+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think the two Halloween episode really supplied us with info but not really answers. We now know who are ghosts but don't know why they are. I get the feeling that Constance and the maid are stuck being ghosts as their "punishment." Moira seems really scared to leave this world.
    I have never thought that Constance might be a ghost. She leaves the house and the property all the time...

Despite my earlier misgivings I've really gotten into this show and now I am super excited about the 2nd season pickup...BUT, I was also wondering how the first season will end...is it really believable to keep the original family around (a-would we really believe they would stay? b-would they really survive that long?) for such a long period of time in the freaking Murder House? I suppose they could start season 2 fresh and we will still have the original cast if they all died in the house (then we could watch them struggle with their 'ghostness') or..I dunno.

Now, that thought got me to thinking about all the awesome ghosts hanging out in the murder house--I mean seriously, we have an interesting group of complex characters and incredible actors all chilling in one place just waiting to share their crazy relationships and 'lives' with us...this is basically Melrose Place on crack. Maybe we could get a drama spinoff that's just a show about the dearly departed hanging out at the house; we certainly have enough awesome characters to pull it off (gay couple (zachary quinto!), tate, grieving widow, mangled kid-baby, moira, etc...) and they could follow any number of successful models by making a few adjustments:
    imagine...
    Glee-Murder House Rocks!
    American Horror Story and it's not-so-modern-but-quite-dead-families
    Murder House's Next Top Model
    Makeover: Murder House!

But, in all seriousness, I could really watch a series just based on the sub-plots of the ghosts and their lives...ryan murphy:call me!
    Katydyd likes this.

As to last night's episode....
    Did
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Violet die? or did Tate save her?

The part with Constance and the medium channeling Addy was touching. It gave Constance closure and let us know that Addy is happy and will not be back as a ghost, which is what she wanted.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    The part with Constance and the medium channeling Addy was touching. It gave Constance closure and let us know that Addy is happy and will not be back as a ghost, which is what she wanted.
    I thought that was nice also. I was wondering if the medium was a fraud until she said Addy was happy that Constance hadn't gotten her there in time.

I think Tate saved Violet. I thought the actress playing Violet did a fantastic job being completely freaked out about the fact that she has been "dating" a ghost!!

I was glad that we got a clearer picture of what happened to Tate. The side story with Ben's client was odd. I love the actor that played him (what a departure this was from Modern Family!) but it felt kind of random. Although a lot of Ben's patients feel that way, and weird stuff ends up happening to them. I wonder if this will come back around to bite Ben in the end.

Eeeeew, about all the stuff Vivian is eating to feed that kid!

I have also wondered about whether they will have a new family for season 2. However, for now I'm just going to try to focus on season 1 and enjoy every second of it!!!

I was half asleep at the end but were those guys really in the bathroom at Murder House? Was it another home invasion? I got a little confused!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I was half asleep at the end but were those guys really in the bathroom at Murder House? Was it another home invasion? I got a little confused!
    It was a home invasion, but they were in the bathroom at the patient's house (not the Murder House). They had broken in to rob him. Oh, the irony!

ETA: I could not watch this show sleepy, I would miss too much! Didn't I just see you comment the other day about how you shouldn't multi-task? Sleeping and watching TV are the most difficult activities to multi-task!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 11-10-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks CRTW! For some reason the bathroom looked to be the same layout. That side story really did seem random unless they are trying to show us that anyone who enters the house is going to eventually get hurt or die.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    ...Now, that thought got me to thinking about all the awesome ghosts hanging out in the murder house--I mean seriously, we have an interesting group of complex characters and incredible actors all chilling in one place just waiting to share their crazy relationships and 'lives' with us...this is basically Melrose Place on crack. Maybe we could get a drama spinoff that's just a show about the dearly departed hanging out at the house; we certainly have enough awesome characters to pull it off (gay couple (zachary quinto!), tate, grieving widow, mangled kid-baby, moira, etc...) and they could follow any number of successful models by making a few adjustments:
    imagine...
    Glee-Murder House Rocks!
    Mindy this totally had me !!!

How about: Desperate Murder House-wives or CSI: Murder House?

In all seriousness though, just by the nature of the show, as it continues I think the ghosts and Constance will almost have to be the stars with a rotating family of seasonal "guest stars." The big question being, do they make it out alive by the end of the season? I'm not sure how else they work it Then again, I'm clearly not among the creative geniuses that put this together in the first place, so who knows what they have in store for us next
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    CSI: Murder House?

In all seriousness though, just by the nature of the show, as it continues I think the ghosts and Constance will almost have to be the stars with a rotating family of seasonal "guest stars." The big question being, do they make it out alive by the end of the season? I'm not sure how else they work it
    My goodness, I think even the CSI crew would be like "forget this." Turn on the black light and the murder house might just explode....

I think youre spot-on, katy! The only way to keep the show fresh and somewhat realistic is to have the undead inhabitants stick around as humans for a reasonable amount of time. If the house attacks/allows the current horror at this rate on all of it's owners they can only take so much before they end up dead or in an asylum. Plus, it could be fun to see the Harmons struggle with their status as trapped ghosts and see if they would turn on the next owners as well. Ultimately, I could see Mrs. Harmon or Violet as the reluctant heroes at the end of the series who give up their lives and families (and for Violet, Tate) to move on and help the last human owners of the house destroy it...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I have never thought that Constance might be a ghost. She leaves the house and the property all the time...
    I thought she pretty much admitted, in a round about way, that she was a ghost....but there's usually so much that goes on during an hour of this show that I could be mistaken...it's confusing, to say the least, although wonderfully creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    imagine...
    Glee-Murder House Rocks!
    Let's not forget Project Murder House and Real HouseGhosts of Murder House!!

Thanks, Mindy, for a good laugh. I could use that after watching this show.

Did anyone else notice the decorations on the front lawn of Murder House that Halloween night? Both DH and I did, couldn't believe what we saw so went back and re-watched and saw that what we thought we saw, we really saw!!
    It was two skeletons, the front one bending over and the other one, right behind him, in a thrusting position....and I don't think it was a take on football moves with the one skeleton passing the football between his legs!! It was only there for a split second and I guess they felt it was appropriate for the gay couple but wow!

+ Reply to Thread