+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

I bought the dvd on sale at Target and I was hooked! I watched it all in 2 days. I probably could have made it in one if I didn't have a family that wanted me to pay attention to them. I chalk Carrie's behavior in the premiere to her being off her game and still fragile and some of the effects of the electroshock therapy. I have a bad feeling about Saul. I didn't want to believe it when I first suspected him last season, but I still wonder about him. How naive of Brody to think Nazir would be fine with him killing Tom Walker and let him off the hook for everything else. I think the daughter suspected he had turned and that Carrie was right about everything no matter how crazy she sounded. The girl is not as dumb as she acts. The guy who interupted Brody's meeting with Estes was not some who was close enough to the guy last season to give him the razor blade to kill himself. At least I don't think so. I have a tradition of getting Showtime for Dexter, but this year I looked foreward to this more than Dexter.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Why does Brodie's wife call him by his last name and not his first? Just curious.
    I think they made mention of it in the first season. I think they dated when they were young... and thats what everybody called him. HOWEVER, I could be totally making that up. I do that sometimes... *giggles*

I call my hubby by his last name all the time. It started when we were young and it just stuck with me. My niece shares that same name as her name (her real name). So, it does get a bit confusing when we are all together. When I call either of them... they both respond.
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    No doubt you will love this show. I never watched the show.. until I was bored... scanning all the channels... and after just one show I was completely addicted! Watched the rest on... on demand. Now, my DVR is set to tape the series!

Sooooooooo SOOOOOO GOOD!

I hope you enjoy the episodes!!!
    I have enjoyed all of the episodes! In less than a week... a busy busy busy week... I watched all of season 1 and the premiere episode of season 2. Had it not been for other things getting in the dang way, I would've watched everything in a single day - that's how into it I've been!!! I was hooked watching the pilot and it hasn't changed. LOVE this show. Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin are superb. Damian Lewis is new to me but he's good. Morena Baccarain is just too gorgeous for words.
    I'm here likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I just watched tonight's episode and WOW. I was holding my breath! The final scenes were incredible. OMG-OMG-OMG!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Great episode!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Saul finding that video was a total HOLY CRAP! moment. We the audience always knew Carrie was right about Brody, but we really saw how her being "wrong" has affected her tonight. And now she might just get her redemption with the CIA folks. I so love this show; it's got the flavor of early "24" (I know the same writers/producers) but it isn't hamstrung by the hour-by-hour format and is a bit more believable and the acting is superb.

I liked the end of the episode, but the first part where Brody has such free access to top notch, high security, info, but can text......too hard to swallow for me. I had to change it. I hope they don't let things get to crazy.
    I'm here likes this.

I found it to hard to believe too. First, I was surprised that Brody was able to sit in on the security case... and then he was able to send out a text... too far fetched!

Having said that... I still really enjoyed the show. For me.... it was a real nail-biter! Just proving how crazy Kari is... they are in the get-away car. She runs back into the house.... gathering information. All the while, the locals are rocking the truck back-n-forth. I was wondering how long they would sit in that sort of hostile conditions. If I were in that car... I would have left immediately.

The ending was the best part... finding the footage of Brody. I can't wait for next week.
    Debb70 likes this.

What a wonderful episode. Totally unrealistic about the scene with Brody texting or even being in that meeting. I was on the edge of my seat when Carrie ran in and wondering if she would get out and escape the mob of guys. I Can't wait for next week when Saul gives the memory card to David Estes. It almost sounds like at least initially Carrie expects to be back in since she was right and David Estes won't let her. I am sure she gets back in somehow. What a way to screw with Brody's mind to see her in the halls of the CIA again. I still wonder who the mole is and still wonder about Saul, but I really hope it isn't him. This kind of goes back to last season, but why do we never see the actual president? Is would the vice president really that involved in real life and still without the president? And why does the president get a pass about the murder of all those dead school children?
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 10-08-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

ITA the text message was completely impossible, more impossible than Brody being pulled into that meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    Is would the vice president really that involved in real life and still without the president?
    I have to laugh about the VP being so involved after watching a season of "Veep". I'd suppose in real life, it would be a matter of the president's preference. I could totally see Dick Cheney being involved in DOD stuff, while some others, not so much.

It must have been the night of forgetting to write about the sons for Showtime. Harrison wasn't mentioned for half the episode and Brody's son is nowhere to be found. Did he too not have to be picked up after school?

+ Reply to Thread