+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

If i remember correctly she left the asylum once then snuck back in... that's when she was admitted. I believe the conversation with Sister Jude happened after her first visit. Also, I agree that Sister Jude saw evil in Lana's eyes. I think Johnny may have been more like his mother than we realize...

I don't think Lana was evil at all. Ambitious, yes. Hardened after all she went through, yes. But she wasn't evil. What Sister Jude saw was the raw ambition in Lana's eyes, and she realized Lana would end up sacrificing some of her soul to feed that ambition because she recognized the same in herself. I saw it as more of a warning in that way. Its true you can't look into the face of evil and madness and come away unscathed, but I don't think she necessarily meant Lana would become evil herself. To me, Lana was tragic and flawed. In the end, she realized her one act of softening, reaching out and wanting to see that her son was ok, was what eventually sent him on his bloody path. Lana was a survivor. With all she had been through, I think she knew at the end it was kill or be killed. There was no hope of salvation for her son. She knew he was a monster, and she knew the role she played in creating the monster. In the grand scheme, she probably did him a favor.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

My preferred scenario is that Lana saw an opportunity for more glory (evil?) when she saw Johnny at the interview. Rather than call the police she had already been in contact with, she taunted Johnny by denouncing his father, and publicly teased an exposť about a son that didn't die. She then seduced the boy and killed him. The perfect ending for her new book!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Season 3 is already starting to shape up! So glad we have so many regulars coming back (playing different characters again of course lol)

Lily Rabe, Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulsen and Evan Peters all confirmed so far!

ETA: Taissa Farmiga is back too! She played Violet in Season One. I really love this show. It's so wonderfully dark and twisted lol.
    football_chick likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Any ideas on what's in store for Season 3?? I think the most popular theory is the next season will be about witches and Salem, but I've heard guesses of a voodoo story thrown around too. I'm kinda hoping for that one. New Orleans, Jessica Lange as a Voodoo priestess - and you could get zombies in there too with voodoo. Deliciously scary stuff Of course if the season is about witches, then Jessica, Sarah, Lily and Taissa could all be part of the same coven.....hmmmmmm. Whatever it is, I can't wait!! Bring on more spoilers and casting news - I love this show!!
    football_chick and mesachick like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Calling the police on Johnny would not have worked. He would escaped and killed more. He could not be contained. Lana made the right decision, IMO. She was tough as nails and it's a good thing she was.

Johnny was not born evil. He chose that road in his hatred for his mother. (Nurture vs. Nature)

I wanted to see more of Pepper too.

Does anyone know why FX is so limited with their ON Demand of dramas? They hold the show at least a week before making it available and they only run the show once per week. It's hard to catch up if you forget to DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know why FX is so limited with their ON Demand of dramas? They hold the show at least a week before making it available and they only run the show once per week. It's hard to catch up if you forget to DVR.
    I don't know, but it is frustrating! Our DVR messed up and didn't record the episode before the finale. We had to wait until days after the finale aired for it to show up OnDemand so we could watch it before wrapping up with the finale!

I've had trouble finding The Americans too! If you go on Time Warner Cable and do a search by title, in order to find out when a certain show is airing, it doesn't always work. I have tried several shows and it doesn't list them. However, they are scheduled on that week's line up. Time Warner Cable is so not my favorite. I will looking for other options soon.

This is just now official... Frances Conroy is back for Season 3 too!
    Katydyd likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    This is just now official... Frances Conroy is back for Season 3 too!
    Yes! I am so happy that all of that talent is coming back: Paulson, Lange, Rabe, Conroy. I loved Frances Conroy in Six Feet Under.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread