+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Last night we learned how the Moira died. I'm going to believe that Tate is a ghost as well but I'm still on the fence about the neighbor. I feel like she might be a ghost but we see her interact with people outside of the house and none of the other ghost characters seem to be able to leave the house. There really wasn't any scary things in the episode but it sure answered a lot of questions. I don't understand why the husband didn't do a search about Larry to see if he really was released from prison because of a brain tumor. That would have been the first thing I did after meeting that whackado. Hopefully we find out Tate's story soon. After seeing that the doctor and wife had one baby boy, maybe Tate is their child stuck in the house?
    Yup, with donuts!!

I still think Constance is a living person. I started wondering about Larry though, we haven't seen him interact with anyone but Ben and it seems like he would draw attention! Of course, Ben's mistress would be an exception but since he killed her I think she is a special exception!

It seems like the conversation that Ben and Vivian had about Moira should have triggered additional discussion. Vivian looked at him strangely but then let it slide when he said stuff like how she was "always prancing around in that costume". I was glad to hear Moira's explanation of why they saw her differently though! I was sad for her when they trapped her there by building the veranda over her body.

For some reason out of the blue today I made the connection that the actor who plays Larry is also Russell Edgington from TB. Yes, I am a dork and probably should have recognized him from the beginning!

I also wonder if the thing in the cellar is tied to the "Frankenstein" experiments performed by the original owner. If it is I really hope they don't tie it to the pregnancies he terminated. I feel like they might start stomping into political ground if they go there, and that would really turn me off. It looked like we might learn more about the thing in the basement from Tate next week.

I find it interesting that the daughter isn't scared of the house. I wonder if that will change?
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-20-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: I just had lots more to say about this show ; )

I missed the explanation about why people see Moira differently. I ended up catching the episode at 1am so I was nearly asleep and missed a lot of stuff.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I missed the explanation about why people see Moira differently. I ended up catching the episode at 1am so I was nearly asleep and missed a lot of stuff.
    About men she said "they see what they want to see" and about women it was something like "they see inside to the truth of a person".

Ooooooo. One more interesting tidbit from last night is that Vivian started bleeding when she was on the bus tour but she told the doctor that it stopped as soon as she got back to the house. So it seems that the pregnancy is creepily tied to the house (in more ways than one). Is she going to realize this and be freaked out? Or is she just going to assume she needs rest and stay at home?

The speculation to be had about this show is endless!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-20-2011 at 07:06 PM.

I have already begun to search the web to see if anyone has blogs regarding the interpretation of each episode! I like to hear different views but I also would love to have a few spoilers thrown in as well. So far not too many spoilers have been leaked.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I have already begun to search the web to see if anyone has blogs regarding the interpretation of each episode! I like to hear different views but I also would love to have a few spoilers thrown in as well. So far not too many spoilers have been leaked.
    I son't like being spoiled, so I'm okay with that part! Maybe you have already seen this one. I ran across this blog after the second episode and thought it made some interesting points. They had a couple of tidbits about the future, but nothing earth shattering. This link is to the current episode, but it has links to the first two also.
    American Horror Story: 10 questions about Murder House - The Washington Post

I hope DirecTv and F/X figure things out before the threatened Nov 1 pulling of the network from DirecTv. I can see it online if needed, but I would hate for such a promising show to take a ratings wallop just as it is starting out because two companies can't agree on dollars. It definitely has me hooked!!
    Wag more, bark less

We went through this a while back with TimeWarner Cable/FX negotiating their contracts. Thankfully we didn't lose the channel.

I'm so curious to find out if the neighbor and her daughter are ghosts. Larry.....why hasn't Ben googled his story yet? Is he a ghost, a split part of Ben or is he really a man who murdered his family and is dying? I love that this show makes me think. It has so many little stories intertwined with the main story about this family! Does the house dislike Ben? It seems to save the women and ensure no harm comes to them but Ben gets the short end of the stick!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was just reading Kristin at eonline and tonight we will get some of our questions answered!! I'm looking forward to learning about Tate. Can't wait for tonight!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I watched the first episode (here in Canada some channels don't carry FX). I can't say that I loved it. I don't know if it was because of the channel it was on and there was some stuff edited. The first episode seemed very choppy. It felt somewhat disjointed and I spent most of the episode confused. I'll check the second one out, but I agree that it wouldn't be something I would go out of my way to watch.

+ Reply to Thread