+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

It was a very intense episode!

Dana was in the right about the car accident, but she really started getting on my nerves. Enough already. I don't think she understands the possible consequences of what could happen. I wonder how shocked she would be if she was taken into custody, interrogated, kept in juvenile detention for a few months, etc. She has no idea that for a felony charge of hit and run involving a death, there could be a long prison sentence. AND Finn could turn the tables on her. He could claim she wanted to drive his new car and SHE was driving when they hit the lady. It's his word against hers. She seems to think it's like admitting you took candy in a store. You admit it, say you're sorry and that's it. She has no idea.

More drama with Carrie and Brody. So is she really just putting all this on for the CIA's benefit or does she really have the hots for Brody?

I love Saul, but hey, you must admit. This is the second in-custody terrorist, who has commited suicide after Saul visits with them. Coinsidence? What was that comment he made to Alaine when he first entered her cell about traveling with her parents from Mexico? ?????

I don't think it was wise for Carrie to give Mike information about terrorist threats. That is going to backfire on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It was a very intense episode!

Dana was in the right about the car accident, but she really started getting on my nerves. Enough already. I don't think she understands the possible consequences of what could happen. I wonder how shocked she would be if she was taken into custody, interrogated, kept in juvenile detention for a few months, etc. She has no idea that for a felony charge of hit and run involving a death, there could be a long prison sentence. AND Finn could turn the tables on her. He could claim she wanted to drive his new car and SHE was driving when they hit the lady. It's his word against hers. She seems to think it's like admitting you took candy in a store. You admit it, say you're sorry and that's it. She has no idea.

More drama with Carrie and Brody. So is she really just putting all this on for the CIA's benefit or does she really have the hots for Brody?

I love Saul, but hey, you must admit. This is the second in-custody terrorist, who has commited suicide after Saul visits with them. Coinsidence? What was that comment he made to Alaine when he first entered her cell about traveling with her parents from Mexico? ?????

I don't think it was wise for Carrie to give Mike information about terrorist threats. That is going to backfire on her.
    With her parents? I thought his comment was referring to when she was caught and he retrieved her from Mexico and drove her to a detention facility in DC.

I'll listen again. Maybe I misunderstood the comment about Mexico.

I do find that I'm having to suspend any sense of reality though with this season's writing. A store explodes killing mulitiple government officers in Gettysburg and no one is talking about it. Wouldn't Brodie's wife and kids talk about how the place that blew up is just across the street where they have lunch last year? It just doesn't make sense IMO.

Time lines are off too. Dana and Finn said they hit the lady a week ago, but Carrie said that the CIA had been watching the tailor shop for 2 weeks after Brody openend up about it. Not matching.

Did anyone see the spoof on SNL?

Anne Hathaway Did A Spoof Of "Homeland" On "SNL"

FORT Fanatic

If you have some time, I suggest going on IMDB and reading the thread : Saul again slipped something to that terrorist woman.

very good back and forth. HIGHLY recomm.
    Debb70 likes this.

I did see this and I kept having flashbacks to it through this last episode!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'll listen again. Maybe I misunderstood the comment about Mexico.

I do find that I'm having to suspend any sense of reality though with this season's writing. A store explodes killing mulitiple government officers in Gettysburg and no one is talking about it. Wouldn't Brodie's wife and kids talk about how the place that blew up is just across the street where they have lunch last year? It just doesn't make sense IMO.

Time lines are off too. Dana and Finn said they hit the lady a week ago, but Carrie said that the CIA had been watching the tailor shop for 2 weeks after Brody openend up about it. Not matching.
    They said they had been watching the tailor shop for two weeks before they moved in on it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I saw SNL, but I thought the sketch was kind of week. I love Anne Hathaway, but her Claire Danes wasn't good.

Jeez. Dial it back a bit, Dana. Never in the history of television has a teenager been that eager to turn herself into the police for vehicular manslaughter. It was obvious from the beginning that Finn was a little pischer. Not surprised that he saved his own skin and bailed on Dana.

I love how there is seemingly NO concern for secrecy with respect to Brody's gig with the CIA. Jessica just blabs about it to Mike. Brody tells Jessica all sorts of things he shouldn't. I happen to know someone who works in that world and that lack of discretion is jaw-dropping.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I did see it on Saturday! Hilarious (and I'm not a fan of Anne Hathaway whatsoever). I have always thought Damian Lewis has a strange way of moving his mouth when he's on Homeland. I don't recall noticing it when I've seen him interviewed though. Go figure. I gotta admit, they spoofed Carried quite well LOL!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    They said they had been watching the tailor shop for two weeks before they moved in on it.
    Right, but the that two weeks started, when Brodie told them about the tailor in Gettysburg. When Brodie admitted that the tailor was accidently killed. That's when Carrie said we have had the tailor shop under surveillence for 2 weeks. Then Dana says they hit and killed someone a week ago. It doesn't match. But, it's just one detail to add to many others that don't match IMO. That's the least of my complaints about stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Does anyone know why that Hazir doesn't know that Brodie is working with the CIA? If Saul was searched at the airport and they knew what was on the flashdrive, then why don't they know that Brodie has either been turned or he would be in custody after the CIA saw that video. Do they think Saul took the flashdrive and didn't look at it first? Or did he not make a copy? I don't get it.

+ Reply to Thread