+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

While Claire Danes does "crazy" like no one's business, I'm growing tired of the one dimension.

I keep wondering if ... ok stay with me here... since we all know Brody isn't dead... and Saul knows it too... maybe by throwing Carrie under the bus as he has... Saul is trying to get Brody out of hiding. If Brody knows Carrie is in some serious jeopardy, maybe he will try and get to her and that will allow Saul and his guys to get him.

I gotta believe there's a reason for Saul's behavior and since I love me some Saul I gotta find a really really REAL reason for the way he's behaving!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Yeah, I was tired of Carrie's crazy, over the top behavior early in the first season. I've never liked her and wished they had casted a more believable person in her role, but that's a moot point now...so, I still don't like her. But, I do like her more than Dana or Dana's mom. Man, they miscasted a lot of people, IMO.

Saul's behavior is odd. I've heard speculation that the guy Saul is talking to so much is not real. I looked at both episodes this season and see what they mean. No one except Carrie and Saul ever interact with the guy. It's like he's in the room, but no one else sees him. I do think he interacted with Quinn last season, but I'll have to go back and check to make sure the guy is not an imaginary character. That would be crazy. lol I wonder why they are playing it that way though. Even in the restaurant when Carrie yells at him, no one else seems to look at the guy.

I wonder if Saul is trying to protect Carrie and he fears that unless she is portrayed as a mentally ill, harmless former agent, someone in the Administration will order her to be assasinated. I think Saul may be ignoring Brodie. He says he trying to get Brodie, but he doesn't do much to locate him that we are seeing. I love Saul, except not what he said to that young new employee. I hope he's not a mole, his behavior is suspicious. However, he did order the deaths of those top terrorists, including Tin Man, so that leads me to believe he is not working for the enemy.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-09-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Oftentimes when you dislike someone, it casts a pall over how you view anything they do.
    elleprn likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I think the reason I didn't like Claire Danes in the role of Carrie is that IMO, Clare played it like an immature, implusive, out of control, bundle of nerves. She seemed more like a teenager to me than an experiences CIA agent, even when she was on her meds. I think a different actor could have played it better and more realistic. But, hey, she's won awards for the job she did, so what do I know. I do think more people have caught up to my way of thinking and are threatening to walk from the show, because they have had enough of that act.

I think that Claire is an awkward actress. She was wonderful as a teen in My So Called Life, but can't be much of anything else. She's won lots of awards, but I just don't get it. Nice lady, but not talented, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think that Claire is an awkward actress. She was wonderful as a teen in My So Called Life, but can't be much of anything else. She's won lots of awards, but I just don't get it. Nice lady, but not talented, IMO.
    She was in an HBO movie a couple of years ago called Temple Grandin. It was a biopic of Temple Grandin, the autistic woman who is one of the preeminent scientists in the study of humane livestock handling. I thought she did an amazing job in this film. Although it still called for an "awkward" style, so maybe that's why she excelled in the role?

Oh, I recall that movie. I didn't care for it. I've seen the real lady and thought Danes was not right for the part. She was trying so hard to have Autism that she seemed like a cartoon character or something overdone, but what do I know? I think she got awards for that role. Maybe I just have poor taste. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    She was in an HBO movie a couple of years ago called Temple Grandin. It was a biopic of Temple Grandin, the autistic woman who is one of the preeminent scientists in the study of humane livestock handling. I thought she did an amazing job in this film. Although it still called for an "awkward" style, so maybe that's why she excelled in the role?
    I couldn't agree more... CD was phenomenal in that role!!!!!!!!!! In real life I find her to be pretty normal (what I've seen of her in interviews, etc, I mean we're not BFF's lol) but she does play eccentric, quirky women extremely well
    elleprn likes this.

FORT Fan

I think this show would have been more fitted to run as a shorter series. The first season was definitely the best, and the second season started off well. Though when they captured Brody and started interrogating him, it began to get really slow. Season 2 ended well, but this new season has been pretty boring so far except in a few areas. I agree with some of the others, that they should scale back the scenes with Dana. I'm getting tired of seeing her exploits of the many guys she comes involved with. The last episode seemed like something that would air on the CW channel. Also, does Dana's brother have any storyline at all right now?

By the way, maybe I missed something, but did they ever show the character of the President yet in this series?

Can someone confirm that Brodie's family is still living in their house from last season? This is the place Dana attempted suicide because we saw the discussion of mom repairing the bathroom and Dana goes out to the garage where her dad prayed, right?

The reason I ask is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I read in a Charlotte, NC newspaper that the actual Brodie house was sold recently. That tells me the family moves away??? I pray that's true. I guess it's possible the show could still lease the house to use for the outdoor shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can someone confirm that Brodie's family is still living in their house from last season? This is the place Dana attempted suicide because we saw the discussion of mom repairing the bathroom and Dana goes out to the garage where her dad prayed, right?
    Ack! I didn't know that replying revealed the spoilers, although I guess that makes sense! I did my best not to look because I don't like being spoiled!!

It is the same house. It has the same layout from what I recall, and the things you referenced were correct. Her mom said she had the bathroom redone because she couldn't get the grout clean and Dana was looking through her dad's stuff in the garage.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread