+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Only two episodes left this season. Wow. It's gone so fast!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

After tonights epi, I think Estes is the mole. I'm not at all surprised that Brody let Walden die. Can't wait to see what happens next week.
    Debb70 likes this.

What an exciting episode! I'm still trying to figure it all out.

Can someone help me? I had to miss a few minutes when Brody was on the phone with Nazir, but I did see that Carrie knew that Nazir wanted Brody to get the serial number to the pacer. Since she knew this, why didn't she warn that the VP's life was in danger when she got that cell phone from the truck driver? She told them where she and Nazir were, but she didn't mention the VP's life being in danger.
    Was she protecting Brody? IF so, how will she explain her escape?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Speaking solely from a "24" watcher veteran, I peg Galvez as the mole. He turned up for no reason on the last episode.

There was so much stupid stuff in this last episode, it's hard to account for. Yeah, Nazir might have known about Carrie through Roya, but how did he know her travel schedule, as ALL of his team was arrested at the Waffle House (or whatever) last episode? Why did he even need to capture Carrie to get Brody to get the code for Walden's pace maker when Brody never liked Walden from the start and was only playing along? He'd have done it anyway for Issa. Why does Brody's Blackberry Curve have video chat when mine can't even reliably get email? Why would a "safe house" have picture windows and a roof pool where the SS lets the son of the VP and the daughter of a CIA op/Congressman lounge poolside? I know for a fact that you can't just roam about in the VP's HQ and there'd be cameras/personal eyes on everywhere.

I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the first season; I binged that and these kind of details would have escaped my nonblinking eyes. Maybe it was better and maybe just with these last few eps they've devolved into S7 of 24 and it can get better.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Speaking solely from a "24" watcher veteran, I peg Galvez as the mole. He turned up for no reason on the last episode.

There was so much stupid stuff in this last episode, it's hard to account for. Yeah, Nazir might have known about Carrie through Roya, but how did he know her travel schedule, as ALL of his team was arrested at the Waffle House (or whatever) last episode? Why did he even need to capture Carrie to get Brody to get the code for Walden's pace maker when Brody never liked Walden from the start and was only playing along? He'd have done it anyway for Issa. Why does Brody's Blackberry Curve have video chat when mine can't even reliably get email? Why would a "safe house" have picture windows and a roof pool where the SS lets the son of the VP and the daughter of a CIA op/Congressman lounge poolside? I know for a fact that you can't just roam about in the VP's HQ and there'd be cameras/personal eyes on everywhere.

I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the first season; I binged that and these kind of details would have escaped my nonblinking eyes. Maybe it was better and maybe just with these last few eps they've devolved into S7 of 24 and it can get better.
    What I thought about Nazir knowing Carrie's schedule is that he had the mole keep an eye on her and learn her routine and give him the opportunity to ambush her. I had thought of Galvez being the mole, but then the part about the vice president threw me. Is Galvez really so close to the vice president that he would 1. know he had a pacemaker and 2. know exactly where the box with the serial number was. That is why I wonder if it is someone higher up.

That is the worse safe house ever. It was a place I would want to live for sure, but not if I needed protection. There are way too many ways to get killed there.
    Debb70 likes this.

Yeah, and how would Galvez know Carrie's schedule lately since he has been in the hospital? Being able to know exactly when Carrie was entering that intersection so they could hit her was rather bizarre. What are the odds of that happening? She was in a residential neighborhood. Why?

I want to know what explanation Carrie is going to give as to why she was released. Does she tell on Brody and that he helped kill the VP?

I was thinking exactly the same thing when those teens were lounging on the roof! There were taller buildings all around them!!! Furthermore, when Brody ducked out to talk to Nazir he just walked into another empty apartment. What kind of security is that!?

The thing I find most interesting about Brody is that I don't think he even knows what he is going to do from one moment to the next!

I think the CIA woman who has been at the safe house knows something is up with Brody. When they were in the car and he was telling Saul what he and Carrie last talked about the CIA lady had a look on her face. I think she heard his conversation with Carrie via the surveillance and shes trying to figure out why he's lying.

I'm also curious how the Walden's death will play out. Did Carrie not warn anyone because she thought Brody wouldn't go through with it. More importantly, is it technically possible to hack someone's pacemaker??

I think they are starting to take us down the road that Saul is the mole, but I think he's being framed.

I hope Saul is being framed, because if he's really a mole, it will hurt and he may have to leave the show. I love his character and want him to stay around. He does have some explaning to do though.

I'm not sure how Carrie is going to explain her escape without revealing the Brody thing, but if she does, then Brody goes down for murdering the VP! If she says she broke free, then how? They will figure out she was released.

That whole safehouse thing was bizarre. Upthread I think I mentioned that Brody's wife and Mike could have been on camera when they were making love. Is that lady the only person who works at the safehouse? She drives for them too? She seems odd IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That whole safehouse thing was bizarre. Upthread I think I mentioned that Brody's wife and Mike could have been on camera when they were making love. Is that lady the only person who works at the safehouse? She drives for them too? She seems odd IMO.
    She cannot be the only one working at the safehouse. When Brody stepped out to take the call from Nazir he told a couple of other security-types that he needed to stretch his legs. The safehouse woman wasn't driving for Brody, she was accompanying him in the vehicle when he was going to see Walden.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, and how would Galvez know Carrie's schedule lately since he has been in the hospital? Being able to know exactly when Carrie was entering that intersection so they could hit her was rather bizarre. What are the odds of that happening? She was in a residential neighborhood. Why?

I want to know what explanation Carrie is going to give as to why she was released. Does she tell on Brody and that he helped kill the VP?
    If she drove the same way every day every day on the way in to work and was pretty consistent when she left, that is possible. I know I could be ambushed when I could go in to work based on my habits. I don't even consciously do it, but I leave the house at the same exact time every day. But who knows. I am trying really hard to suspend disbelief. lol.

I thought maybe Carrie is going to protect Brody. Otherwise she surely would have yelled that the VP needs to be warned because they want to hack the pacemaker. I think she will have a difficult time explaining away why Nazir just let her go. I wonder if it will be the same as with Brody--they certainly didn't ask him any hard questions when he was rescued at the beginning of the series and accepted his story without really checking into it.

I am beginning to think Saul was a red herring in the whole who is the mole question. I think he is being framed to discredit him in case he tries to talk about the murdered school children.

+ Reply to Thread