+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Yes, some teens are that mature. Some have a very well developed moral compass... even at that age. I'm not saying they all do, but some of my daughter's friends... well... you can just tell they have it together and have a strong sense of right vs. wrong and "the right thing to do". I like Finn and Dana. Just because they've nabbed Brody, I'm not sure it will mean anything in the short term since I don't know how many people outside of the inner circle of "the operation" will even know right away. I'm interested in which way this goes - can Brody talk his way out of it? As much as I've disliked him, he's done some rather nice verbal quick stepping when he's had to.

Well thats good to know that some teens are being raised with good values!

I too like Dana and Finn together. But.... I don't know if the VP will let his son hang around the daughter of a terrorist. Its allllllllll about image these days.

Brody does have a talent of talking his way out of trouble... but how to do it with such a tape as evidence?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

If it comes out that Brody is a terrorist AND the veep is not in on the plan (whatever it is) then yeah Finn and Dana will "officially" be history. That's officially in finger quotes. You know teens. As soon as you forbid them to see someone or do something, well, hellyeah they sneak to do it. Not that I was ever that way mind you

One scenario I keep toying with is Brody becomes a double agent or in some way is working for the government in that kind of tangential capacity. If not everyone is let in on the "OMG THAT BRODY GUY IS A FRICKEN TERRORIST" then maybe the veep won't be in that inner circle and it won't come out (for a loooooooooong while) so until then perhaps Dana and Finn have a chance?

Also, I still maintain we've never ever ever never actually SEEN the whole tape! In our ignorance, we are extrapolating out from what we have seen into what our minds lead us to believe the rest of the tape says. I think it's pretty damning and straight forward otherwise Saul/Carrie/David would not have reacted and moved forward as they have. I just wanna seeeeeeeee it myself LOL!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

But isn't the tape the one Brody made to be played after he blew himself up last season? Plus, I would hope that Saul and Estes watched all of it.

Once again, I have a potential spoiler. Is anyone interested? I don't want to post them, even in spoilers, if others don't care for them. Please chime in.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.

If it comes out that Brody is a terrorist AND the veep is not in on the plan (whatever it is) then yeah Finn and Dana will "officially" be history. That's officially in finger quotes. You know teens. As soon as you forbid them to see someone or do something, well, hellyeah they sneak to do it. Not that I was ever that way mind you

One scenario I keep toying with is Brody becomes a double agent or in some way is working for the government in that kind of tangential capacity. If not everyone is let in on the "OMG THAT BRODY GUY IS A FRICKEN TERRORIST" then maybe the veep won't be in that inner circle and it won't come out (for a loooooooooong while) so until then perhaps Dana and Finn have a chance?

Also, I still maintain we've never ever ever never actually SEEN the whole tape! In our ignorance, we are extrapolating out from what we have seen into what our minds lead us to believe the rest of the tape says. I think it's pretty damning and straight forward otherwise Saul/Carrie/David would not have reacted and moved forward as they have. I just wanna seeeeeeeee it myself LOL!!

This might sound really stupid... but I'm going to ask anyway... (since I didn't watch the first season fully)...

When Brody was making his tape... did the viewers NOT see the entire thing?

AND... didn't Carrie and Saul watch the tape? ENTIRELY?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    But isn't the tape the one Brody made to be played after he blew himself up last season? Plus, I would hope that Saul and Estes watched all of it.

Once again, I have a potential spoiler. Is anyone interested? I don't want to post them, even in spoilers, if others don't care for them. Please chime in.

OoOoOoOoOoOoO I'm always sooooooooooooooo tempted by temptation...

*leaves thread*

*peeks*

*LEAVING THREAD*

*looks back*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    This might sound really stupid... but I'm going to ask anyway... (since I didn't watch the first season fully)...

When Brody was making his tape... did the viewers NOT see the entire thing?

AND... didn't Carrie and Saul watch the tape? ENTIRELY?
    No, in S1 we didn't see EVERYTHING... just the beginning of his taping and it seemed quite obvious it was a confessional to explain it all AFTER he was dead and the deed had been carried out. I have to believe Carrie/Saul/David did watch the whole thing. It would be ludicrous for Saul, being the very first, not to have. Though if he is the mole (oh not, not my Saul!!!) is it not possible he edited it? Eh, rather implausible (just like how I feel about him being the mole).

The only thing better than the show is being able to discuss it with others who are just as into it.

Ok Debb70 yes, use spoiler tags and spill!!! LOL

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

No, in S1 we didn't see EVERYTHING... just the beginning of his taping and it seemed quite obvious it was a confessional to explain it all AFTER he was dead and the deed had been carried out. I have to believe Carrie/Saul/David did watch the whole thing. It would be ludicrous for Saul, being the very first, not to have. Though if he is the mole (oh not, not my Saul!!!) is it not possible he edited it? Eh, rather implausible (just like how I feel about him being the mole).

The only thing better than the show is being able to discuss it with others who are just as into it.

Ok Debb70 yes, use spoiler tags and spill!!! LOL

As I was reading your post... the ONLY thought going through my head is/was.... did Saul edit the tape????? OMG.... I am getting scared. I can't believe I'm going to say this... but I think OUR beloved Saul is the mole.

I couldn't agree more with you Marlena_M about the show and of having wonderfully curious fans to discuss the show with.

Well, it's nothing mind blowing, but here goes.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Carrie and Brodie have a long conversation together, ALONE. It reveals much in plot development, (whatever that means). Dana and the Vice-president's son have something bad happen. I don't know what it is. I hope he doesn't attack her. There is a car accident. I have heard it's Dana and that guy, but also that it is the CIA and Brodie is involved.
    Once again, I'm not certain. These may or may not be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Well, it's nothing mind blowing, but here goes.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Carrie and Brodie have a long conversation together, ALONE. It reveals much in plot development, (whatever that means). Dana and the Vice-president's son have something bad happen. I don't know what it is. I hope he doesn't attack her. There is a car accident. I have heard it's Dana and that guy, but also that it is the CIA and Brodie is involved.
    Once again, I'm not certain. These may or may not be accurate.
    Delicious! Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    As I was reading your post... the ONLY thought going through my head is/was.... did Saul edit the tape????? OMG.... I am getting scared. I can't believe I'm going to say this... but I think OUR beloved Saul is the mole.

I couldn't agree more with you Marlena_M about the show and of having wonderfully curious fans to discuss the show with.
    Nonononono. OUR Saul is NOT the/a mole. Nonononono :thumbdown:

+ Reply to Thread