+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Quinn has been given orders to take Brody out. So, he either has to kill him or pretend he disappeared before he could get to him. He has to answer to Estes, who I wonder if he will hang around for another season. He's such a jerk, I bet he does. Saul is really my only favorite person. I'm not that fond of the others. I like Quinn pretty well too.
    Why would he let Brody go? Whats wrong with these people? SUPPOSEDLY.. they ARE supposed to be GETTING/KILLING the terrorist.. NOT letting them go. GEEZ!!!!

I can see Carrie hiding out with Brody... isn't she pregnant (real life)?

Debb... I too loved the sceen with Roya and Carrie. Carrie feel right for the trap. Would LOVE to see Carrie get her back....

Saul is one of my favorite characters on the show and Mandy Patinkin is definitely my favorite actor on the show. I know it's not realistic, but I'd love to have Saul break into song some time. MP has one of my favorite voices ever. Just as good live as recorded.

I've seen lots of nasty comments online about him, but I don't get it. Based on everything I know about him and this interview, he's a lovely man: 'Homeland' makes Mandy Patinkin feel young, and he's ever active - latimes.com

People were horrid about him leaving Criminal Minds, but I understood why he left. So much violence against women every week. He didn't know that's what the show was going to be when he signed up for it. I respect him for sticking to his principals. I really wish he'd get more kudos in the form of awards nominations. IMO, he deserves it just as much as Claire Danes and Damian Lewis.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I love this show. If all you have is a hammer, you view the world as full of nails. If your approach to Homeland is from a perspective of "oh c'mon, really???", you'll see nothing but plot holes.
    I love this show!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I love this show. If all you have is a hammer, you view the world as full of nails. If your approach to Homeland is from a perspective of "oh c'mon, really???", you'll see nothing but plot holes.
    I love this show!
    I absolutely love love LOVE this show.... and when watching the show I don't have any problems with the plots. HOWEVER.. when I re-watch the show.. (a few times) *winks* thats when I say... HMMMMM... really??? uhhhh hmmm... surrreeeee... NOWAY... could... WOULD never happen!!!!! AND THEN... I'm left with the feeling OF... these plots could actually happen. WE ARE SITTING DUCKS!!! And then I want to hide.... <--- but maybe not in/behind a stone wall.

Mandy is nominated for Best Supporting Actor on Homeland for Golden Globes.

Golden Globe Nominations Announced -- Did Your Favorites Make the Cut? | tooFab.com

He's the only one from that show that I will root for to win. IMO, Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) deserves it more than Lewis from Homeland, IMO. Danes is nominated again too.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I absolutely love love LOVE this show.... and when watching the show I don't have any problems with the plots. HOWEVER.. when I re-watch the show.. (a few times) *winks* thats when I say... HMMMMM... really??? uhhhh hmmm... surrreeeee... NOWAY... could... WOULD never happen!!!!! AND THEN... I'm left with the feeling OF... these plots could actually happen. WE ARE SITTING DUCKS!!! And then I want to hide.... <--- but maybe not in/behind a stone wall.
    I'm so glad to hear you love the show! It seems many others just want to complain about how bad/unrealistic/awful/ridiculous/etc it is and I don't understand. I guess if I dislike a show I stop watching it and move on to something else enjoyable Life's too short to watch bad/disappointing/aggravating television! LOL!!
    I'm here likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fanatic

I'm so glad to hear you love the show! It seems many others just want to complain about how bad/unrealistic/awful/ridiculous/etc it is and I don't understand. I guess if I dislike a show I stop watching it and move on to something else enjoyable Life's too short to watch bad/disappointing/aggravating television! LOL!!
    Why is it assumed if you point out how unrealistic this show has become you automatically have to hate it? I still like watching the show but its just not the same show it was in season one. I dont know if I said this before but one of the things I really liked from season one was that they didnt go over the top with stuff and made it as true to life as a TV show could be. Season 2 just seemed to veer off that track. One of the things I heard is that they film this show while its airing. Season one, Brodys vest was supposed to blow up but due to how popular it was and how great he was on screen with Danes, they changed the ending. So now they make another season and have to stretch him out. I just feel like they ran out of gas and are throwing things into the season because they need to keep it going. Theres just so many things that happened this season that were just stupid and too over the top. Im interested to see how they get out of it Sunday but another season with Carrie and Brody would really be pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Why is it assumed if you point out how unrealistic this show has become you automatically have to hate it? I still like watching the show but its just not the same show it was in season one. I dont know if I said this before but one of the things I really liked from season one was that they didnt go over the top with stuff and made it as true to life as a TV show could be. Season 2 just seemed to veer off that track. One of the things I heard is that they film this show while its airing. Season one, Brodys vest was supposed to blow up but due to how popular it was and how great he was on screen with Danes, they changed the ending. So now they make another season and have to stretch him out. I just feel like they ran out of gas and are throwing things into the season because they need to keep it going. Theres just so many things that happened this season that were just stupid and too over the top. Im interested to see how they get out of it Sunday but another season with Carrie and Brody would really be pushing it.
    I don't search for spoilers... so I'm not sure whats going to happen... but I will go out on a limb here and say... I think there will be another season of Carrie and Brody.

LOVE the show! Talk about the show all the time! AND I re-watch each episode. I think I'm driving my hubby crazy. I call him... while he's working to point something out... that I think of. What about this... or what about that... OR that could actually happen... *giggles*

Come on now... I'm a reality TV show watcher... OF COURSE I LOVE bad/unrealistic/awful/ridiculous TV! For me... IF I want realistic... I'll watch the news.

And my love of Mandy Patinkin grows: Anchor Bolts During Interview - YouTube
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread