Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Was Brody shown at all Sunday night?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Was Brody shown at all Sunday night?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    Well unfortunately we have more Dana this episode with that stupid escape with her psych ward boyfriend (now revealed to be an unstable person who killed his brother). I am curious about the whole twist where all this is just a sting operation Carrie and Saul cooked up to lure the Iranian terrorists in. How long has this been the plan? She seemed awfully upset about Saul selling her out, then the crazy ramblings in front of the Senate Intelligence comittee, also the crazy notebook scrawls, and picking up a random guy at the liquor store for sex. All this is classic Carrie at her most unstable and she doesn't seem like she is that good an actress. Was it cooked up after her release was first blocked in the psych ward and the lawyer for the terrorists had seen her? Did she somehow find liquor store guy again just for the benefit of the terrorist lawyer? It doesn't all make sense to me. I am cautiously a bit more interested. If they aren't careful, this could go ridiculous pretty fast.
    I agree and part of me is wondering if we aren't already on the path to ridiculousness. However, I'm going to try to remain cautiously optimistic since last night was the most interested I've been in the show all season!

I went back and watched the last two episodes of this show. I'm still not feeling it.

Even though I was told it had come together, because Saul and Carrie were in on this project and it was planned so they could entrap this dangerous group, it's still so lame.
    Carrie almost immediately dumps her meds in the toilet! OMG, do we have to go through her going off her meds again? This is torture. And we have even more drama of Dana and her rebellious teen story.

Is it just me or are we watching the same thing over and over?

I find it a bit more interesting with the exception of Dana. Not a lot of it makes logical sense, which remains to be seen whether it will drive me nuts or not as I have a tendency to over analyze things. I was annoyed at Carrie dumping her meds down the toilet. I guess next week we get to see more crazy eyes as she is being interrogated by Javadi. Saul annoyed me a bit. He was completely right in that speech, but it seems as though it would be smarter to silently plan your revenge. That seemed out of character for Saul to me. That toast was something more like what Carrie would do since she says whatever she thinks no matter what her audience is. And the whole plot to draw in Javad is a bit ridiculous. What sense does it make for a terrorist mastermind to come to America in person to meet with Carrie? And why on earth would a terrorist mastermind try to recruit an insane CIA agent with a history of erratic behavior and questionable judgement, who is for all appearances out of the loop and disgraced? If I were a terrorist, Carrie could approach me with nuclear launch codes for sale and I would turn her away.
    Debb70 likes this.

Starbucks, those are valid points. I hadn't even gotten to the point of why the terrorist wants to meet with Carrie. It is kind of lame, but I could deal with that, if she would just get back on her meds and stop being manic.

I wonder who the terrorst was watching in the yard. It looked like someone had left an infant in a seat in the front yard of that house. Who would do that?

I also thought Carrie going to tell the FBI agent to watch out for Dana was ridiculous. What pull does she think she has? He looked like he knows Carrie and could care less about what she has to say. How is she going to punish him if he doesn't abide by her request? She has a heightened sense of worth, which I guess is part of her disease. Why can't she just take her meds?

Didn't Carrie think the terrorist would come after her or did she think they would contact her through those attorneys and set up a meeting? If she didn't want them to visit her, then why not either stay at a safehouse, Saul could have arranged for. Or she could have a top notch security system. Why wouldn't CIA agents have home security systems anyway?
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-30-2013 at 03:01 PM.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I absolutely loved the past two episodes! Wow! I am so thoroughly enjoying this ride. I trust these writers have some fun twists and turns in store for us and I'm looking forward to watching how it all unfolds
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fan

So half the season is over and one appearance from Brody so far? Dana's mom lets her move away with somebody she never met before. They could have just gotten a statue to be Dana's brother this season, as they have nothing for him to do except stand in the background in every scene he's in. The show better have a much better second half compared to the first, or I don't see how it's going to survive next season.

Yeah, I'm back to watching, but I must say....I'm not all that amused.

I wouldn't mind if Dana took off and left the show, but I fear that we may have to watch her deal with her new family. I don't think I can take that.

Let me see if I have this right. Dana almost has a breakdown after concealing the fact that she was riding in a car that hit and killed a woman, is surly and disrepectful of authority, is caught drinking and doing drugs, attempts to kill herself is admitted into a mental hospital, has sex with a dangerous mental patient, takes off in mom's car which she does away with, helps dangerous boyfriend who is the love of her life escape hospital and runaway with her, is furious when captured and demands her name be changed. (The name change might have been discussed, not demanded on 20 minute deadline.) So after all that mom says, Okay, you can leave home and make your own decisons. Here's a credit card. PLEASE!! It would be sad if it wasn't so funny!

Who is the father of Carrie's baby? The drawer full of pregnancy tests is confusing. If she was pregnant while in the mental hospital, they would have known. They check for that so they don't give meds to a pregnant person and cause birth defects. And so how is that explained. And if she took the tests after she got out, how did she pay for them? Her bank accounts were frozen, right? Those tests aren't cheap. She must have had at least 20 in that drawer. That scene reminded me of something on Nashville.

And then when they had Carrie so focused on the baby at the murder scene. IT was so soap opera like. I didn't care for it. Too contrived for me.

I liked the story with the Iranian. I hope they focus on that. He's one mean dude! Talk about hating your ex-wife. He was brutal.

I'm confused about the whole pregnancy sl too. Maybe that's why she poured all her meds in the toilet. But the stuff they gave her in the hospital could surely have an effect on the baby...if she stays pregnant. I'm assuming the one night stand guy is the father. Wish they'd get back to Brody.

Yeah, if she was pregnant in the hospital, they would have picked up on it. They test for that before they give a mentally ill woman of child bearing age meds. And who is the father, Brodie or the one night stand guy? I think they have some real problems with that storyline. I guess we are to close our eyes and just believe without it making sense. Okay. What's new with that show? LOL3

The explosion of the CIA buidling was 12/12 right? In the scene where Carrie is given the polygraph by the Iranian, he says it's March, right? So if it's Brody's, she's 3 months.

Click to see Spoiler:
    If you recall in the long preview showed awhile ago about this season, there was a scene with Carrie sitting on a bed in a hospital and Saul was standing by her as if to console her. At that moment, an abortion or miscarriage came to my mind, but I discarded it. I wonder if that's what it was about. It wasn't a scene from her being in the mental hospital, I don't think.

+ Reply to Thread