+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

That's something else I don't get. I think the murdered school children could be explained to Americans quite easily. You say it was a mistake, wrong calculations, etc. Say you regret it. And Americans would. It would be forgiven if you were trying to kill terorists, IMO.

Finally got around to watching the episode last night. Wow.......is Brody really a terrorist who believes his mission or did he just want to protect Carrie? What he said to the VP once he knew he was dying.....was that the real Brody or what? So many questions and I'm sure they won't be answered until the show is completely over and done with so it could be many more seasons before I find out!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Finally got around to watching the episode last night. Wow.......is Brody really a terrorist who believes his mission or did he just want to protect Carrie? What he said to the VP once he knew he was dying.....was that the real Brody or what? So many questions and I'm sure they won't be answered until the show is completely over and done with so it could be many more seasons before I find out!
    I think that was absolutely the real Brody. IMO the real Brody does't want to kill innocent Americans like Nazir wants, but he didn't consider Walden innocent. He wanted Walden dead to punish him for Issa's death. He likely wouldn't have done this without Carrie's kidnapping because it was risky. On the other hand, he was more willing to do this than some of the alternatives because this way only resulted in Walden's death unlike the almost-bombing of last season which would have potentially killed many people.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-05-2012 at 06:06 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I cant believe people are still praising this show. Im not saying it sucks but its a far cry from the show it was in season 1. Season one, and the first two or three episodes of this season were just phenomenal. Now its like a really bad season of 24 where they dont seem to know where to go with it. There were more suspend your belief because its TV moments in the last episode that it was staggering. Nazir (the worlds most sought after person) timing a collision in broad daylight and kidnapping someone with no witnesses, Brody using the phone the CIA had tapped just hours ago to talk to Nazir (and who know Skype was the official video teleconferencing software of terrorists), Brody walking around the VPs house like its a department store, the VP not having a Secret Service agent within shouting distance, The defribulator (need I say more!?), no one on the CIA task force linking Carrie's vanishing to Brody. I could go on with a few more but I think you get the point.
    Still not a terrible show, its entertaining enough but its just gotten silly and strayed from the great show it once was and turned into a 24 rip off.
    Debb70 likes this.

What I want to know is how is it after Brody has gotten an increase in salary from becoming a congressman has neither parent gotten Dana some new boots? They are ugly and she wears them with everything. Her mom would be doing a great service to her and the public if she "lost" them forcing Dana to have to go shopping.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    What I want to know is how is it after Brody has gotten an increase in salary from becoming a congressman has neither parent gotten Dana some new boots? They are ugly and she wears them with everything. Her mom would be doing a great service to her and the public if she "lost" them forcing Dana to have to go shopping.
    Thank you for this, funniest thing I have read on a board in a long long time. Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    BUT those boots go perfectly with the angsty expression she wears 95% of the time!!
    elleprn and I'm here like this.

I can't stand the way Dana says "DAD" all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    I cant believe people are still praising this show. Im not saying it sucks but its a far cry from the show it was in season 1. Season one, and the first two or three episodes of this season were just phenomenal. Now its like a really bad season of 24 where they dont seem to know where to go with it. There were more suspend your belief because its TV moments in the last episode that it was staggering. Nazir (the worlds most sought after person) timing a collision in broad daylight and kidnapping someone with no witnesses, Brody using the phone the CIA had tapped just hours ago to talk to Nazir (and who know Skype was the official video teleconferencing software of terrorists), Brody walking around the VPs house like its a department store, the VP not having a Secret Service agent within shouting distance, The defribulator (need I say more!?), no one on the CIA task force linking Carrie's vanishing to Brody. I could go on with a few more but I think you get the point.
    Still not a terrible show, its entertaining enough but its just gotten silly and strayed from the great show it once was and turned into a 24 rip off.

I argue with myself about this show often. Can't help it... its just something I do.

Anyway....

Whats driving me most crazy is... I just don't care about the "family" issues. Who cares that Brody and his wife aren't keeping it together. Its sorta believeable that they wouldn't be able to.. considering how much time passed. I also don't know WHY Finn and Dana hitting/killing that person was mentioned... as that too is quite believeable that it could infact happen... and that it could/would be covered up. I don't care IF Jessica is with Mike and that Dana thinks Mike is a better father than Brody.

I'm also having a hard time with Carrie wanting to be with / in love with Brody. How exactly does one fall in love with a terrorist????????? He's handsome? Has a great body? Really funny? Has a great job? Soooo he's a terrorist? Easy to look passed at..... REALLY????????? ESPECIALLY for a person who's job is to rid the world OF terrorist....

Also... why was it that ONLY Carrie was able to figure out that Nazir was hiding in that "hidden" area? Of all those people ONLY Carrie could figure it out......

*scratches head*

Good points, I'm Here. I didn't get the part about those special forces people not being able to find Nazir That storlyine was so contrived. That plant was massive. So, in the very least, they would have cordoned it off with security and then painstakenly gone through it inch by inch for so long as it takes. Weeks or months even. They would have to go through secret passages, explore underground tunnels, etc. No way they could search for 2 days and say he wasn't there. NO way. And why not bring in some real light source. That flashlight method didn't work out so well. Plus, don't they have dogs and heatseeking instruments that would have located someone in there? Okay, so we have to swallow that baloney to get to the good stuff.

My favorite part was when Carrie was questioning Roya. Roya says to Carrie, "Have you ever been so in love with someone that they took a hold of you and caused you to do things that you normally wouldn't?" Carrie responds "Yes. Then Roya yells at her. "Well, I haven't ever been that stupid you crazy little whore!" Cracked me up. lol

I kept thinking that Brody's house was going to explode when they opened the front door. Anyone think Brody will survive another season?

I'll speculate and say that Brody does survive and that next week, Quinn lets Brodie escape and he and Carrie disappear together. Will next season consists of Brody and Carrie hiding out? Or will Brody fake his death? Anyone hear of any spoilers? Please put in spoiler tags if you do. I haven't been able to find any.
    I'm here likes this.

+ Reply to Thread