+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Last night's episode left me perplexed. I thought the ghosts couldn't leave the house, but this week we saw both Moira and Tate off the property - WTH!? Moira did just ask for one day off, and Tate seemed reluctant at first...maybe it takes more energy/effort for them to materialize away from the house? The scene with Moira and her mother was really quite sad.

I was COMPLETELY taken by surprise when Addie got hit by the car!! There did seem to be some confirmation that people who die on the property stay there as ghosts. I assume that is why Constance insisted on dragging Addie's body over to their yard as she was dying.

I'm looking forward to part 2 next week! It cannot be a good sign that the nurse passed out when she was looking at the sonogram - what the heck did she see!? And what will happen with Violet - will the "latex entity" go after her (I don't think it is Tate in there this time)?

Closet, the reason they could go off property is because the time around Halloween is when the dead can walk among the living. At least that was what was in the story Addie was reading in the beginning of the episode. Which is why Tate agreed to a date on Halloween night. And yes, the scene with Moira and her mother was sad, especially as her mother tried to get her to come with her, but she was unable to. The"old" version of Moira (which is supposed to be her true self) is rather tragic and sympathetic in general.

As for Addie...absolutely a shocker ! But I agree, that was not only confirmation that those who die on the property stay there...but that Constance is very aware of it since she was so desperate to get Addie to the lawn before she actually died. So what the heck is her full connection to the house..and how come even though her family seems to die around her, she gets to live after being a resident of the house?

I'm hooked on this and really looking forward to next week....though if Direct doesn't get their act together it looks like I'll be watching on line. I almost wouldn't mind having to lose most of Fox if only they'd take their rancid "news" channel too....but of course that will remain regardless of whether they are able to hash out a deal
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

So the doctor sewed his little boy back together which explains why the thing in the basement looks so horrid.

I wonder why we didn't get to see what happened to Patrick when the man in the black suit showed up. Obviously he died but how did the police come to the conclusion that it was murder suicide? Are they trapped in the house as well? It would seem if the police came then the bodies would have been removed from the property so are they trapped there or just visiting?

Tate wearing the black suit......does this mean he is the one who killed the gay men and had sex with Vivian? Since Violet was able to see Larry the burn guy, does this mean he is in fact (or was) a person and not a piece of Ben's personality? So many questions!!

We still don't know exactly who Tate is or how he ended up stuck in the house. Looks like Hayden is going to cause some major issues!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I came here to read all about this show to see if I might like it. Since I have not watched any episodes, can you imagine how confusing all this is..........lol. I see I am going to have to catch up from the beginning to make sense of it all!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Closet, the reason they could go off property is because the time around Halloween is when the dead can walk among the living. At least that was what was in the story Addie was reading in the beginning of the episode. Which is why Tate agreed to a date on Halloween night.
    Thank you Katydyd! I heard the part where Addie was talking about her story, but for some reason I completely missed the connection with them leaving the property!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    So the doctor sewed his little boy back together which explains why the thing in the basement looks so horrid.
    I think it may be worse than that. Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought the appendage he was sewing onto his son looked furry like it was a monkey hand or something like that. <<shudders>>

I wonder why we didn't get to see what happened to Patrick when the man in the black suit showed up. Obviously he died but how did the police come to the conclusion that it was murder suicide? Are they trapped in the house as well? It would seem if the police came then the bodies would have been removed from the property so are they trapped there or just visiting?
    There are definitely still a lot of open questions about the relationship between the ghosts and the house. Moira certainly implies that if a body is stuck on the property then the ghost is trapped there as well. To bad Ben didn't know this before he dumped Hayden in the backyard! However, I'm not really sure we know exactly what happens with people who die there, but have their bodies removed. Maybe they can come and go like we have seen with most of the other ghosts?

Tate wearing the black suit......does this mean he is the one who killed the gay men and had sex with Vivian?
    I have been thinking it is not usually Tate in the black suit, and that scene with him in it trying to scare Violet was maybe meant to mislead. But who knows with this show!?

We still don't know exactly who Tate is or how he ended up stuck in the house. Looks like Hayden is going to cause some major issues!
    Is it bad that I kind of want Hayden to make Ben squirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I came here to read all about this show to see if I might like it. Since I have not watched any episodes, can you imagine how confusing all this is..........lol. I see I am going to have to catch up from the beginning to make sense of it all!!
    I hope you enjoy catching up!! We are just a few episodes in, but a LOT happens on this show!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-28-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coco46
    I watched the pilot and "Home Invasion" on IMDB and didn't like the show that much. Watched "Murder House" today, and now I'm finding myself not only hooked but an episode behind.

IMDB streams the eipisodes via Hulu and they are a week behind the current week's episode. But you can catch up a lot there. Checking my TV listing, this week's episode, "Halloween, Part 1," won't re-air until Tuesday at 1 a.m. EST. I'll have to record it.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-28-2011 at 10:26 PM.

'American Horror Story' Gets Season 2 Order From FX | TheWrap TV
    WooHoo!

Also remember there is a marathon tonight of the first four episodes for anyone that is trying to catch up!! TV Guide says it starts at 10:00 PM ET/PT.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-31-2011 at 03:14 PM.

I've seen every episode a couple of times but will probably watch the marathon if nothing else is on. I'm looking forward to Wednesday to see part 2 of the Halloween episode!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've seen every episode a couple of times but will probably watch the marathon if nothing else is on. I'm looking forward to Wednesday to see part 2 of the Halloween episode!
    Me too! I'm just hoping I can watch on the big screen and don't have to watch on-line.....still not sure what's happening with Directv and Fox
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I think I read somewhere online that DirecTv and Fox have come to an agreement and all Fox channels will continue to be shown. Can't wait for tomorrow night!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread