+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Good points about the glasses. I have two pair of reading glasses that I keep with me most of the time, just in case I lose one pair. Even though I don't need them for most reading. But still, it seemed odd, IMO.

Did you notice that when Aileene looked at the wine bottle she was able to read that writing. But when she got the papers she claimed she couldn't. I get it. I have read that prisoners who do not exercise their eyes lose the muscles in them. We may never know if Saul did that on purpose or not. Were his tears fake? Unless Saul is a spy and they reveal it one day, then I guess he's just the angel of death for terrorists who want to kill themselves.

I have one more disc (3 episodes) to go and I'm finished with season 1.

Did the imprinting Brody did with Issa wear off, then, even after being re-indoctrinated? His accepting the nomination to run for congress was supposed to seal the deal with Nazir that he was still on board. Is this question answered in the last three episodes or is everyone still unsure who he is playing?

When you first saw her, did anyone except me expect his wife to extend her lizard queen tongue? She still freaks me out.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I figured the guy at the end had to be somebody BIG... somebody we were not expecting. And dayum, I was right! LOL!!! The man... HIMSELF!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I figured the guy at the end had to be somebody BIG... somebody we were not expecting. And dayum, I was right! LOL!!! The man... HIMSELF!
    I figured it would be him, but I do not understand how they got the number one terrorist in the world into the US undetected. Someone isn't doing their job. I wonder if Abu Nazir will be able to screw with his head and turn him again or if he now sees through him. For some reason, I just don't care about Dana's storyline about killing someone. I think they need to resolve it and get something more interesting to happen. I don't see what any of that has to do with anything.
    Debb70 likes this.

I agree about the Dana thing. Once again the writing gets so sloppy. Okay. The CIA knew that Dana ran off like a crazy person at the police station, upset that she couldn't go to the police. So why don't they seem concerned about how she could blow it by telling a friend, who might call the wrong police people, or going to the media. And Mike knows there is something serious going on with CIA and Brody, but he carts Dana to a stranger's house like it's no big deal? Wouldn't he wonder if it somehow could effect the terrorist risk involving Brody? It's like his brain took a vacation.

And why wouldn't Dana's mom explain to her that there is a difference in murdering someone and being a passenger in a car that accidently hits someone. Why not keep telling her that?

Was Carrie faking it all with Brody in bed or not? I cracked up laughing when Saul kept begging to just give her more time. She was trying her best......(sex sounds in background.) lol

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I thought about this overnight, myself, and who said Abu Nazir was in the US? They showed Brody, Roya and mystery man get into the helicopter. They showed them get out of the heli somewhere else and walk Brody over to where a car was parked and a man got out of the car into shadows and was revealed to be Nazir. Do we know they are still in the US?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Good question. Maybe they are in Mexico or Canada? We shall see. They could be here. Wild things happen in the world of Homeland. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I thought about this overnight, myself, and who said Abu Nazir was in the US? They showed Brody, Roya and mystery man get into the helicopter. They showed them get out of the heli somewhere else and walk Brody over to where a car was parked and a man got out of the car into shadows and was revealed to be Nazir. Do we know they are still in the US?
    My grandmother just came to my house for her weekly Homeland viewing, so I watched it again. What made me think the US was if you look at the building that they meet Abu Nazir there is a sign that says Made in USA, which I wouldn't think would be in Mexico or Canada. Also, I am assuming they are in Virginia or somewhere around, and I wouldn't think a helicopter could get as far as the border without refueling. I looked up ranges and I saw one source that said most helicopters can go 200-400 miles and one that said larger helicopters could go around 745 miles. Now I could be wrong because 1. there are different ranges for different types of helicopters and 2. I have no clue what kind of helicopter that is. But then again, I supposed they could have refueled.

Incidently, I know someone who has the V tv show that Monica Baccarin was on DVD and I borrowed it. She is kind of creepy in that. I keep thinking of her alien self now when I see her.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 11-20-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree about the Dana thing. Once again the writing gets so sloppy. Okay. The CIA knew that Dana ran off like a crazy person at the police station, upset that she couldn't go to the police. So why don't they seem concerned about how she could blow it by telling a friend, who might call the wrong police people, or going to the media. And Mike knows there is something serious going on with CIA and Brody, but he carts Dana to a stranger's house like it's no big deal? Wouldn't he wonder if it somehow could effect the terrorist risk involving Brody? It's like his brain took a vacation.

And why wouldn't Dana's mom explain to her that there is a difference in murdering someone and being a passenger in a car that accidently hits someone. Why not keep telling her that?

Was Carrie faking it all with Brody in bed or not? I cracked up laughing when Saul kept begging to just give her more time. She was trying her best......(sex sounds in background.) lol
    I agree with you about Dana. I think it was a bad move for Estes to send Carrie to the police station to stop them. This is a woman, that he knows Dana knows screwed their dad and also came running like a crazy woman telling her her dad was going to blow himself up. And he thinks it is a good idea for Dana to see Carrie has involvement with her dad in CIA business? He was at that party, why couldn't he have pulled Brody aside and told him there is no way he was going to the cops?

That whole scene with Carrie's sex noises in the background was so hilarious.

Yep. Wild things happen on Homeland. Just because it's physically impossible or implausible, doesn't mean it won't happen on this show. LOL
    Starbucks880 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread