+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Live quietly with his family? Yeah I don't see that happening. First off, they all hate him! I'm speaking of Jessica, Dana and Chris. IMO that's his only family since by no means do I count Carrie.
    I mean that it could happen, if his family was told by Saul that Brody was not a traiter and that he did not set off the bomb at Langley. If they were reassured that he was set up to protect lives on a mission, they could reconcile and move off together to live quiet lives. Of course, they could never reveal the truth.

I can't even remember if Saul knows that Brody killed the Vice President. Eveyone thinks it was a heart attack right? I know that Carrie knows he did it, but she pretends to forget about it.

FORT Fan

The show has been enjoyable but the plot has just gotten absurd. Carrie who was in a mental ward just weeks ago getting drugged up and zapped is their helper in Iran? And Brody tells this guy, who no one else can get close to, that he's there to kill him and his response is to smile at him and thank him?
    It really has begun to make 24 seem a lot more plausible but whatever, it's been exciting at least

FORT Fan

It was a little odd that Brody even completed the mission to help the 'people' who were just trying to kill him shortly before.
    Punkin likes this.

Yeah, Carrie is so insuborinate that she had to be shot to stop her from ruining a mission, yet they allow her to be their lead agent on this huge mission in Iran. It does boggle the mind.

I'm not sure I understand what Carrie wants to happen. I know that she keeps saying that this will clear Brody's name. Well, how is it going to clear his name? For the success of the mission, Javadi will have to take over the position of Acbari (who Brody killed), without anyone knowing that it was the USA who set it up. And they can't know that Brody killed Acbari for the US in order to seat Javadi, because the Iranians won't accept Javadi, if they know he was handpicked by the CIA. So, it has to be kept secret.

So how will that work? Brody will return and there will be an official announcement that Brody is not the Langely bomber and that he is not a terrorist. NEVERMIND that he was just in Iran spouting off at the mouth about how he was the Langely bomber. (wink, wink) And he didn't kill Acbar either. (wink,wink) I dont' get what Carrie expects to happen and how this mission of going to clear his name.

I was glad to see a Yahoo! article recently that showed Mandy Patinkin has shaved off that horrid beard. He looks twenty years younger and says he's happy to have it gone. Me too!

I thought it interesting that Homeland was shut out from any Golden Globe nominations this year. None for the actors either. They got some from the SAG awards, but not Golden. Breaking Bad got nods from both.

FORT Fan

Whoever gave Homeland any awards this season must obviously not have been watching the show.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Whoever gave Homeland any awards this season must obviously not have been watching the show.
    They were still nominated by the SAG, but not the Golden Globes. I won't be rooting for them to win. I think they have everything they need to be top rated, but the writing just isn't there anymore, IMO. From what I hear their ratings are super good though.

Kiz

'Homeland' Downgrades Morena Baccarin, Morgan Saylor

Morena Baccarin (Jessica) and Morgan Saylor (Dana) will not return to the Emmy-winning drama as series regulars for the its fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

As first reported by TV Line, the two original cast members will have the option to guest star next season in the same fashion that former regular Diego Klattenhoff (Mike) did during season three as he filmed his co-starring role on NBC's The Blacklist. ...

I can't say I'm sad to see them downgraded, especially the Dana role.
    Punkin likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Hmmm.... ok.... watched the season finale and all I can think is "where the hell does the show go from here, next season?"

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread