+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Well this Sunday night's episode was about as exiting as watching paint dry. lol It wasn't that bad, but it did kind of make me wonder about the show again. Is no one interested anymore?

Did Quinn really accidently miss that neighbor's security camera? If the camera really got Quinn going in, then why didn't it get the real killer who went inside?

When Carrie was talking to the Iranian they turned before he boarded his plane, she asked about who was the real bomber. He said it was the man who brought them (he and Carrie) together. She then assumed he meant his attorney, but he gave a funny answer that could imply that he was not talking about that attorney, but someone else. Who brought he and Carrie together? I've been asking myself that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Well this Sunday night's episode was about as exiting as watching paint dry. lol It wasn't that bad, but it did kind of make me wonder about the show again. Is no one interested anymore?

Did Quinn really accidently miss that neighbor's security camera? If the camera really got Quinn going in, then why didn't it get the real killer who went inside?

When Carrie was talking to the Iranian they turned before he boarded his plane, she asked about who was the real bomber. He said it was the man who brought them (he and Carrie) together. She then assumed he meant his attorney, but he gave a funny answer that could imply that he was not talking about that attorney, but someone else. Who brought he and Carrie together? I've been asking myself that question.
    I've been wondering that too, why did the security camera only catch Quinn? We have cameras all around our house and they catch everything. I think it's a setup. I've never trusted Saul and now he's working with Dar, whom I trust even less. They're up to something.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I've been wondering that too, why did the security camera only catch Quinn? We have cameras all around our house and they catch everything. I think it's a setup. I've never trusted Saul and now he's working with Dar, whom I trust even less. They're up to something.
    Maybe the security footage wasn't from a camera capturing video. Perhaps it captured a still image every X seconds.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Maybe the security footage wasn't from a camera capturing video. Perhaps it captured a still image every X seconds.
    That's a good explanation, but still it looks like the Iranian would have been standing either in the porch area or on the porch within that time frame when he arrived, but that isn't shown. But, hey, I'm easy at this point. I'll just ignore another glaring issue the have.

And that camera was aimed directly at the porch. How did Quinn miss that? I wonder if he wanted to get caught. I know that sounds crazy, but a lot about the stories don't make a lot of sense this season.

I thought Quinn's sudden announcement that he doesn't want to be part of the CIA seemed out of character.

I also thought that Carrie dumping out the meds was related to the pregnancy test, but I could have sworn that drawer was full of both positive AND negative tests. If she is pregnant, I have to guess that its Brody's. I don't think it's been that long since her hook up (although certainly possible) and it wouldn't be nearly as interesting if her hook up was the father. Maybe the hospital did know about her condition, gave her different meds, and just didn't happen to mention it in the context of the show. Wouldn't that kind of thing be subject to doctor-patient confidentiality? I'm not sure what happens to those rules when it is a psych ward and the government is involved!

The whole thing with Dana moving out is ridiculous. I thought she was still in high school. Did I miss her graduating? And that is on top of the fact that her mom didn't question her moving in with a "friend" that she had NEVER SEEN BEFORE?? She didn't even question if she was moving in with this girl's family or if this chick was already living on her own!? If she's still in high school is she going to switch schools? A name change isn't going to fool people she has been going to school with...

I liked the scene where Saul and Dar locked the congressman in the room and left him. However, I still don't think I know whose side Dar is on. Given how angry he was at Quinn when Quinn wouldn't give him the details, I was surprised at how quickly he sided with Saul when the plan was revealed.

Carrie is 13 wks pregnant, I guess Brody is the father. They now know he's innocent of the bombings, he can come home. Saul paid the people holding Brody $10 million, where'd he get that kind of money? Did Saul's wife's lover plant a bomb in her computer mouse or was he stealing information? It's starting to get good!

I wish I could share your enthusiasm. Yes, Saul's wife's lover is actually playing her to spy on Saul. Or course, there is no security system or spyware detecion in the home of the Director of the CIA. Please. THey can follow the Iranian, CIA accounant around and know what's she doing all day, but there is no one who keeps check on the security of the CIA Director's house? lol I think the same people who botched some of the Dexter belieivability archs were transfered from Dexter to this show after Dexter ended.

The best part was Quinn shooting Carrie. Honestly, she's about as short sighted as they come. She could care less about botching a huge CIA plan to get deep into the secrets of Iran, for her pet project of clearing her lover's name. She's so selfish. Did you see the way she looked annoyed and insulted when the doctor told her she had to take care of heserself because when you're pregnant it's not just about you anymore? Don't tell Carrie that. And even when she knew she could be shot by Quinn and the baby killed, she keeps walking to ruin the operation. I'm not even sure what she was planning on doing when she reached the hotel room.

This show used to be about a determined CIA agent who would do anything to capture terrorist and make this country safer, but now it's about an out of control woman who is hellbent on clearing her lover's name, even if it means she defies orders, endangers others and lets the terrorist win. This episode was better than most this season, but IMO, it wasn't because of Carrie.
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-19-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    Punkin and Starbucks880 like this.

That's an interesting take on things. However I don't find her selfish at all. Look what she put herself through to get the info for the CIA, who have all but turned their backs on her. I see her as a woman trying to prove that Brody is innocent.
    Punkin and Critical like this.

FORT Fan

I didn't think this show could get anymore ridiculous, but somehow it has.
    Debb70 likes this.

This show has really veered off the rails into crazy town. I didn't think it could get even more ridiculous. First of all was Brody's miraculous transformation from heroin addicted zombie to a marine in prime physical and mental shape in only 16 days. Then there is Saul's whole insane plan to improve the US-Iranian relations and usher in a new era of peace. Has he been taking some of Brody's smack? I can think of many ways this assassination mission can go wrong. First of all, most importantly, have the writers forgotten that they have already established that the Iranians know that Brody is not the Langly bomber? Also is Brody really the person you would trust the fate of US-Iranian relations to? It is almost as bad as sending in Carrie. Between one of those two, it would be more likely a war would be started. Also, Brody isn't exactly the most trustworthy. Also, if Javadi gets as powerful as Saul intends, why on earth would he go on following Saul's orders? I don't like Dana, but that scene with her terrorist dad and his CIA girlfriend going to visit her and make everything ok was just awful.

One other problem with this show is that the highlight of last week's episode for me was Carrie getting shot. Fans should not rejoice at the main character being shot. It was about time someone stopped her from going rogue and almost destroying an operation.

This week's episode I felt the most sorry for Damien Lewis. He did his best with the ridiculous script he was given. I don't know how he said some of his lines with a straight face.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread