+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

I kept thinking the tunnels were going to be wired with explosives or something. It seemed like a master terrorist like Abu Nazir would lure them all in and then make the whole factory explode, taking all of them with him. I cracked up at Roya as well. I also wonder why anybody even bothers to give Carrie orders anymore even DIRECT ORDERS. We all know she isn't going to listen to anyone.

I am torn about whether Brody will survive. I did read on the internet that he signed a five year deal--so I wonder if that means he lives? I am not sure what they can do with him much longer though. Carrie is also crazy to think that she can have a romance with a terrorist and everything will be just fine.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm trying to watch Homeland with a suspended disbelief and just enjoy the good parts. Despite how implausible the turns, when they do suspense really well it is edge of the couch stuff (though I wish Sean Callery would back off the Space Invaders like suspense music that he overused in S8 of 24). I want them get away from the family stuff because, while I get that they're trying to layer in reasons to care about the characters, they're just not doing it well. I think that was done better last season, with Carrie's also bipolar dad and her sister who was a psychiatrist (IIRC...at least some kind of doctor) and Saul & his wife. Last season there was more of a balance about home life and work life, but this season the family focus all been about clan Brody. Used sparingly, it was effective. Last year's finale with Dana talking her dad down from blowing himself up was emotionally poignant; after this season and her literally whining over spilled milk, dropping the f bomb in front of her parents every third second, and OMG those boots & sweaters it's more like "oh, STFU Dana".

Just spitballing here, but if Brody doesn't make it out alive (I have no spoilers, this is just entirely spinning a yarn), next season I'd like to see Carrie face off with Roya or some other female adversary where the whole "touch therapy"/romance interrogation technique doesn't factor in and she's really challenged to crack the case. But that'd actually pass the Bechdel Test and not much that I watch does, aside from (ever so sadly) reality shows.

My husband kept pointing out that someone will be made the new leader, now that Nazir is dead. Who will it be... Roya or Brody?

Quinn has been given orders to take Brody out. So, he either has to kill him or pretend he disappeared before he could get to him. He has to answer to Estes, who I wonder if he will hang around for another season. He's such a jerk, I bet he does. Saul is really my only favorite person. I'm not that fond of the others. I like Quinn pretty well too.

The finale is this week. Anyone interested in spoilers? It's shocking! Please post if you are interested. I'll post in spoiler tags. I really think it's accurate.

I'd love a juicy spoiler (in tags, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'd love a juicy spoiler (in tags, of course).
    okay.

WARNING WARNING WARNING; This is supposed to be a true spoiler. No promises, but I think it's accurate. Read only if you don't think it would ruin your enjoyment of the finale, because it tells what happens, who dies, etc in detail. I'll condense it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Carrie tells Brody that she chooses him over the CIA. Quinn has chance to shoot Brodie, but refuses. He tells Estes that it's wrong to shoot Brodie now and he better not do it. Carrie loves him, etc.
    Many gather for some event, not sure if funeral or salute for killing Nazir, but Carrie and Brodie go to his vehicle it explodes. They are horrified, but okay. (It's either the explosives in the wall of the Tailor shop or Brody's vest. Not sure.) Brody and Carrie flee and gather items to go into hiding. Last minute Carrie stays behind to clear Brody's name, since he has been implicated. Killed in the explosion are Estes, Finn and Walden's wife and hundreds more. Everyone thinks Brody and Carrie are dead too!

Saul is allowed to leave the room he was in and given a second chance with the CIA. No mole is revealed.

Before leaving Brody tells Mike he should be with Jess.

Dana confronts Brody about vest. He explains.

In the end Carrie surprises Saul who is relieved she is alive after all.

So now, we are set up for next season!

Thanks, Debb! I'm one of those weird people who enjoys a show more having been spoiled. Though the season has been uneven, it's still one of my favorite shows so I'm looking forward to the finale.

I am still enjoying this show a lot in spite of the "what the heck" moments. Saul and Quinn are my favorites at the moment, so I'm hoping they will still be around next season!

I don't mind knowing spoiler either. I prefer them, but if others like to be surprised, I get that too. I'm still excited about this Sunday, even though I think I know what will happen. No guarentees though. It could be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread