+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Let's not forget Project Murder House and Real HouseGhosts of Murder House!!

Thanks, Mindy, for a good laugh. I could use that after watching this show.

Did anyone else notice the decorations on the front lawn of Murder House that Halloween night? Both DH and I did, couldn't believe what we saw so went back and re-watched and saw that what we thought we saw, we really saw!!
    It was two skeletons, the front one bending over and the other one, right behind him, in a thrusting position....and I don't think it was a take on football moves with the one skeleton passing the football between his legs!! It was only there for a split second and I guess they felt it was appropriate for the gay couple but wow!
    You're welcome ! I enjoy trying to be clever (although its often hit-or-miss).

I didn't notice the skeletons but it is not surprising with Ryan Murphy at the helm. If yall remember Nip/Tuck (or Nip/*uck as me and my roomies liked to call it) they pretty much included every depraved sexual scenario they could think of and Murphy has stated on several occasions that he wants to push the limits on TV (he has also said that he would like to basically be the first to show a man penetrating a man on network tv (even though I vaguely remember them doing that with Christian and the serial slicer on Nip/Tuck)). With that said, boning skeletons is no biggie

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    You're welcome ! I enjoy trying to be clever (although its often hit-or-miss).

I didn't notice the skeletons but it is not surprising with Ryan Murphy at the helm. If yall remember Nip/Tuck (or Nip/*uck as me and my roomies liked to call it) they pretty much included every depraved sexual scenario they could think of and Murphy has stated on several occasions that he wants to push the limits on TV (he has also said that he would like to basically be the first to show a man penetrating a man on network tv (even though I vaguely remember them doing that with Christian and the serial slicer on Nip/Tuck)). With that said, boning skeletons is no biggie
    Oh, yes, I definitely remember Nip/Tuck....especially in the early seasons when it was shocking but good!
    I guess that does explain those naughty and randy skeletons. You had to really have a sharp eye to catch them but there they were! Just subliminal message, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Did anyone else notice the decorations on the front lawn of Murder House that Halloween night? Both DH and I did, couldn't believe what we saw so went back and re-watched and saw that what we thought we saw, we really saw!!
    It was two skeletons, the front one bending over and the other one, right behind him, in a thrusting position....and I don't think it was a take on football moves with the one skeleton passing the football between his legs!! It was only there for a split second and I guess they felt it was appropriate for the gay couple but wow!
    I missed it, but my teen son commented on it. He just said the skeletons were in a "sexual position". They did say during the show that some kids were vandalizing their decorations, so we assumed that is how they got that way.

My question is: There is a lot of discussion about this being a "gay thing" - if they are skeletons how do you know they were both supposed to be men...?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    My question is: There is a lot of discussion about this being a "gay thing" - if they are skeletons how do you know they were both supposed to be men...?
    Good question and I think the reason I thought it was a "gay thing" was because of the predominance of the storyline about the gay couple in Part 1 and 2. And maybe because of the position of the skeletons....even though I'm aware that it could apply to both homo or hetero. There was a lot of emphasis on them being gay so I think it was a natural assumption.

Well THAT was a spicy episode!

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek View Post
    Well THAT was a spicy episode!
    It WAS pretty spicy!
    I think Moira is such an interesting character and both of the actresses carry out their roles very well. Young Moira seems to not be able to help herself when it comes to men, but she also seems completely indifferent to what she is doing. Old Moira seems to "know" that men are scum (not that they are, but her experience has taught her this), but she still wants to innocently believe they really care for her, like when she said that buyer was going to build her a pool.

I did not foresee the connection between Larry and Constance at all! It is kinda nice to know that he actually has a reason for lurking around that house! But I have many more questions about Constance now: I wonder why she kept her deformed son chained up in the attic? Was she having the affair with Larry before she killed her husband? WAS she really having an affair with Larry, or was he just kind of obsessed with her? Is the fact that she killed her husband the reason she was worried they would take Beau away, or did someone call CPS about him? And didn't she say she had four kids? When will we meet the last one?

When Constance was in the basement, she made a comment to Larry that was something like "No one can own this house". That comment combined with Tate giving Violet lessons on how to control when she sees ghosts made me wonder if maybe Violet COULD "own" the house. I do think Violet will eventually help Tate come to terms with the fact that he is dead. I like her!

Vivian is having twins - that is big news!! There was no comment on identical vs fraternal. Could one of them be Ben's and the other one black rubber suit guy's!? Did they tell Violet about the pregnancy being twins? For some reason I don't remember seeing that in this episode... I am really curious to see how Vivian is going to handle the fact that she sat down and had a nice chit-chat with a ghost.

Have I mentioned recently how much I love this show?!

I still think violet is dead. She barely comes out of her room. She doesn't eat much at all. Now she is seeing the rest of the ghosts, and she hasn't interacted with anyone but Tate and her parents since she tried the pills.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    I still think violet is dead. She barely comes out of her room. She doesn't eat much at all. Now she is seeing the rest of the ghosts, and she hasn't interacted with anyone but Tate and her parents since she tried the pills.
    But if she is dead, wouldn't her parents have found a body...? Maybe coming so close to death opened her up to seeing more of the ghosts?

I'm not sure if she has left the house, but she did have dinner with her parents when they told her they were concerned and was looking at the photos with her mom at the end of the episode. Even if the body was somehow hidden and the parents were seeing her ghost, wouldn't the school have called to tell them if she suddenly stopped showing up?

Tate, Moira and Constance have gotten rid of bodies before, and she didn't eat at the dinner with her parents. True about the school though.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Go here for a sneek peak at Hayden and Nora talking about Viv on the upcoming episode.

Freaky
    American Horror Story Season 1 Episode 8 Video

+ Reply to Thread