+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

To my kwowledge, they have never referred to the actual name of the U.S. President in their world. The Vice-President was fictional.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Ack! I didn't know that replying revealed the spoilers, although I guess that makes sense! I did my best not to look because I don't like being spoiled!!

It is the same house. It has the same layout from what I recall, and the things you referenced were correct. Her mom said she had the bathroom redone because she couldn't get the grout clean and Dana was looking through her dad's stuff in the garage.
    I can't see how that would be a spoiler since it has definitely aired already.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

My original post about Brodie's house revealed a fact that could be a spoiler, since it's about an event that has not happened on the show yet. That's why I put it in spoiler tags.

For the sake of argument:

In Defense of 'Homeland's' No. 1 Villain: 5 Reasons We Don't Hate Dana Brody

Right now, if you want to get yelled at, here's what you do: Find a fan of Showtime's "Homeland" and tell him or her that you think this season is great so far and that your favorite story line is the one about distraught teenage daughter Dana (Morgan Saylor). Then, duck and cover. You only need to search for "Homeland" on Twitter to see that Dana is hit harder than a CIA analyst in Muslim garb postattack.
    We have seen a lot of Dana in the first two episodes. We learned that she slit her wrists in the bathtub and has been receiving inpatient care at a mental hospital. She met a cute guy in there, Leo (Sam Underwood). And Sunday night, she ran away from home and back into Leo's arms at the mental hospital. They had a romp in the laundry room. Their interests include sexy selfies and smiling.

It's easy to rip into Dana just because she's taking up a lot of screen time and you miss Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis). But here are five reasons we actually dig Dana.

For those five reasons:

In Defense of 'Homeland's' No. 1 Villain: 5 Reasons We Don't Hate Dana Brody | Fall TV - Yahoo TV

That's pretty funny, except for the one about Dana getting some. She's only about 15 years old, so I'm not sure why they listed that.

Well, last night was the show's last chance to get me interested and to keep me on board. Most of it was devoted to Brody and there was a lot of potential there. The problem is there wasn't much explanation of how Brody got from Venezuela to that middle eastern country he's in now and not much of it made sense, except now he's stuck in a underground cell AGAIN! Really? Couldn't the writers come up with something more creative than that?

Oh, and the forced heroin addict. How many times have we seen that story done. I just expected more.

How is Carrie, who worked in the middle east as an operative, connected to those people from Venezuela? And what did she do so big that these people forego that 10 million dollar reward? Makes no sense and is so bizarre that I'm not even interested to know.

Why couldn't we get to see Brody on the run, using fake id's, working with underground organizations, struggling as a survivalist in the wilds of Canada, and trying to communicate with Carrie? But, no, it has to be boring with him sitting in a hole in the ground. I think I've seen enough of that in season one. Where is the creativity?

The first half of the show I was bored. I was looking at the clock to see how much longer we might have to look at the open wound on Brody's belly. Why show that wound so much? Too much. We get it.

We also get to see Carrie still in the mental hospital. Are they even giving her the correct meds? It makes me wonder if the medical staff is trying to keep her crazy. It looks like it's going to be a season of Carrie's struggle with mental illness. I'm not in the mood for more of that either. Carrie is so impatient. She can't even accept a compliment on her stick house without banging her head on the mirror.

I should check to see who directed last night's episode. It felt off to me. It did not have the normal flare of the show. It felt like the show has lost it's heart. It's not the exciting show with intrigue that I grew to love. It wasn't enough to keep me around. I'll read boards to see what happens, but I'm walking away. I don't find it compelling enough for me to keep my Showtime. I'm done.

I'm interested to know other people's take on it.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.

FORT Fan

The actress who plays Dana is about 19, I'm not sure how old her character is supposed to be on the show though.

I read that Mike is supposed to be appearing this season sometime. I guess he isn't going to have quite as much of a role though.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That's pretty funny, except for the one about Dana getting some. She's only about 15 years old, so I'm not sure why they listed that.

Well, last night was the show's last chance to get me interested and to keep me on board. Most of it was devoted to Brody and there was a lot of potential there. The problem is there wasn't much explanation of how Brody got from Venezuela to that middle eastern country he's in now and not much of it made sense, except now he's stuck in a underground cell AGAIN! Really? Couldn't the writers come up with something more creative than that?

Oh, and the forced heroin addict. How many times have we seen that story done. I just expected more.

How is Carrie, who worked in the middle east as an operative, connected to those people from Venezuela? And what did she do so big that these people forego that 10 million dollar reward? Makes no sense and is so bizarre that I'm not even interested to know.

Why couldn't we get to see Brody on the run, using fake id's, working with underground organizations, struggling as a survivalist in the wilds of Canada, and trying to communicate with Carrie? But, no, it has to be boring with him sitting in a hole in the ground. I think I've seen enough of that in season one. Where is the creativity?

The first half of the show I was bored. I was looking at the clock to see how much longer we might have to look at the open wound on Brody's belly. Why show that wound so much? Too much. We get it.

We also get to see Carrie still in the mental hospital. Are they even giving her the correct meds? It makes me wonder if the medical staff is trying to keep her crazy. It looks like it's going to be a season of Carrie's struggle with mental illness. I'm not in the mood for more of that either. Carrie is so impatient. She can't even accept a compliment on her stick house without banging her head on the mirror.

I should check to see who directed last night's episode. It felt off to me. It did not have the normal flare of the show. It felt like the show has lost it's heart. It's not the exciting show with intrigue that I grew to love. It wasn't enough to keep me around. I'll read boards to see what happens, but I'm walking away. I don't find it compelling enough for me to keep my Showtime. I'm done.

I'm in full agreement with you. I was a huge fan of Homeland, and now I'm finding that I fiddle with my computer when it's on. The first season, each episode left me on the edge of my seat, and now it's just one yawn inducing scene after the other. The only bright spot for me is Quinn. And I really hated the sex scene with Dana. It felt pervy given her young age on the show. Does this show even attract the younger audience?

I may be wrong since I'm not hanging on to every word like I used to, but I believe Brody is still in Caracas.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I'm in full agreement with you. I was a huge fan of Homeland, and now I'm finding that I fiddle with my computer when it's on. The first season, each episode left me on the edge of my seat, and now it's just one yawn inducing scene after the other. The only bright spot for me is Quinn. And I really hated the sex scene with Dana. It felt pervy given her young age on the show. Does this show even attract the younger audience?

I may be wrong since I'm not hanging on to every word like I used to, but I believe Brody is still in Caracas.
    You're right. He's still in Venezuela, not the Middle East
    Kiz likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I agree with you. This season has so far given me boredom cancer. I was so excited to see Brody and was let down. I keep thinking back to the previous seasons and hope that this will all be worth it and something will happen. The only good thing is Quin getting more awesome and also Saul. I don't trust him, but I can't ever hate him. I hope this won't go down the tubes like Dexter. I will hang on for a bit longer. If Carrie doesn't get electroshock therapy or the right meds to zap her back to an even keel, it will really drive me nuts.
    Punkin likes this.

Yes, I realized later that the people took Brody from one place in Venezuela to the city of Caracus. I guess that makes more sense, but still. Carrie was a middle eastern operative, so I guess the story will be about how she is someone connected to some South Americans for whom she did a 10 milllion dollar favor or maybe Quinn is involved. He was in South American recently, right?

I'm just not up for hanging around to find out. I'll read the boards....maybe... and see how things go. If it gets better, I can always watch it later. I'll pick up my Showtime when Donavon returns. I can catch it then.

I can understand the show portraying the life of Brody's daughter, but IMO, the focus on her mental health care was too extreme. Then there's the focus on Carrie's mental health care. And now we have Brody who will no doubt have further mental health issues on top of substance abuse issues. It's a bit much for one show about homeland security, IMO. I think the writers may have gotten carried away with showing too many parallels in mental health matters.

REf. Dana's age. I think her character is about 15 years old.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread