+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

American Horror Story (FX)

Did anyone catch the premiere of American Horror Story on FX last week? I went into it a little skeptical because I don't quite see how they will maintain a "horror story" as a television series. However, after just one episode, it is one of my favorite new shows so far! There were so many interesting characters introduced that I just want to know more about. Between the creepy neighbor, the dead maid, and the dangerous psychopathic kid who has taken an interest in the daughter, I can't wait to keep watching and see where this story goes!! Warning: it has its MA rating for a reason!! I thought some of the MA material was gratuitous. It didn't really detract from the story, I am mostly a bit annoyed by it because it limits the windows when I can watch since I have kids.

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Both me and my DH loved this show. I had recorded it and we watched last night. Just creepy enough without going over the top. The nudity didn't bother me but not sure it was necessary.
    Love a good creepy show w/o being a slasher type with blood and guts. Just the camera panning over all those icky things in the jars, down in the basement was scary enough.
    The cast was terrific. Besides the main characters, the other actors had just enough strangeness to their looks to be believeable. So glad it's on.

We watched this one this morning and we were both kind of confused. We don't watch movies from the "horror" category so maybe thats why but I couldn't tell when some things were really happening/if they were dreaming/tranced out/whatever. I thik Connie Britton is a fantastic actress so I might stick around for one more episode but this one is just strange and confusing I may have to leave it...
    Poppy Fields likes this.

i recorded it last week and watched over the weekend, i am IN LOVE with this show!!!!! can't wait til the next episode!!!!!

Watched this week's episode last night. I just don't think this show could get any better! The story is captivating, the filming techniques are interesting, the characters leave you wanting to know more about them. I really need to work on learning everyone's names since I plan to keep watching. This show is also wonderfully darkly humorous!
    Addie: "There’s a bad man next door”
    Constance: “Well, I don’t like him either, but he owns the house now.”

When the girl from the home invasion got axed I was just thinking: Who is gonna take the fall for this? And WHO is going to have to clean up that mess!? I guess it's a good thing that house came with a maid!!

I think one of the things I love the most is that they seem to cover a TON of material in each episode without making it feel rushed at all. I can't quite figure out how they accomplish this, but they are excellent at it!!

This week they left off with the mom saying they are selling the house, so now I can't wait to find out what will keep them there. I also am speculating that Tate (the psychopath kid) may be the son of the neighbor lady Constance. When she was talking to the mom earlier in the episode she said something about how she had four other kids, and one of them was "physical perfection" but was "lost to other things" or something to that effect. Also, the fact that this kid always seems to just appear in the house makes me wonder if he is really alive or not. Maybe next week the house will get rid of the dad's former fling for him!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-14-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I also am speculating that Tate (the psychopath kid) may be the son of the neighbor lady Constance. When she was talking to the mom earlier in the episode she said something about how she had four other kids, and one of them was "physical perfection" but was "lost to other things" or something to that effect. Also, the fact that this kid always seems to just appear in the house makes me wonder if he is really alive or not. Maybe next week the house will get rid of the dad's former fling for him!
    Love this show! Weird, yes. Creepy, yes. Does it leave me confused? Yes. But somehow it works!! Second epi is DVR'vd for this weekend, so I haven't watched yet. ClosetRTWatcher, I was wondering the same thing about the kid though. Especially at the end of the first epi when he was standing there with the maid (who I'm assuming is a ghost since Constance threatened to kill her again ) and Constance. I'm hoping to get some answers this week about wifey's pregnancy....because you just know daddy is the rubber suited freak and not her husband. And just who...or what...is in that rubber suit anyway???
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Really loving this show so far after the first two episodes. It's definitely bizarre but like people have already stated it doesn't seem over the top or rushed. Can't wait to see where they go with this!

i wish it came on more often than once a week!

After just the two episodes, I really like this show. It's got just enough spookiness, is still subtle with the storyline but nevertheless, creepy.
    I got a little confused about the husband going to see that girl. Was she the one he had the affair with? I wasn't sure.
    Jessica Lang is very good in this show....just enough creepy-ness to keep me watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I got a little confused about the husband going to see that girl. Was she the one he had the affair with? I wasn't sure.
    Yes, the girl he went to see was the one had the affair with (she was also one of his students). My son was confused on this point too because his first scene with the "other woman" was after he told his wife that he needed to go be with the family of his former patient because the patient had committed suicide. I pointed out that the key bit of info he overlooked was the prior scene when Larry Harvey (the burned man) was telling him that he needed to lie to his wife.

This may not be the end of the "other woman's" story though, in the preview for the next episode it looked like she was in the new house with him - Yikes!!

I saw Zachary Quinto on a cast list for this show as "Chad, the former owner of the house". I can't wait until he makes an appearance, I have missed him on TV since Heroes ended!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast