+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I haven't been commenting here much this season, but I had to pop it to say that I still love this show. It is so CRAZY!! I am really enjoying all of the actors and actresses that have returned from the first season in different roles. It really hasn't phased me at all because they are all so good! I was thrilled to see Frances Conroy show up as the Angel of Death. I was also happy to see Dylan McDermott come back, but my goodness his character is repulsive! Of all the disturbing content this season, is it weird that I have been the most skeeved out by the sociopathic adult men fixated on breastfeeding!?!?
    No, not at all - it is disturbing.

That said, you've got to give props to McDermott - if he's skeeving you out with this, he's doing an excellent job. I hate saying it but Quinto did not do it nearly as well out of the two bloodyfaces.

I'm hoping that wasn't the last we see of Pepper - she is indeed an interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Of all the disturbing content this season, is it weird that I have been the most skeeved out by the sociopathic adult men fixated on breastfeeding!?!?
    I sure hope not, because I think I was most disturbed by that scene too! Wow, it took me a bit to get into this season, but it has been fantastic! The acting is emmy worthy - if not Oscar, and the stories have been freakishly engrossing. I think they got much deeper into the character development this season which I really appreciated. The entire production is just so well done. That said....does anyone else think that just maybe Dylan McDermott's creepy character might turn out to be one of Kit's children, and not actually Lana and Thredson's son? And what's up with Kit anyway? Why are the alien's so fixated on him?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    No, not at all - it is disturbing.

That said, you've got to give props to McDermott - if he's skeeving you out with this, he's doing an excellent job. I hate saying it but Quinto did not do it nearly as well out of the two bloodyfaces.

I'm hoping that wasn't the last we see of Pepper - she is indeed an interesting character.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks so!!

I actually like both the McDermott and Quinto Bloody Faces. I find it interesting that, although the end result is the same, they have very different personalities. Maybe they can be viewed as a product of their respective times. The elder Threadson grew up in a more conservative, restrictive society and started down the path that was expected of him and then derailed while still trying to maintain the facade. The younger grew up in modern society and could have fallen into his drug habit at a relatively young age while being shuffled through the system. Of course, I'm really just making this all up!

There were some comments a while back from people who were not going to continue with the show because one of the reasons they found it disturbing was that the concept is based on the real-life abuses of the mentally ill in our country's history. However, to me that is part of the brilliance of this show. It is called American Horror Story for a reason! In season 1 it dealt with the "modern horrors" of spousal infidelity, home foreclosures, teen suicide, school shootings, etc. In this season they have chosen new "American horrors" including abuse of the mentally ill, displaced Nazis, and serial killers. Although the whole alien scenario is a bit off-the-wall for me, I'm impressed they have handled it in a way that doesn't make it seem disjointed with the rest of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    That said....does anyone else think that just maybe Dylan McDermott's creepy character might turn out to be one of Kit's children, and not actually Lana and Thredson's son? And what's up with Kit anyway? Why are the alien's so fixated on him?
    I'm starting to think so too - that it's one of Kit's children, and I'll say why in spoilers as it's a bit speculation (and just in case I manage to get it right for once on this show):

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think it's not Kit and Grace's child but the other one - Alma's. I say this because Pepper in a previous episode says you "can't harm" Grace's child, and then Grace says that the aliens are "loving" but when Kit asks about Alma, Grace responds that "sometimes the aliens get it wrong."

Well, if the aliens are full of grace, getting it wrong would be an infant full of horror and vileness - hence Bloodyface.

I too am pretty sure it's not Lana's: I think there was enough of Mary Eunice left to see that the child was still alive and SHE, not the Devil was thankful the child was still alive after the abortion attempt.

As far as the fixation on Kit - maybe because he was killed and resurrected by Alden that maybe they're wondering why people would put others to the brink of death and bring them back to life... or just making sure he'd take care of Grace after she returned to earth.

Well the season finale was tonight and I'll say a couple of things - not all in spoilers but a couple just in case:

1. I thought they did a beautiful finish for Sister Jude's story as well as Kit's. They were REALLY well filmed. WAS disappointed there wasn't one more appearance for Pepper.

2. It's sadly amazing how scenes you see in the asylum in the beginning have actually happened in present day.

3. Nice to see the ironic twist to Timothy - but wasn't surprised. Will say watch for Catholic church's responses to the scene.

and now for a spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Originally I thought the final scene with Lana and Sister Jude was a bit weird - being back at the Asylum in 1964 with Lana NOT being put in the Asylum.

But then thinking of the final scenes prior to the shot, where Lana turns the gun on bloodyface jr. and shoots him when he realizes the error of his ways, I figured it out that it to me seems that Jude is seeing the evil in Lana's eyes. I think Jude realizes that she shouldn't put her in the asylum because all it'd do is create disaster for herself and others who were good there, but be able to stop the evil.

Did note however that Sister Mary was NOT in any of the final shots.
    football_chick likes this.

In truth, I expected more than what we were given(still so many unanswered questions), but it was a great season overall.

The only one that was unanswered for me was that final shot (well and Lana's final story). The other stories that were told in the season finale were well done I thought.

I look forward to watching the finale this weekend. I know much of what will happen, but still look forward to seeing it. I intend to watch the entire season from epi 1. I think that will pull it together for me.

Loved this season and thought they wrapped it up well. I can't wait to see what Season 3 brings as it seems to only get better and better....
    wannasee likes this.

So, since the final scene showed Lana not being admitted, does that mean none of this really happened? Did she create all of this just to write a bestselling book and become famous? I guess that really can't be since there really was a son.

+ Reply to Thread