+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wonder why with all their experts in that surveillence room, they didn't have someone who could lip read and tell what Brody and those people he contacted had to say.

Ref. Estes. I wonder why when Saul revealed the tape of Brody, he didn't say, Hey, a few days ago, Brody was in my office and I had to leave and he was there unattended and even though my safe was locked, ..........but he didn't. Hmmmmm.....If he had said that, Saul would have asked why he was left alone and Estes would have said that reporter lady showed up and Saul would have made a mental note and then when she was seen chatting with Brody in the hall, the connection could have been made.

I was VERY surprised that he was left alone in his office too.... regardless of Brody's position...
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    There HAS TO BE more to it... about the house being rented... or it wouldn't have been mentioned....
    Time will tell. Recall the couple renting the house in Season one. It was near the airport. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Time will tell. Recall the couple renting the house in Season one. It was near the airport. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I thought of that as well... but why would Saul rent out HIS house? I don't know... his behavior is quite odd sometimes. Why do I keep thinking back on Saul's office. (In the first season). It was messed up... and he fixed it. Now.. he could be a neat freak? But..I think there was more to that.

You know Debb... you can't read too much into anything in this show. Its just that good! I have watched the last episode 4 times and I'm still shocked over the ending....

"If only the circumstances had been wildly different..."

I forgot to mention in one of my above comments.... I really thought the camera angel was great when Dana and Finn were in the Washington Monument... as they looked out the window... seeing their reflection through the glass. I just thought it was great camera work.

Ok... I'm easily impressed...
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    There HAS TO BE more to it... about the house being rented... or it wouldn't have been mentioned....
    Yep, just as there are no throw away scenes, I believe Homeland writers add in no throw away lines

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk
    I'm here likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I remember scenes in Saul's office where they showed his rug... not just once but twice!!! It was in season 1. The first time he was shown straightening it and the second he was lying down on it talking on the phone. Why??? I'm waiting for it to come back into play!!! LOL.

Yeah the camera work WAS great "inside the Washington Monument". I liked that scene in general but the window reflection was cool

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I remember scenes in Saul's office where they showed his rug... not just once but twice!!! It was in season 1. The first time he was shown straightening it and the second he was lying down on it talking on the phone. Why??? I'm waiting for it to come back into play!!! LOL.

Yeah the camera work WAS great "inside the Washington Monument". I liked that scene in general but the window reflection was cool

Ahhhh... thats another time... when Saul was laying on the rug. I forgot about that one. The writers of Homeland DEFINITELY throw out the bait and keep us waiting.

I really liked the scene inside the Washington Monument as well. I like the "connection" between Dana and Finn. Because they are both experiencing the same thing. Though... it will be interesting now that Brody got arrested to see IF Dana and Finn will keep up their friendship???

Since Brody didn't end up using the bomb that was strapped on... how will that come into play? What will be believed? What will Brody say? As the tape didn't show him wearing the bomb?

I had the same thought about how cool the reflection of Dana was in the window.

And I a thought occurred to me when the vice-president's son was about to kiss her and she said, no, I have a boyfriend. It would be the right thing to break it off with him, BEFORE we go into kissing. OMG. What a mature and thoughtful thing for a teen to say. As an adult, I have not used such good judgment. Do teens really think that way?

Ref. Saul. I read something that MAY be a spoiler. I don't know if it's true, but, don't read unless you don't mind a spoiler, because it could be true.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read that Estes turns on Saul and that Saul is threatened. Not sure of the details, but it is brought up that Saul failed some of the questions on the POLYGRAPH exam he took last season. Remember how the examiner gave him a break and commented that Saul has a history of screwing up on the polygraph

I had the same thought about how cool the reflection of Dana was in the window.

And I a thought occurred to me when the vice-president's son was about to kiss her and she said, no, I have a boyfriend. It would be the right thing to break it off with him, BEFORE we go into kissing. OMG. What a mature and thoughtful thing for a teen to say. As an adult, I have not used such good judgment. Do teens really think that way?

Ref. Saul. I read something that MAY be a spoiler. I don't know if it's true, but, don't read unless you don't mind a spoiler, because it could be true.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read that Estes turns on Saul and that Saul is threatened. Not sure of the details, but it is brought up that Saul failed some of the questions on the POLYGRAPH exam he took last season. Remember how the examiner gave him a break and commented that Saul has a history of screwing up on the polygraph
    Finn did indeed kiss Dana AFTER Dana told him she liked him.... and then he said he wanted to be her boyfriend. It was cute! But... I'm with you... that was mighty mature of Dana to not want to take it further until she breaks things off with her boyfriend. BUT since Brody was caught.. I don't think Dana and Finn will be aloud to be together anymore.

JUST ANOTHER THING that I forgot that will show up at a later time..... I wonder how Carrie will handle that?

Yes, some teens are that mature. Some have a very well developed moral compass... even at that age. I'm not saying they all do, but some of my daughter's friends... well... you can just tell they have it together and have a strong sense of right vs. wrong and "the right thing to do". I like Finn and Dana. Just because they've nabbed Brody, I'm not sure it will mean anything in the short term since I don't know how many people outside of the inner circle of "the operation" will even know right away. I'm interested in which way this goes - can Brody talk his way out of it? As much as I've disliked him, he's done some rather nice verbal quick stepping when he's had to.
    I'm here likes this.

+ Reply to Thread