+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

I'm a big fan of the show, too! After the first episode, I thought they could have lengthened it in order to conclude it and it would have been a great movie; however, I'm glad they didn't.

I'm with Critical and think that Claire Danes is doing great in the role.

Wonder when they are going to show us some signs that Brody could be a double agent...so far everything points that he has been turned.

I set this show up on my DVR before the season started, but I haven't actually gotten a chance to watch any episodes. I'm glad to see some good reviews here. I think it has convinced me I should give it a shot rather than deleting it before I watch it!!

In the most recent episode, Carrie slipped some meds from her dad's bottle in the bathroom. Due to her actions, I'm wondering if he had something else in that bottle and she is now OFF her meds. This could be a problem. I kind of wish she would live with her sister as it would put some assuances that she is on the right meds. She has a sensitve job. She needs to be at her best.

Did anyone think that Brodie was flirting with her outside that church when he ran into her before that meeting? I thought so. I think he will contact her again.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a definite spoiler, but a rumor. If it is true, it would make a MAJOR difference in the show. I hope it is true. Read only if you are prepared to have the question of who was turned. It may or may not be accurate.
    Click to see Spoiler:

What I read is that Saul is the one who has been turned. They say that he greeted Brodie's guard with that odd affectionate greeting. Remember? And the he is the one who gave that guy the razor blade, not Brodie. Saul was turned when he was held captive a few years ago. Remember Carrie talking about that in this last episode? Saul also okayed the bugging of Brodie's house, since he knew they would get nothing. Saul also authorized them to enter the house near the airport, because he has already warned the couple to get out. He's allowing Carrie to focus on Brodie, because it keeps her busy and off his case

I'm now going to be looking at this in a very different light to see if there is any truth to it.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Debb...I can't decide if I want to read your spoiler (or rumor) or not. Right now, I am going to hold out, but not sure that will last long!

Yes, I definitely think he was flirting with her, but only as a result of "keeping your enemies closer." I think by her persistant questions in the first debriefing with him, he could tell she doubted him.

Alright, I give up...I am going to look...that didn't take too long!

I was pretty shocked. If it's true, it changes so much about the show IMO. I guess time will tell. I will watch the show in a different light now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr View Post
    I'm a big fan of the show, too! After the first episode, I thought they could have lengthened it in order to conclude it and it would have been a great movie; however, I'm glad they didn't.

I'm with Critical and think that Claire Danes is doing great in the role.

Wonder when they are going to show us some signs that Brody could be a double agent...so far everything points that he has been turned.
    Luckily, the critics and the network agree with us! The show has been getting stellar reviews and Showtime has picked it up for a second season. I may not like the character of Carrie very much, but I think Claire is doing a great job playing her. Tough to play such an unsympathetic character, I think.

I've had out of town company for a while, so I was behind in my viewing. I was just able to catch up with the last 2 episodes today and WOW. This show just keeps getting better and better! Nudity and violence aside, the big networks would NEVER air a series like this - there's just too much abiguity as to who the bad guys are....and the bad guys could be people we call "heroes." IMO, it's that ambiguity that makes this show so interesting, but it would also probably make say, ABC really nervous.

Although it's driving me crazy a bit, I like that we STILL don't know if Brody has really been turned or not. We still don't know who passed the razor blade, who tipped off the guy in the house by the airport, etc. I wonder how long we'll have to wait!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well what an episode!!!!!!!! Super great last night! I was rather glad that some facts were introduced that gives my spoiler a little more credibility. Now I'm really curious. They are opening the door very wide as to who the bad guys are.

I will say one thing. That Carrie LOVES her job. Man when she hopped in that back seat and got down to business, she decided there was nothing she would not do for her country. LOL

Despite loving the show, I do have some criticism. What in the hey is wrong with that polygraph examiner???????? He has to know that you don't monkey around with CIA agents on a polygraph. That guy was careless and is allowing Saul to consistently flub polygraphs!!!!!! (This is what Saul said.) Unacceptable. Also, with polygraphs, the questions that are going to be asked of you for the test are read to you in advance. THey don't throw in surprise questions like Carrie did on Brodie's test.

I am upset with Brodie about beating his friend up in front of his kids. He has no regard for his children's mental health. He needs supervised visitation. He's dangerous.

Wow, what a game changer! This episode totally blew me away!

How will Carrie get out of this without losing her job? Is Saul the leak? Is Brody playing Carrie while she's playing him?

I thought most of that barbeque scene was pretty uncomfortable, starting with the one guy swearing loudly at Brody and ending with Brody beating the crap out of Mike. I think that was the least of what Mike deserved though. Also, I thought Jessica had a lot of nerve snubbing Brody when he came home the next morning.

I can't believe we only have 3 episodes left!

ETA: Nice little piece praising Morena Baccarin's work on the show: The Third Wire-Walker Of 'Homeland': You Win, Morena Baccarin : Monkey See : NPR
    Last edited by Critical; 11-08-2011 at 11:40 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow, what a game changer! This episode totally blew me away!

How will Carrie get out of this without losing her job? Is Saul the leak? Is Brody playing Carrie while she's playing him?

I thought most of that barbeque scene was pretty uncomfortable, starting with the one guy swearing loudly at Brody and ending with Brody beating the crap out of Mike. I think that was the least of what Mike deserved though. Also, I thought Jessica had a lot of nerve snubbing Brody when he came home the next morning.

I can't believe we only have 3 episodes left!

ETA: Nice little piece praising Morena Baccarin's work on the show: The Third Wire-Walker Of 'Homeland': You Win, Morena Baccarin : Monkey See : NPR
    I think that Carrie planned it all and was not really drunk. I think she made a stupid decision though, because having sex with Brodie has put her in a very bad situation. She could lose her career. PLUS, IMO Carrie is not smart enough to mentally outwit Brodie. He showed her he can pass a polygraph with no trouble, lying through his teeth. She also gave him top secret information about the prisoner killing himself. Later when she takes another polygraph and they ask her if she gave anyone without clearance top secret info what is she going to say? IF she says no, she's has lied. Not good for Carrie.

Critical, I have to disagree on the Mike beating. Brodie seemed just fine that his deceased comrade's wife had remarried, thinking her husband was dead after so many years, so why wouldn't Brodie think it was okay for his wife to have begun a relationship. At least she hadn't gotten married like his buddy's wife did. Also, Brodie has known about Mike and his wife for a good while. He's kept it to himself, but he knew. When the scene started in the yard, it almost seemed that Brodie planned on his little blowup. Like he wanted to do it for some purpose. I'm not sure what it was, but it gave him an excuse to leave the house and hook up with Carrie. Cause that's who is called right? I don't think he was that upset with Mike. I think it was just an opportunity to get out of house to do his thing. This is just speculation. Time will tell.

I do not think Mike should have attacked the guy with no legs, no matter what he said. They should have ignored him and called him a cab to leave.

OMG, this show has really heated up! I love it.

+ Reply to Thread