+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American Horror Story (FX)

Re: American Horror Story (FX)

I just do not get why more people do not watch and post about this show. IT IS AMAAAAAZING!!!

**Warning, season finale spoilers ahead. The finale has aired, so I do not feel the need to put this in spoiler tags. **

That was the most satisfying season finale I have seen in a long time. It had some surprises, tied up some lose ends, carried the story along in a definite direction, answered a lot of questions while still leaving you with the feeling that there is more to learn, AND left even more questions that we want to get answers to for next season!!

My random thoughts...
    • So Ben's death wasn't really a surprise, but I was surprised that it happened so early. I also didn't fully expect Hayden to be the cause.
    • at them chasing that family out of the house!
    • Tate said he killed fifteen students at the school, which was definitely more than I thought! It seemed like around six confronted him in the Halloween episode and I assumed that was all of them.
    • It was kinda sweet that the Harmons were all together and happy. It was quite touching when Vivian asked Moira to be the godmother. However, it does look like the darkness was lurking not too far away.
    • There really didn't seem to be any question whatsoever in this episode that the baby that died was Ben's. Everyone seems to be in complete agreement as to which baby belongs to which father.
    • Tate admitted to Ben that he raped Vivian. Did Ben make the connection then that he was the father of the other baby and Constance took the baby because she knows it is her grandchild? He certainly didn't acknowledge it.
    • It appears that Constance's grandson slowed to a typical growth rate after he was born. I was wondering if three years later we would seeing him looking like a six or seven year old! I wonder what "greatness" Constance thinks he's destined for after he killed the babysitter!? Like Constance needs yet another death associated with her!
    • It would be interesting to see the medium's reaction to the boy.

I'm already looking forward to next season!

Not reading posts because I'm watching it right now. Where did Vivian's body go? Did I blink and miss that scene?
    Yup, with donuts!!

CRTW....ditto What an excellent season finale. I agree with every one of your comments: I wasn't shocked that Ben died, it was either that or the loony bin, but I was shocked it happened so early. I also really loved that the Harmons ended up happier (so far anyway) in death than they were in life. The scene with Moira was really sweet, she is fast becoming a favorite of mine My son said that the scene where the Harmons were all standing on the porch after scaring off the family would have made a perfect series finale...I wonder if they didn't do that just in case (perish the thought ) it didn't get picked up for another season? They may have had the idea of how they were going to continue if they were picked up and that was how we got everything after the porch scene. The length....1 hour 10 minutes....was strange. Not that I'm complaining by a long shot! I'm really looking forward to seeing how the battle of good vs. evil within the house plays out, as well as what happens with little "Demon Spawn Damien" that Constance is raising (I was kinda expecting he might be a bit older too!). I want to find out more about Constance and that realtor as well! There must be some weird connection they both have with the house. Why is it always her that tries to sell the house? Why does she keep feeding it? Surely she's figured things out by now! And finally, what's up with Tate? Can he possibly be redeemed, or is he completely pure evil? If he truly loves Violet, can he be saved? Though clearly it won't be by selflessly killing her a nice "normal" boy she can spend eternity with And in the end, was he being honest with Ben? Does he really want salvation, or is it all a ploy to make inroads with Violet?

Good good stuff!! Hurry up season 2! Oh, and please don't pull a Glee where the glory of season one is never matched. I really hope to never see a "very special episode" of American Horror Story!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Not reading posts because I'm watching it right now. Where did Vivian's body go? Did I blink and miss that scene?
    They didn't show it during the episode. I think Ben must have called the police and explained that she died during childbirth because there was some mention very early in the episode about the funeral.

I was thinking about this later on and realized that the whole part with Vivian and Ben trying to scare the new owners out of the house reminded me a lot of Beetlejuice.

It was very Beetlejuice I really liked the dark humor of this episode. I just hope season two continues in the same house. I want to see more of the Murder House story and its inhabitants. I read an interview on some site...maybe EW?....after my last post. It was with Ryan Murphy, and he was talking about the season finale. He just sounded so....final Like the story of Murder House and the Harmons, et al, was over. I really hope that's not the case. I know there's speculation that season 2 will be a whole new house and family, with new ghosts. But I'm not done with this one yet!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Yeesh! Apparently hours make a difference when it comes to checking up on this show! Well, so much for getting attached to the Harmons and Murder House. Ah well, at least they got their happy ending....

'American Horror Story': second season scoops | Inside TV | EW.com

I guess I'll just have to get used to a whole new family, house, set of ghosts and things that go bump in the night. At least this format gives the series a chance of staying fresh. Fingers crossed!

ETA: Murphy has said there's a clue in the last three episodes as to what the theme of season 2 will be? Any guesses? Other things I've read say it won't necessarily be a "haunted house" story at all. Interesting. We've had anthology series before, but not one I can recall where each story was a full season long.
    Last edited by Katydyd; 12-23-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    Desiderata

American Horror Story: Asylum premieres Wednesday, October 17 at 10pm on FX.
    I can't wait!!!

I am going in skeptical since I read that aliens are involved in the story, and I hope they aren't going too far...
    I am looking forward to seeing Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto in new roles!
    American Horror Story: Asylum teases series characters

ugh, i'm not too excited abt aliens either. i love this show tho, so i'll give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    American Horror Story: Asylum premieres Wednesday, October 17 at 10pm on FX.
    I can't wait!!!

I am going in skeptical since I read that aliens are involved in the story, and I hope they aren't going too far...
    I am looking forward to seeing Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto in new roles!
    American Horror Story: Asylum teases series characters

I'm really looking forward to this show coming back and I really like the idea of it changing stories each season.
    Loved the creepiness last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this show coming back and I really like the idea of it changing stories each season.
    Loved the creepiness last season.

Saw some previews last night while watching 'SONS OF ANARCHY'!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread