+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    If you have some time, I suggest going on IMDB and reading the thread : Saul again slipped something to that terrorist woman.

very good back and forth. HIGHLY recomm.
    It's true. If you have a terrorist in custody and want them dead at their own hands, just call Saul! lol

Plus, if Saul didn't know Aileen would kill herself, why would he give her so much information? Like he gave her his wife's first name and the city she lives in. Really? A CIA agent give that kind of info to a person convicted of terrorist acts against our country. Bizarre.

Here's a summary from Imdb.
    "Homeland" The Clearing (2012) - Synopsis

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Right, but the that two weeks started, when Brodie told them about the tailor in Gettysburg. When Brodie admitted that the tailor was accidently killed. That's when Carrie said we have had the tailor shop under surveillence for 2 weeks. Then Dana says they hit and killed someone a week ago. It doesn't match. But, it's just one detail to add to many others that don't match IMO. That's the least of my complaints about stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Does anyone know why that Hazir doesn't know that Brodie is working with the CIA? If Saul was searched at the airport and they knew what was on the flashdrive, then why don't they know that Brodie has either been turned or he would be in custody after the CIA saw that video. Do they think Saul took the flashdrive and didn't look at it first? Or did he not make a copy? I don't get it.
    I've watched it twice and maybe I need to watch it a third time. At the end of the episode "Q&A", Carrie drove Brody home. When we see Brody at the start of the next episode "A Gettysburg Address", it seems to me it's the very next morning based on the conversation he and Jessica have. He gets a text from the CIA saying they need him in Langley. When he shows up that day to get started they want him to identify "mystery man" they saw meet with Roya. At 20 minutes into the episode Carrie is standing by "The Board" (with all the pictures lol) and Quinn presses Brody about what he's not saying. Sure he's said he doesn't know "mystery man" but it's obvious he's NOT saying a whole lot. Carrie presses Brody and he finally goes to "The Board" and moves the tailor's picture over to the deceased side. Quinn is angry and says he's had a 6 man surveillance team watching a storefront for a man who's never coming back. Brody angrily replies there was no way for him to know that since they don't tell him anything.

Maybe I need to go back and watch it a third time but for me it all matches. But I love the show, I enjoy it and I'm enjoying it enough to keep moving forward and eagerly awaiting each and every thing that comes next.

I thought some time had passed between "A Gettysburg Address" (when the massacre happened at the tailor shop) and "The Clearing" when the Brody's and Walden's are spending the weekend at Rex Henning's for fundraising/ticket purposes. Dana saying they killed someone a week ago sounds about right to me... give or take.

About the disk they recovered on Saul at the airport, I would have expected what they got was what Saul planted for them to get... i.e. not the real thing but a dummy, perhaps a blank.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Yes, I think the dummy disk was found on Saul, but they know what he really had, so they know he knows about Brody. Maybe there is some explanation for it or maybe they just got sloppy again.

On the time line. You are right about order of things, but when Carrie says they have watched the tailor shop for two weeks, you know two weeks must have lapsed, because they only learned of about the tailor when Brodie told them in interrogation. I chalk that up to sloppy writing. I guess they don't understand that viewers catch those details. It's not just me either. I hear it all around.

Still, it's a pretty good show. I enjoy seeing where they will go with it. I have my speculation that has a hint of spoiler in it. I'll put in spoilers. Part of it, I read somewhere as a spoiler. Then I added to it. So, it's all speculation really.

Prediction for finale:
    I
    Click to see Spoiler:
    predict that some how Nazhir will be killed. It will not be clear if Brody helped cause it or not. Therefore, Brody will be kept on with the CIA. AND Vice-president Walden will be killed too. Those around Nazhir will think that Brody caused it and give him some credit. They may think that Brody can now step in Walden's role, so the terrorist keep Brody in their confidence because they think he is still faithful to them. The viewer may or may not know which scenerio is true. So we keep wondering about Brody's alliances.
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-14-2012 at 01:37 PM.

There's no need to put predictions in spoiler tags
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

Debb - did you read the thread: "Saul again slipped something to that terrorist woman"? Good discussion of if Saul is the mole, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101 View Post
    Debb - did you read the thread: "Saul again slipped something to that terrorist woman"? Good discussion of if Saul is the mole, or not.
    Hmmm.... I couldn't find that, but I look for it again. Are you talking about the glass she cut herself with? Yeah, I got that. When he talks to a terrorist that's in custody, they end up dead. It does make you wonder. I just don't want to believe that Saul could be dirty.

The glass she cut herself with was a lens from Saul's glasses. Is that what you're talking about?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The glass she cut herself with was a lens from Saul's glasses. Is that what you're talking about?
    Yup, tis what she used. As soon as he left her alone the last time, I was worried because the bottle of wine and the glasses. I was glad when the guy immediately came and started removing things (first was the wine). Riddle me this though... why did Saul "conveniently" have a pair of glasses in his shirt-pocket when he wears glasses full time and had them on? They weren't for him, obviously, so why would he be carrying them?
    Debb70 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

On the timeline with the tailor, Brody was instructed to move the tailor because the tailor was on the CIA's radar and they would be monitoring his shop. I haven't gone back and rewatched, but that could be about 2 weeks before Brody told Quinn that the tailor was dead.

The two pairs of glasses made me laugh; both my boss and my secretary have at least two pairs of glasses on them/on their desks, one regular prescription and one (or more) drug store reading glasses. They misplace them frequently and even share sometimes. (They are lucky and don't need much of a prescription; if I "forgot" my glasses, I'd never make it out of the house and down the front steps in one piece.) So maybe it was just "insert plot here", but it read real to me with the wacky people I work with.

Dana's storyline with the hit and run is just getting to the Kim Bauer chased by a mountain lion of level of not caring. Just be done with it and send her and Finn to jail.

But after all of this crazy Patraeus stuff coming out, it makes my suspension of disbelief a heck of a lot easier.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought it was more than coincidence that 2 witnesses committed suicide just after Saul visited them.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread