+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

I loved this episode and everything makes sense to me. Is it a hail mary pass? Certainly. Saul wants that SOB senator not to be confirmed and he's got just what he needs to ensure that doesn't happen. The scene with Brody and Dana was so deep and so emotional and so necessary.

Guess different people interpret this show differently. I guess I don't understand why so many who claim to hate it so much continue to watch it.
    Punkin likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I continue to watch the show, because I think it has potential and it was good the first season. I guess I just can't understand when great shows take as downward turn. I still have faith it'll turn around. Plus, I have high standards for shows. Maybe Breaking Bad spoiled me. lol

Once again we see Carrie make a horrible move with taking Brody to see Dana. If Dana were to share this information, it could have a horrible impact on the operation. But, noooooo, Brody and Carrie couldn't think of that. It's what they want and that's it. I'm glad Carrie didn't tell Brody about the pregnancy. He doesn't need any distractions. Oh, why was she smoking?

Wasn't that motel where Dana was working the same little place that Carrie and Brody stayed one time?

I guess I have so many issues with the show now that I just try to touch on a few of them. Like, did Brody forget he also has a son?
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-25-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I continue to watch the show, because I think it has potential and it was good the first season. I guess I just can't understand when great shows take as downward turn. I still have faith it'll turn around. Plus, I have high standards for shows. Maybe Breaking Bad spoiled me. lol

Once again we see Carrie make a horrible move with taking Brody to see Dana. If Dana were to share this information, it could have a horrible impact on the operation. But, noooooo, Brody and Carrie couldn't think of that. It's what they want and that's it. I'm glad Carrie didn't tell Brody about the pregnancy. He doesn't need any distractions. Oh, why was she smoking?

Wasn't that motel where Dana was working the same little place that Carrie and Brody stayed one time?

I guess I have so many issues with the show now that I just try to touch on a few of them. Like, did Brody forget he also has a son?
    Brody always forgets he has a son. Maybe it was because his son was just a baby when he left for the war and he had more of a relationship with Dana? I don't know. I don't know why Carrie and Brody didn't think that 1)Him going there would do more harm to her than good and that maybe she just wouldn't want to see him. The name change should have been a clue. and 2)Dana could have called the police and had him detained. The CIA would have gotten him out, sure, but someone would have talked to the media that Brody was in town. I think Carrie was smoking because the writers wanted to drill in the point that she doesn't give a crap about the pregnancy and isn't really sure she wants a baby.

That was the same motel, I am pretty sure. For a minute, I thought Carrie was taking Brody there to have sex to get him ready for his mission before I remembered Dana working there.

I think Breaking Bad has set the bar impossibly high for shows. I am having the same issue--nothing I watch seems like it is that great any more.

FORT Fan

Well at least it looks like it will finally pick up some in the next episode.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fan

I think tonight's episode was the best of the season.
    Punkin likes this.

That Brody is the kiss of death in an office setting....lol. Didn't he kill the Vice President in a similar fashion? Carrie conveniently forgets about that. Still, he did his job. That's good.

I wonder how Brody will get out of the dead man's office. I think he does. The worst part were the previews. OMG, more DANA! lol

Carrie is too far along to terminate the pregnancy, right?

FORT Fan

I was thinking the guards might have heard a little of the commotion since they were right outside the door? I didn't see the preview for next week. Where does Brody go from here? He obviously can't tust Saul or those people anymore. If I were him, I would just try to go somewhere safe and never look back. lol

I have an idea! They give Brody cosmetic surgery so he can't be recognized and he returns to the US to live quietly with his family. Either Carrie and the baby or his original family. Yeah. Right.

His mission can't be made public. The whole point is for the new bad guy to be in charge and under America's thumb. So, it can't be made public that Brody did it, since that looks like America was behind it. Iran isn't going to accept a leader who is placed in office due to America's actions.

I know many say Brody has finally come to the end, but how will the show work without Carrie's obsession with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I think tonight's episode was the best of the season.
    I'm with you, Lonnie - excellent episode. I love how Brody does the deed and thinks "ok, I did it, now get me out" when he's totally delusional in thinking Carrie can pull of miracles. I mean! still loved it though!
    Punkin likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have an idea! They give Brody cosmetic surgery so he can't be recognized and he returns to the US to live quietly with his family. Either Carrie and the baby or his original family. Yeah. Right.

His mission can't be made public. The whole point is for the new bad guy to be in charge and under America's thumb. So, it can't be made public that Brody did it, since that looks like America was behind it. Iran isn't going to accept a leader who is placed in office due to America's actions.

I know many say Brody has finally come to the end, but how will the show work without Carrie's obsession with him?
    Live quietly with his family? Yeah I don't see that happening. First off, they all hate him! I'm speaking of Jessica, Dana and Chris. IMO that's his only family since by no means do I count Carrie.

+ Reply to Thread