+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'm just happy that when they come back Saul won't have that god-awful beard! He has said that shaving it off was liberating and he does look much younger.
    Why do you think Saul won't have the beard? I would assume Mandy Patinkin shaves it off once taping is over for the season... and then starts growing it back X weeks before filming starts.
    Punkin likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

But Mandy seemed so happy to have it gone. Maybe he can have them glue on a fake one for continuity. :>)

New season premiered tonight. Homeland is back
    Critical and Imperfect1 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I won't be watching this season, but look forward to reading about it here.

I was so excited to see Corey Stoll. That didn't last long, did it? Brutal.

Could they have found a baby that looked more like Damien Lewis? WOW! Carrie ineptly struggling with motherhood is going to be good tv, I think.
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree, Critical, that baby looks just like Damien Lewis! I never would've thought Corey Stoll would be gone that quickly. I was disappointed, I expected he'd stick around. Could be an interesting season.
    Punkin likes this.

Corey Stoll is becoming the next Sean Bean. If he gets beheaded in his next role, the transformation will be complete.

As much as I like Damien Lewis, I'm glad they killed Brody. They had stretched his time on the show beyond logic. IIRC, they had planned to kill him MUCH sooner, like maybe season 1, but the chemistry between Damien and Claire was so good, they kept him around.

You know, Carrie's sister is so critical of Carrie about her lack of interest in being a mother, but I don't know why she's so surprised. Carrie made is pretty clear that she didn't want to be a mother. Plus, she should know that her sister isn't the person to be raising a child. That kid would be much better off to not have little or no contact with Carrie.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Glad Damien is dead. Not just dead, but really, actually truly dead! I couldn't have done another season with that tired old story. New story looks good! "Oops! what did we just do? And, oops, it's on TV? Oops!" And what a shock to see Stoll go down like that!! Looks like a promising season. I just really don't want to see a lot of time spent on Carrie/Baby angst. I'm not crazy for crazy Carrie.
    Gravity, it's not just a good idea. It's the law!

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed how much that baby looked like "Brody"! Great casting. Looks like this season is going to be full of surprises.

The baby looking SO much like Brody - a review I read questioned whether Showtime had perfected cloning - adds another aspect to Carrie's maternal reluctance. Every time she looks at that baby, she sees Brody.

+ Reply to Thread