+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Let me nit pick. When Dana walked in on her parents getting ready to do it, why didn't she bolt or run and wash her eyes out. Most people get creeped out with the thought of sex and their parents. She seemed curious. Odd IMO.

Maybe she didn't notice Brody standing "at attention". LOL! This is one of my favorite shows on TV. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season goes.
    I'm here likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Let me nit pick. When Dana walked in on her parents getting ready to do it, why didn't she bolt or run and wash her eyes out. Most people get creeped out with the thought of sex and their parents. She seemed curious. Odd IMO.
    I thought that was odd as well. My oldest boy walked in on my ex-husband and I having sex years ago and you would have thought the sight instantly blinded him it was so horrible. He even thought he would need therapy. He did at least never again go in our room without knocking and we never again forgot to lock the bedroom door when we took our "naps".

I thought this was a good episode. The scene when carrie walked back into his hotel room was really intense and I think he would have really tried to kill her. I also thought they would draw it out a bit longer before he was arrested, but I am anxious to see how next week will turn out.
    I'm here likes this.

Great show last night. I admit I was a little torn with Carrie's behavior again. Did she blow it, by ignoring what Saul and the lead guy told her or was she right? Did Brody pick up and know that he had been made or was it her imagination? She ignored direct orders to walk away and instead caused them to take him into custody. It's difficult to say who was right on this. I took it that when Carrie told Brody that they were close to getting Nazheer, that he grew concerned and wanted to immediately get out of there, so he could go to his room and figure out a way to warn Nazheer. He didn't know Carrie had the goods on him. That was my take on it.

So will they take him into some hiding area the way they did they other guy last season? Remember they never figured out who gave that guy a razor to kill himself with. I always suspected Saul or Brody of slipping the razor in. I'm not sure now.

The new lead guy is pretty cute. I like his smart ass personality. I see a future love interest for Carrie with him.

Hey, did you notice that Saul said he had rented out his house when he went abroad recently? That stood out for some reason. I like Saul, but he always says things that make me mistrust him.

So, what will Brody's wife think happened to him with his disappearance? What will the vice-president think?
    I'm here likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I think walking in on your parents doing it would be quick shocking... but with Brody/Jessica they hadn't gotten that far yet. Any "curiosity" from Dana, I interpreted as "are these fools actually getting ready to do what it looks like they're getting ready to do". That's how I interpreted it... that's my story... I'm stickin to it cuz it helps me sleep at night LOL!

Carrie? Going against what a superior directly told her to do? C'mon... that's normal for Carrie. She does it so often it doesn't seem to much faze the rest of them. Remember when they were in the middle east in the season premier when she put all of them at risk by NOT getting back in the car and INSTEAD going into that apartment. She not only risked her life but the lives of everyone else in that car. She was completely reckless and someone had to go in and save her but her instincts were dead on and without her actions they would not gave obtained the disk with Brody's "confession". Are Carrie Mathison's ends worth her means? That's completely debatable and we could argue both sides every day until the series eventually ends and never have a real "answer".

As for them never figuring out who slipped the guy the razor blade... they never figured it out YET. It will come back. There are no "throw away" scenes in this show. We'll find out in due time.

The show creators have often said that things on this show happen sooner than we expect them to and the "fun" is in figuring out "OMG how are they gonna move on from this. I think that was really showcased in the early episodes of the series where we knew Brody had turned... or did we?? And again last night... they took down Brody already and we're left thinking "OMG how are they gonna move on from this??" LOL!!!

The longer we go, I don't suspect Saul is the mole. I suspect David. Maybe it's because I don't want it to be Saul... who knows. I just suspect David is the mole and the fact that he insisted on this new guy Quinn not only being involved but leading the operation makes me even more suspicious.

I'm curious why Saul rented out his house. I'm sure there's a story there
    I'm here likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Great show last night. I admit I was a little torn with Carrie's behavior again. Did she blow it, by ignoring what Saul and the lead guy told her or was she right? Did Brody pick up and know that he had been made or was it her imagination? She ignored direct orders to walk away and instead caused them to take him into custody. It's difficult to say who was right on this. I took it that when Carrie told Brody that they were close to getting Nazheer, that he grew concerned and wanted to immediately get out of there, so he could go to his room and figure out a way to warn Nazheer. He didn't know Carrie had the goods on him. That was my take on it.

So will they take him into some hiding area the way they did they other guy last season? Remember they never figured out who gave that guy a razor to kill himself with. I always suspected Saul or Brody of slipping the razor in. I'm not sure now.

The new lead guy is pretty cute. I like his smart ass personality. I see a future love interest for Carrie with him.

Hey, did you notice that Saul said he had rented out his house when he went abroad recently? That stood out for some reason. I like Saul, but he always says things that make me mistrust him.

So, what will Brody's wife think happened to him with his disappearance? What will the vice-president think?
    They will have to have a pretty good explanation. You can't just have a US congressman just disappear. I hope Carrie's gamble payed off. It seemed they had no chance to find anything out, and maybe they could have followed him more to see who his contacts are. I worry about Saul as well. He is one common denominator in all the leaks and incidences such as the guy getting the razor blade, which makes me wonder about him being the mole. I hope it is not him since I like him. I was also really glad to see Virgil back.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 10-22-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I didn't really take that as any more than after his wife left him last season, he really didn't need the big house especially while he was overseas. However, this show does NOTHING but surprise me, so there may be more than that.

Mike, Drunken Marine, and Jessica all have suspicions. I'm curious how that's going to play out and come together.

I wonder why with all their experts in that surveillence room, they didn't have someone who could lip read and tell what Brody and those people he contacted had to say.

Ref. Estes. I wonder why when Saul revealed the tape of Brody, he didn't say, Hey, a few days ago, Brody was in my office and I had to leave and he was there unattended and even though my safe was locked, ..........but he didn't. Hmmmmm.....If he had said that, Saul would have asked why he was left alone and Estes would have said that reporter lady showed up and Saul would have made a mental note and then when she was seen chatting with Brody in the hall, the connection could have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I think walking in on your parents doing it would be quick shocking... but with Brody/Jessica they hadn't gotten that far yet. Any "curiosity" from Dana, I interpreted as "are these fools actually getting ready to do what it looks like they're getting ready to do". That's how I interpreted it... that's my story... I'm stickin to it cuz it helps me sleep at night LOL!

Carrie? Going against what a superior directly told her to do? C'mon... that's normal for Carrie. She does it so often it doesn't seem to much faze the rest of them. Remember when they were in the middle east in the season premier when she put all of them at risk by NOT getting back in the car and INSTEAD going into that apartment. She not only risked her life but the lives of everyone else in that car. She was completely reckless and someone had to go in and save her but her instincts were dead on and without her actions they would not gave obtained the disk with Brody's "confession". Are Carrie Mathison's ends worth her means? That's completely debatable and we could argue both sides every day until the series eventually ends and never have a real "answer".

As for them never figuring out who slipped the guy the razor blade... they never figured it out YET. It will come back. There are no "throw away" scenes in this show. We'll find out in due time.

The show creators have often said that things on this show happen sooner than we expect them to and the "fun" is in figuring out "OMG how are they gonna move on from this. I think that was really showcased in the early episodes of the series where we knew Brody had turned... or did we?? And again last night... they took down Brody already and we're left thinking "OMG how are they gonna move on from this??" LOL!!!

The longer we go, I don't suspect Saul is the mole. I suspect David. Maybe it's because I don't want it to be Saul... who knows. I just suspect David is the mole and the fact that he insisted on this new guy Quinn not only being involved but leading the operation makes me even more suspicious.

OMG! You are IN my head. All that you have written is what I was going to write about. Of course I would have followed most of my comments with "............" as I often do. *wink* Since the first episode... I thought Saul was the mole.... and actually still do, but like you... don't want to believe it. AND I too think David is the mole.... and I think that is why he has such issues with Carrie. Of course the NOT following the rules might bother him too. Carrie is DEFINITELY a lose cannon. One never knows if she is helpful or a liability.

Is it just me OR did Brody look shocked to hear Carrie say she loved him? I think he will play on that... for sure!

Soooooo without repeating everything you've mentioned... I will just say. I can't wait for the next episode. Becuase I can't imagine where the writers will take us.

PS... I like Dana... and her "free sorta spirit attitude". But... she seems to walk in on A LOT of things. When Brody was praying.... when Brody was buring his Quran.. and now sex. FOR ME... IF I walked in on my parents having sex I would just die OR go blind... right there on the spot. I am in such denial of my parent having sex... that I am convinced I was adopted. *shivers* just can't think about it.... *covers eyes* *starts mumbling* *goes to her happy place*

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I didn't really take that as any more than after his wife left him last season, he really didn't need the big house especially while he was overseas. However, this show does NOTHING but surprise me, so there may be more than that.

Mike, Drunken Marine, and Jessica all have suspicions. I'm curious how that's going to play out and come together.

There HAS TO BE more to it... about the house being rented... or it wouldn't have been mentioned....

+ Reply to Thread