+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

You're right! No mention of the son. Did he enter the attic one day to never return and never be mentioned again? I have heard that happened to one of the young boys on All My Children years ago.
    Starbucks880 likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Still no mention of the son, but Carrie is vindicated and Saul lives another day! Gotta get some sleep, but that was a hell of an episode. No sophomore slump here, at least thusfar.

I'm a little confused. Did Carrie dress up to go out on the town and then decide to take the overdose or did she dress up in her sparkly clothes to kill herself? I didn't get that. She still really scares me. It's a shame her illness is so severe.

Brody is so bizarre. Wouldn't you think with his training, he would know how to silence the guy without having to kill him. lol

I can't recall his name, but the guy that took Brodie's wife home is definitely going to get in contact with Carrie. HE knows something is not right.

So, can we now rule out Saul as the mole?
    Marlena_M and Starbucks880 like this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Debb70, I don't think she dressed up in her sparkly clothes to kill herself. The way I saw it she got herself all dolled up to go out and "do her thang"... and then... and then as she was heading out the door she looked in the mirror to (once again) apply lipstick and she took a good look at herself and realized how destructive that "going out to do her thang" behavior is and decided against it. Being so terribly depressed about everything that has happened to her, she then drinks about 1/2 a bottle of wine, swallows the handful of pills and lays down to (presumably) die. Realizing what a mistake THAT was she then runs to the bathroom and forces herself to vomit up the pills and booze.

I do think her illness is pretty bad... but... I think the brain-game Brody played on her has made it eleventy-bazillion times worse!!! If it wasn't for her personal involvement with Brody and seemingly being so wrong about everything she felt/thought/believed about him, I don't think she'd be even 1/2 as messed up as she is. Her decision to have ECT was directly related to the crap that was going on with Brody.

Speaking of Brody... did he not totally 100% panic and kill the guy last night? I mean, yeah, Brody's under tremendous (self-imposed) pressure but he couldn't figure out another way so Jessica wouldn't hear him? For as stealthy, sneaky and seemingly smart as he is, Brody sure makes some dumb-azz moves! LOL!

Mike is the name of Brody's "friend" who took Jessica home. Recall Jessica and Mike were having an affair before Brody came home. Mike definitely sees/feels something is wrong. I think Mike and Dana (Brody & Jessica's daughter) are going to be very pivotal in outing Brody.

I'm so glad Saul is still around. I love him!!!! And more than that, I love his relationship with Carrie

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Marlena, that's about my read too on the dress-up/pill-taking/second thought actions of Carrie. It rang true to life, in my albeit limited experience. You explained it beautifully.

I'm not watching this show as some sort of true-to-life spy drama, but why did Brody feel the need to chase down the bomb-maker into the woods? Or even answer his cell? If he were at a union meeting in his district (as he posited to Jessica), it'd be more believable that he silenced his phone for the meeting. And letting the bomb-maker get away, well, he did his best but it's not like the CIA had the guy, he was running in the woods.

There is SO much on Sunday nights, and even though I love Homeland, I'm thinking about letting it collect on the DVR. I questioned less and enjoyed it more when I ran through the whole first season in a day and a half.

At least I'm now 99.9999% sure Saul isn't the CIA mole. He wouldn't have shown the video to Carrie if he were.
    Marlena_M likes this.

Thanks, PhoneGrrrl.

I think Brody very well could've let the bomb-maker guy go. I didn't see that he posed any more of a threat than a whole host of others still walking around. And yeah, he really had no business answering his phone. Although I say that as one who lets 90% of my incoming calls go to vmail LOL

I definitely enjoyed the show more when I did the whole first season back to back to back in a couple/three marathon sessions. It's SO HARD for me to wait a whole week for a new episodes and I find myself rewatching the Sunday episode several times in the same week. Not that I don't have a crapton of other shows on the DVR to watch... I just need my "Homeland-fix" multiple times a week now. I feel the same way about Breaking Bad and Boss and Sons of Anarchy.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I agree about Brody and that phone call. Just goes to show you how desperate some people are to get their phone calls!lol Seriously, it would have made better sense for him to have said, honey, a motorist stopped to help me and he's having a hard time with it. Bye. Then deal with the tailor.

A few around here are saying that the excuse Brody was given to deliever the tailor was a ruse. That Azheer knows that the CIA found that video of Brody and that he is now a liablity. They say if Brody had made it to the safehouse, he and the tailor would have been killed by their own people. I'm not sure about that.

Did you see the way Carrie downed that liquor? I have seen only a few people in my life down liquor that fast. This makes me very concerned that Carrie is an alcoholic. Recall when she and Brody went out drinking last season? The girl really has some demons. I do think she needs to keep going to some meetings.

I kind of think the thing with the Tailor was a ruse as well. It would be a perfect way to get rid of Brody since his usefullness will be limited now that the CIA has the tape. Abu Nazir knows how to manipulate him into doing things. I honestly think as soon as the tailor gave Brody a hard time he should have said, "You either go with me or have fun in Gitmo." and then walked away. That Mike knows something is up and it will be interesting to see where that goes. I think Dana will figure out a lot. She is a lot smarter than she looks and a whole lot smarter than her brother and her mother. I don't think his son adds much to the show, so I don't mind not seeing him. Maybe he is where Celia Soilis and the scavo kids all disappeared to from desperate housewives. I really love Claire Danes performance as Carrie and I love Saul. I hope the actor doesn't quit the show like he does about every show he is on.

I'm not (yet?) on team Nazir-wants-to-do-away-with-Brody. I guess I'm just figuring if Nazir wanted him dead... Brody would be dead. Instead, it seems Nazir (thru Roya) is still getting Brody to do (some of?) his bidding.

I think this upcoming episode will be really good now that Carrie knows she was right... and Saul knows it too. If there's any reunion to happen between Carrie and Brody, her motivations will be really dirty (as in she's not coming from a place that's clean of heart... she's doing it solely as a ruse to truly take him down).

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I'm not (yet?) on team Nazir-wants-to-do-away-with-Brody. I guess I'm just figuring if Nazir wanted him dead... Brody would be dead. Instead, it seems Nazir (thru Roya) is still getting Brody to do (some of?) his bidding.

I think this upcoming episode will be really good now that Carrie knows she was right... and Saul knows it too. If there's any reunion to happen between Carrie and Brody, her motivations will be really dirty (as in she's not coming from a place that's clean of heart... she's doing it solely as a ruse to truly take him down).
    I am mixed on that. All I am thinking is that Nazir has a leak inside the CIA and he will have to know that they have something on Brody and he does have a habit of taking down those who are liabilities. If he doesn't know, then maybe when Carrie is reinstated, then it is a mission that is only Estes, Saul, and her that have knowledge of. If that is true, I can see Nazir through Roya wanting Brody to figure out what Carrie knows and then both of them playing like they have buried the hatchet and rekindling things when they are both in reality like two predators circling each other. That could get interesting to watch. Hopefully Brody doesn't do anything else stupid. I am beginning to think Dexter is rubbing off on him. I can't deal with two beloved characters acting like idiots and making bad choices and yet somehow getting away with them.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 10-17-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread