+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

I was bored with episode also.
    Beginning of episode: Carrie in mental hospital, Brody in Venezuela getting patched up
    End of episode: Carrie in mental hospital, Brody in Venezuela with same people being held prisoner
    ...not much progress...

When Carrie banged her head on the mirror I didn't even think it was a mental health issue. If I had been a CIA operative (or in any other intelligent, mentally challenging job) and then been locked up and forced to build popsicle stick houses while nurses condescendingly told me how creative my work was, I think I would also want to bang my head against something!!!!
    Punkin likes this.

LOL, Closet! I agree with you about the Carrie head banging. I'm giving this one more week and if things don't improve, I'm not only giving up on Homeland, but on Showtime. (No more Dexter, so why pay for it?) The Carrie ongoing angst, the boring Brody family, and now the gruesome suffering of Brody, the throwing of the thief off the building, and the shooting of innocent Imam and Muslims in the Mosque..... well, I'm just not having any fun!

On Wednesday and Thursday I watched Season 5 of Damages on Netflix and it was so much more interesting and fast paced than this and several other series I have given my time to lately. Give me a good story without the horrific violence and I'm entertained.

The problem is that Carrie's actions and behavior have been so destructive, bizarre and potentially criminal, that she should be glad she's in a hospital as opposed to a jail cell. If she dosen't have the patience to deal with arts and crafts, I doubt she's going to be able to hold it together in order to prove Brody's innocence.

I think Showtime still has a couple of good shows, including Nurse Jackie and Donavon.

Well, you're right. Both Ray Donovan and Nurse Jackie are worth watching. But I think we can opt out of Showtime while there is nothing to watch.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fan

Season 2 also got really slow and boring when Brody was captured and interrogated forever, but things picked up eventually. So maybe the same will happen with the current season. lol
    Punkin likes this.

I didn't watch last night. I would like to come here to read about what happened, if anyone has time to post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't watch last night. I would like to come here to read about what happened, if anyone has time to post about it.
    I thought this weeks episode was definitely an improvement! Here is my quick recap...

Brody was absent from this episode.

On the Brody family front:
    • Leo (Dana's boyfriend) busted out of the hospital and she was waiting in her mom's car and they ran off together. They seemed to visit some locations of importance to them, including the grave of Leo's younger brother where we learned that the brother committed suicide.
    • Mike has resurfaced and had his friend dig up some info on Leo. The dirt is that Leo's parents had him committed to the hospital to keep him out of jail. The suspicion is that he shot the younger brother and that it may have been part of a "botched" suicide pact.
    • In the last scene with Dana and Leo, Dana comments that she never wants to go back to their families and Leo tells her they never have to...

The most interesting developments were in Carrie's story:
    - Carrie has a hearing to determine if she will be released. All the docs and nurses rave about her progress and say she should be able to go home. Her dad and sister inexplicably never show up. We later find someone told them the hearing had been cancelled.
    - The judge tells her in the end he can't release her because he has been handed some kind of order saying she is a security threat. Carrie is distraught and talks to her lawyer about what to do. The lawyer says she will try to get her out, but Carrie says there is really no hope if the CIA wants her to stay put.
    - Suddenly a nurse shows up at Carrie's room and says she has been released on some kind of emergency order. She packs up and leaves. She seems to prepare to flee the country, but then discover her car has been repossessed, her bank accounts are frozen, her credit cards are cancelled, etc. That lawyer-type guy who wanted him to meet one of his bosses was waiting in her house and tells her they are why she got released. After some strum and drang she agrees to meet the boss.
    - She is being followed so she decides to go to the house of that guy she met in the liquor store for a place to stay for the night. How the heck did she even know where he lived!? In the morning she leaves and that lawyer-type guy is waiting on the street to take her to the meeting with the boss.
    - The boss wants her to meet with one of his clients from time-to-time as a "consultant". He specifically mentions that this guy recently had 6 cohorts that were assassinated and he wants to know how the CIA got info on them. She refuses, but the lawyer guy wears her down by pointing out how the CIA has turned against her and expands on how they will continue to ruin her life. She eventually feels that she has no choice and agrees, but says she will only talk to the guy in person and she won't name CIA names.
    - Carrie shows up a Saul's house and here is THE TWIST!! She tells Saul about the discussion with the lawyer and that she has set up to meet with the client. This has been the plan all along! They think she will be meeting with the mastermind that Saul has suspected since the beginning of this season. Carrie is clearly shaken by this path she is on and tells Saul how hard it has been. I have mixed thoughts on this part. Was she really on her meds the whole time and was just acting like she was losing it? She appeared in this scene to honestly be having a really hard time with this charade, but if she had been faking the whole time I would expect her to be stronger than this. Hasn't she done this kind of thing in the past??
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 10-22-2013 at 11:46 AM.

FORT Fan

Homeland got picked up for a fourth season now. I wonder how much more ridiculous the storylines will be by next season?

Thanks for that update ClosetRTWatcher. I haven't watched it and I probably won't, but like to come here and read.

Now if Dana and her boyfriend really would leave and never come back, I might return to watching. lol

Even with the twist.....I'm not sure I'm feeling it this season. I like to keep updated though.

Well unfortunately we have more Dana this episode with that stupid escape with her psych ward boyfriend (now revealed to be an unstable person who killed his brother). I am curious about the whole twist where all this is just a sting operation Carrie and Saul cooked up to lure the Iranian terrorists in. How long has this been the plan? She seemed awfully upset about Saul selling her out, then the crazy ramblings in front of the Senate Intelligence comittee, also the crazy notebook scrawls, and picking up a random guy at the liquor store for sex. All this is classic Carrie at her most unstable and she doesn't seem like she is that good an actress. Was it cooked up after her release was first blocked in the psych ward and the lawyer for the terrorists had seen her? Did she somehow find liquor store guy again just for the benefit of the terrorist lawyer? It doesn't all make sense to me. I am cautiously a bit more interested. If they aren't careful, this could go ridiculous pretty fast.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread