+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    OMG, this show has really heated up! I love it.
    I like it too. Right now it's my favorite show; even more so than Dexter!!!!!!!!

OMG, the end of this episode was a JAW-DROPPER! I was blown away! I should have known to expect more twists, but I was totally caught off guard!

I concerned about what will happen next season if Brody is really a bad guy. Will we not see Damian Lewis again? I LOVE him and I don't want to lose him in season 2.

I found Carrie's statement to Saul about ending up alone for the rest of her life was really touching, as was the moment when she was watching Brody and Jessica together at the house.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next 3 episodes!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, I read an article that will answer your question about Brodie being on next season. Read if you like. It doesn't tell who was turned.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The writer said he would be back next season. Whether he's really been turned or not, isn't clear, but he will be returning.

I have so many questions about this whole thing. I'll return to post next week. I'm trying to get out of town!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Both Damien Lewis and Claire Danes got Golden Globe nominations this morning, as did the show! Just in time for the season finale!

Although I'm rooting for Game of Thrones to take Best Drama, I'd love to see either Claire or Damien win in their categories. It would be great publicity for the show, which I don't think enough people are watching.

I saw a clip of Claire on Piers Morgan tonight and she said they go back in May to start on season 2. She also let slip that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Saul
    survives the season, which makes me very happy!

I can't even imagine how they're going to finish this season. I felt just incredible frustration over the last episode with Brody narcing on Carrie and them then coming to dismantle all of her work and fire her. Of course, she'll end up being reinstated, but wow, that whole scene was intense.
    mushybrain likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I can't even imagine how they're going to finish this season. I felt just incredible frustration over the last episode with Brody narcing on Carrie and them then coming to dismantle all of her work and fire her. Of course, she'll end up being reinstated, but wow, that whole scene was intense.
    That was such a great episode. I had become somewhat bored with some of the episodes because not a whole lot was happening. But they sure made up for it in the last few weeks.

It was heartbreaking seeing them dismantling Carrie's timeline. It is pretty obvious that all her work and theories will end up saving the day, so they will have to keep her on in some capacity. I don't know how they will reconcile the whole security clearance issue, though.

So Critical, do you have any thoughts about the whole storyline involving Brody and Abu Nazeer's son. I am beginning to think it was all a set up, and the kid may not have even been Nazeer's son. I wonder if the bombing of the school was ordered by Nazeer and the "son" was killed on purpose to help turn Brody.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I'd actually considered the idea that Abu Nazir caused the bombing, but I'm not sure if I want to believe that anyone could be quite that evil. I mean, bombing a school on purpose and killing all those children? His own people? I don't know, maybe that makes me naive.

I can't imagine how they could continue the show with Carrie NOT being a CIA analyst/agent. I think her research and work will save the day and she'll be back with the CIA next season, if not in the season finale. Something tells me we're going to have a big cliffhanger with the finale, so I doubt much will be resolved, at least with the characters personally. Maybe they'll catch Tom Walker and avert disaster, but I think everything else will be left hanging.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm dying to know who the mole is that's giving tips to the terrorist as to what is going on. Who do you think the mole is?

I don't get why Carrie's timeline was anything special. Anytime you do an investigation, you piece together the facts as you know them and examine them accordingly. I'm not sure why they had not done it sooner, Oh well, Carrie is a loose cannon, so it bothers me she is in her position. Did you hear how she was shouting out top secret information in the hospital halls? Scary. Then she calls Brodie and gives him top secret information when she asked him that question on the phone. She's has no sense of confidentiality, even when she's on her meds.

Here's my prediction for the finale. Jjust speculating.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Brodie's exploding vest has been rigged to NOT go off as he expects and he will be shocked when that happens. IT's a test by his boss to see if he can really be trusted to do his assignment. OR
    Brodie's daughter runs across the video that he leaves behind and convinces him to not do it.

Debb, you don't have to use spoiler tags for speculation - only for spoilers

I think Carrie's timeline was special because she's the only one who pieced ALL of that information together in that way. Her timeline made it really obvious that the critical piece of information they were missing was from that specific time period. Maybe they had all that data, but putting it on the wall that way (in groups, rather than a straight timeline) made it really clear how little activity took place during that time.

Loose cannons make for better TV. If Carrie was calm and rational, I doubt this show would be half as interesting.

Well, we'll have to wait and see what the shock therapy does for Carrie. I hope it helps her. She is really at rock bottom with her mental state.

The finale was better than Dexter, but still had a few holes in it. I wonder why it took a misfire with the bomb for Brodie and his terriorist boss to think of him using his position to the vice president better than blowing them up. It seemed like an easy deduction to me, but they don't get it? Really?

What did you think of the finale?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I couldn't fit this show into my Sunday schedule when it aired, so I saved it for the holidays (love me some On Demand). I started last night and just finished because I watched all day (no one wants to go out in 70 degree weather on New Years Day...it's "wrong" ). Ye gads, is this an awesome show! I redeems Howard Gordon for the back three seasons of 24 at least. It all (mostly) hung together, had great twists, awesome action, and unlike 24, actually acknowledged the government agent had a mental disorder. (Bauer is crazy but no one will admit it; at least Carrie had a legit bi-polar disorder.) I never had a positive opinion of Claire Danes, having only seen her in The Hours which I hated seven ways from Sunday, but she really did the role justice. Damian Lewis was never on my radar before, but now he is. Everyone else...just spectacular, aside from Jamey Sheridan's hairstylist. (I'd gotten used to his salt & pepper--more salt than pepper--hair on L&O:CI, so the blondish locks made him look odd to me.)

How I was suffering through Dexter's mess and not watching this makes me question my premium loyalties.

+ Reply to Thread