+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Woo Hoo Thanks for the update Bug!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

So about 10 minutes after I woke up this morning I remembered that it is WEDNESDAY and that means a new American Horror Story tonight! I have been practically giddy ever since!!

Hello. My name is CRTW, and I have a problem...

Hello CRTW, welcome to our support group!

I will be watching this at 11pm tonight because I have other shows at the same time. My stepdaughter texted me last night to ask me if I watch this. I said, Yeah!! She went on to pick my brain about what I thought about several different things. It was great to have this in common!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well I enjoyed yet another episode. I love that when an episode ends I'm already looking forward to next week! Some random thoughts:

- We have confirmation that Constance is Tate's mom. I wonder what she thinks will happen if he finds out about Addie? Does he see her much anyway? Addie was over at the house all the time, but we never saw them together.

- Tate's past. It appears that the "dream" Tate discussed with Ben in an early episode was actually his past. We can gather that he killed his classmates, but he seemed to genuinely not remember it. He MUST be a ghost because his classmate said she was supposed to be 34 and he hasn't aged. Can ghosts have PTSD? I also found it curious that they could hurt him. Can ghosts just hurt each other, or could a living person also hurt a ghost? It seems like once they are dead, they should be beyond pain - is this just a Halloween thing as well? Why is it that they answer one question about Tate and I have ten more?

- I wasn't sure if people from "outside" would see the ghosts, so I found the security guard (Morris Chestnut - I didn't catch the character's name) scene with Hayden interesting. It seemed to be confirmation that when a ghost is visible it is visible to everyone. Also, there is definitely something brewing between Vivian and handsome security guard! I wonder how the house will take that?

- I don't really understand the dynamic yet between the house and the spirits in the house. Maybe that will be more clear when we know more about Vivian's pregnancy. I initially thought that the original owner of the house getting Ben up to save Vivian was like "the house" trying to protect the baby it seems to have created. I am, of course, assuming Rubber Suit Man is the father. However, if Hayden's spirit is part of the house now then she probably shouldn't be threatening the baby to begin with. Now that Ben is gone is there going to be some ongoing conflict with the ghosts over Vivian? Beyond that some of the ghosts seem to want the Harmons in the house and others seem to want them gone. It could be interesting to see how the dynamic between the ghosts plays out.

For next time:
    What the heck did that nurse see on the ultrasound!?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Well I enjoyed yet another episode. I love that when an episode ends I'm already looking forward to next week! Some random thoughts:

-
    - Tate's past. It appears that the "dream" Tate discussed with Ben in an early episode was actually his past. We can gather that he killed his classmates, but he seemed to genuinely not remember it. He MUST be a ghost because his classmate said she was supposed to be 34 and he hasn't aged. Can ghosts have PTSD? I also found it curious that they could hurt him. Can ghosts just hurt each other, or could a living person also hurt a ghost? It seems like once they are dead, they should be beyond pain - is this just a Halloween thing as well? Why is it that they answer one question about Tate and I have ten more?

- I wasn't sure if people from "outside" would see the ghosts, so I found the security guard (Morris Chestnut - I didn't catch the character's name) scene with Hayden interesting. It seemed to be confirmation that when a ghost is visible it is visible to everyone. Also, there is definitely something brewing between Vivian and handsome security guard! I wonder how the house will take that?

For next time:
    What the heck did that nurse see on the ultrasound!?
    I think the teen ghosts and hayden were only able to interact with the other people and ghosts (Tate) was because it was halloween. the teens said that they had been looking for Tate for awhile and only found him because he was on the beach with Violet. If he had stayed in the house they would not have found him.

Side note...Constance lives next door... she used to live in the house... where did Tate grow up?... was the husband that Constance shot Tate's or Addie's dad? Did she move next door to be near the husband or the son when they died? Will we get any answers this season or will it drag on like Lost did?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

"Tate wearing the black suit......does this mean he is the one who killed the gay men and had sex with Vivian? "

When Tate was wearing the suit, it seemed obvious to me that his body type was very different than that of the person we usually see wearing it, so I would say no. But, who knows. lol

How can Tate remember that his mother used to have many men over, performing sexual acts but not remember he murdered high school students? Does he just not want Violet to know or does he actually not remember what he did? He must know he is dead because he knew about being able to leave the area on Halloween night. I still want to know how he died and whether or not Constance was living in the murder house during that time (this would be 10 years after she killed her husband and Moira) or did she just drag Tate to the murder house so he would be there forever?
    Yup, with donuts!!

i have no answers to any of your questions, but boy do i love this show!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    i have no answers to any of your questions, but boy do i love this show!
    Buttahfly! I feel exactly the same way. I have a zillion questions and zero answers...but I sure am enjoying the ride! And I'm with you CRTW....I can't wait to see just what the heck is growing in Vivian's belly!
    Ace Medallion likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm loving this show! Lots of ghosts, creepiness, dark broody atmosphere....so different and so much better than slasher films that are called "horror." Hate slasher films.
    I think the two Halloween episode really supplied us with info but not really answers. We now know who are ghosts but don't know why they are. I get the feeling that Constance and the maid are stuck being ghosts as their "punishment." Moira seems really scared to leave this world.
    I think Chad (Zachery Quinto) is now stuck in the house too...he's too big of a star to just have a short lived part. Funny how he just told the world about his homosexuality and played on this show. So I expect to see more of him.
    I'm very puzzled why Violet is unafraid of everything.
    Ben is definitely a cad and Vivien is definitely torn between still loving him and hating him for his infidelity.
    Want to know what that medical person (doctor, nurse?) saw on the sonogram.
    Had trouble with how Vivien's sudden bleeding was later reduced to "spotting." I've had spotting and it never looked like what we saw. Her doctor is very very strange too.
    I'm looking forward to more of this show. It's confusing but wonderfully creepy.

+ Reply to Thread