+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1086Likes

Thread: Once Upon A Time ABC

  1. #1061
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    I agree with y'all about the premier. It wasn't horrid, nr was it great. I found when I rewatched it, (some parts several times) I totally FF through all the Mulan parts.

    One thing I noticed from last night was the change in Mary Margaret's personality as she became Snow. Snow is stronger, more self-assured tn MM and much fiestier. I also liked the exchange between the "new" family when Emma talks about being left and says if she hadn't been set away, at least they'd have been together all those years. However, since we have a good bit of adopton in our family (including an adopted granddaughter,) I wonder if the writers/creaters have something against "giving a child up" for something better.

  2. #1062
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    I'd have to re watch the show where they sent Emma away, but did they send her to "something better" or so she could grow up and be the savior? It strikes me that sending a newborn baby away with a young boy who has until recently been made of wood was not necessarily in the best interest of either child. However, if they hadn't sent her away, they would all have been stuck in Storybrook forever (apparently) not knowing who they really are, and who knows who Emma would have would up with or what her fate would have been. Obviously, the Queen was not about to leave them together as a happy family..
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  3. #1063
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'd have to re watch the show where they sent Emma away, but did they send her to "something better" or so she could grow up and be the savior? It strikes me that sending a newborn baby away with a young boy who has until recently been made of wood was not necessarily in the best interest of either child. However, if they hadn't sent her away, they would all have been stuck in Storybrook forever (apparently) not knowing who they really are, and who knows who Emma would have would up with or what her fate would have been. Obviously, the Queen was not about to leave them together as a happy family..
    I think it was both - they sent her to what they thought would be a better life than what the rest of them were doomed to, and also to be their savior.

    But you are right - Snow and Charming got split up. Why would Emma have been with either of them? She probably would have been adopted by somebody else. And it could have been the mayor! But I don't think the writers are looking for logic. They're looking for drama.
    nanarama likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

  4. #1064
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,634

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'd have to re watch the show where they sent Emma away, but did they send her to "something better" or so she could grow up and be the savior? It strikes me that sending a newborn baby away with a young boy who has until recently been made of wood was not necessarily in the best interest of either child. However, if they hadn't sent her away, they would all have been stuck in Storybrook forever (apparently) not knowing who they really are, and who knows who Emma would have would up with or what her fate would have been. Obviously, the Queen was not about to leave them together as a happy family..
    The way I remember, no one knew that Pinnoccio was in the tree. Geppeto hid him in a secret compartment. So everyone thought Emma the baby was alone. Considering she was very newborn, that alone was beyond risky.

    That's where Rumplestiltskin comes in.
    He told Snow & Charming that their baby would come back on her 28th birthday to save everyone from the curse. This is how they knew that their baby would survive. She'd obviously be OK if she would be coming back on her 28th birthday.
    So they put her in the tree to save her primarily, but also to save everyone else from the curse.

    I pay way too much attention to these TV shows.
    nanarama likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  5. #1065
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The way I remember, no one knew that Pinnoccio was in the tree. Geppeto hid him in a secret compartment. So everyone thought Emma the baby was alone. Considering she was very newborn, that alone was beyond risky.

    That's where Rumplestiltskin comes in.
    He told Snow & Charming that their baby would come back on her 28th birthday to save everyone from the curse. This is how they knew that their baby would survive. She'd obviously be OK if she would be coming back on her 28th birthday.
    So they put her in the tree to save her primarily, but also to save everyone else from the curse.

    I pay way too much attention to these TV shows.
    Oh now it's coming back! Wasn't the original plan was for pregnant Snow to go through and then have the baby on the other side so she would be there to take care of her? But she gave birth before the tree was ready, and because of the bargain Gepetto made with the Blue Fairy, thought there was only room for one?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  6. #1066
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I think it was both - they sent her to what they thought would be a better life than what the rest of them were doomed to, and also to be their savior.

    But you are right - Snow and Charming got split up. Why would Emma have been with either of them? She probably would have been adopted by somebody else. And it could have been the mayor! But I don't think the writers are looking for logic. They're looking for drama.
    Also I doubt Emma is thinking logically at the moment.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  7. #1067
    It's Not Unusual! KrazeeKy07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,207

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    I kept yelling "expecto patronum" when they were fighting the wraith!

    I enjoyed the premiere...I thought the actress playing Mulan didn't have good line delivery.

    I loved Emma saying "Which curse is worse?" and I loved the little exchange about Snow's one night stand "We were cursed!" Charming's face was priceless!

    I wasn't exactly blown away either, but I like the fact that they now have even more they can explore!
    2boysmom and law638 like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

  8. #1068
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,634

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I kept yelling "expecto patronum" when they were fighting the wraith!
    I did too. When the wraith showed up, the first thing I thought was "dementors? wouldn't they have to pay royalties for that?" I guess calling it a wraith got them off the hook, but it sure looked & acted exactly like a dementor.
    Where's a patronus when you need one?
    babymay and law638 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  9. #1069
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Wasn't thrilled with the way Mulan was just suddenly "there". Where'd she come from & how did she get there? Hopefully, they'll explore that further. Also hoping there's a recovery for Prince Phillip, what had all over 15 minutes fame. Aurora is a bit snippy, kinda like someone who was roused from their nap too soon!

    There is much more to be explored with the "this corner of the kingdom was untouched" storyline. You know Rumple had his hand in that (spinning wheel, anyone?)

    And speaking of Rumple, I admit to nearly melting when Belle told him she was staying. Yes!


    Incidentally, if your pockets are deep and you have a Rumple-Belle obsession, you can own that chipped cup. Yes, THE chipped cup. Robert Carlyle was given the prop to keep and he had generously donated it to an auction, currently in progress on Ebay. It is signed by him and Emilie De Ravin both. There are several other items available.

    All proceeds go to a charity benefiting children.

    Once Upon A Time - The Chipped Cup - Original Set Prop! | eBay
    JavaJo likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  10. #1070
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Once Upon A Time ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Wasn't thrilled with the way Mulan was just suddenly "there". Where'd she come from & how did she get there? Hopefully, they'll explore that further. Also hoping there's a recovery for Prince Phillip, what had all over 15 minutes fame. Aurora is a bit snippy, kinda like someone who was roused from their nap too soon!

    There is much more to be explored with the "this corner of the kingdom was untouched" storyline. You know Rumple had his hand in that (spinning wheel, anyone?)

    And speaking of Rumple, I admit to nearly melting when Belle told him she was staying. Yes!


    Incidentally, if your pockets are deep and you have a Rumple-Belle obsession, you can own that chipped cup. Yes, THE chipped cup. Robert Carlyle was given the prop to keep and he had generously donated it to an auction, currently in progress on Ebay. It is signed by him and Emilie De Ravin both. There are several other items available.

    All proceeds go to a charity benefiting children.

    Once Upon A Time - The Chipped Cup - Original Set Prop! | eBay
    Thanks for sharing the eBay auction! Too cool. I love that Robert Carlysle said "...it will take an enormous bid to prise it from my grubby hands!!" I can just hear him cackling in his Rumplestiltskin voice!

    Regarding the bolded - Prince Phillip's story isn't over. He's in NY. He's the guy who got the crappy room with the window that wouldn't shut. Then the bird showed up with the Storybrooke calling card with "broken" written on the back. Broken, as in the curse is broken??? I'm guessing he's going to be instrumental in getting things straightened out between him being here and MM and Emma being in the dreary part of Fairytale Land.

    ETA - I am wrong about Prince Phillip in NY. He's a different actor, and all we have for him is "mystery man." Poo. There goes my theory. OK, what happened to Prince Phillip???
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 10-01-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.