+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Does anyone know when its retuning? I just saw an ad for it, but didn't get the date

thanks
    This Sunday, 9/29/13

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    This Sunday, 9/29/13

I think it's on a channel we don't subscribe to =thanks Marlena
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's on Showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    It's on Showtime.
    Not ours. It's on Bravo, but not until it has aired this time. Its also on super channel, we don't have that
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Happy HOMELAND returns, day!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I only caught a little of the show last night. I fell asleep! I recorded and will watch tonight.

I love this episode because most of it was filmed in my town of Raleigh, NC. The hearing room is the NC Supreme Court courtroom and the outside scenes were around the NC capital building. I kept hoping to see my car go by since I rode around the block a few times the two days they were filming. lol
    Punkin likes this.

Saul sure threw Carrie under the bus, which was surprising to me given his propensity for defending her no matter how reckless and stupid she acts. I also cringed when Carrie testified. She needs to know her audience--that was not the time to say that Brody was innocent. I wonder who the leak was and I wonder if Saul has a bigger plan or if he is really going to make Carrie the fall guy. Carrie being off her meds will not go well. She is already looking crazy enough. I really hope Dana's sexting pictures to psych ward boyfriend will not come back to bite her. Hopefully he isn't the type to sell it to the papers. Also, where on earth is Mike?
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 09-30-2013 at 02:07 PM.

I saw the part where she admitted to her dad she was off her meds. That's unfortunate. She acts crazy and hairbrained enough when she's on the meds, so I think this episode will frustrate me.

I was right. This episode did frustrate me. I'm actually on the verge on opting out this season. It's the only reason I have Showtime right now and if the next episode doesn't improve, I'm cancelling my Showtime. I'll just pick it back up when Ray Donavon comes back on.

IMO, the things that make me care about a character and storyline are the character's attributes. I used to think that Carrie really loved her country and wanted to help this country. I thought she wanted to make this country a better place, protect innocents, etc. She wasn't perfect, she could be a bit too hyper and get overly excited, but she could reel it in in a crunch, but I don't see that now.

Carrie seems to be on her own agenda. In the midst of the most serious situation she could be in and she goes off her meds. She's able to function in some ways, but then totally blows it by taking a HUGE risks of bringing a stranger into her house to get laid. I am glad she took her attorneys advice and took the 5th at the hearing, but not after doing some damage with inappropriate remarks. Perhaps, it's just her mental condition that is making her appear so scary, but having her in charge of sensitive information and performing delicate, top secret tasks is just not my idea of amusing. It's too far out there and something I don't care to see.

Then we have Brody's family to watch. Please. Why must we endure watching scene after scene of this family? It's not something that has any relevancy to me. What a downer. They are the same as always. We get it. I would rather see Carrie and her sister than Brody's family.

Overall, I wasn't impressed. I liked the parts with Saul and the black opts teams taking out those terrorists. What's Saul up to? Something is going on with him. I do enjoy his character and like to learn more about his character. I've never fully trusted him, but I guess time will tell.

Does anyone know how the ratings were for the first episode this season?
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-01-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I saw the part where she admitted to her dad she was off her meds. That's unfortunate. She acts crazy and hairbrained enough when she's on the meds, so I think this episode will frustrate me.
    What kind of logic does she have to say her lithium is the reason the bombing happened? A little grandiose I think--no one in the whole CIA (except the bomber) saw that coming and she was too focused on having her little romance with Brody and perhaps her brain got a little zapped from the electroshock therapy. Really, she is making it too easy for whoever is trying to take her down. They really don't have to make an effort--just let her loose and she will hang herself. Judging from the bringing a random guy from the supermarket home for sex, the scribblings in the notebook she gave the lawyer, and the wall of crazy in her house--I think another forced hospitilization/electroshock therapy session is not too far away.

+ Reply to Thread