+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Homeland (Showtime)

FORT Fanatic

Re: Homeland (Showtime)

I don't have Showtime, but am reading a great synopsis of each epi. That said...When Carrie was interrogating Brody and talking about her feelings and their relationship, was she being UNprofessional and out of control, OR was she "playing" him? Thanks.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think I am one of the few people who thinks the show almost jumped the shark last night. The entire interrogation with Brody seemed so pitiful. The approach that Carrie took where she whined about him being really having feelings for her, was way too long. I bet her constant witching about his feelings for her was more painful than the stab wound. LOL Just when I am able to erase visions of Claire Danes in her role of a teenager on My So CAlled Life, and then she goes right back to it. You can't blame her though. She's just reading the lines they gave her...annoying as they were. Still, she just went on and on like a love sick puppy. At some point, will they insist she conduct herself in a more professional manner? NO, I didn't think so. And why did she turn the lights off? Was she playing footsie with Brody under the table? lol Carrie letting him get a nap in was touching.

So we are supposed to believe that since the over zealous CIA guy stabbed Brodie in the hand, that he is now broken and that he has been successfully turned as a double agent, all within 24 hours. And sinse he made a pinky promise to tell the truth and work for the Americans now, all is well. They just drop him off at home and based on less than scout's honor, he will not attempt to blow anyone else up. OH, and they didn't even ask where the bomb vest was?

Okay, enough of that crazy story. The teens did something really stupid. Who knows where that will go. I thought that Nazir was going to go after the Vice-president's son as retaliation for his son being killed, but I guess that's not where they are going. The spoilers I read were pretty close, so, I'll keep my eyes open for those.
    Debb70... I think we're watching two different shows, you and me! LOL!

Carrie wasn't whining about her feelings for him... girlfriend played him BIG TIME... and I loved every single delicious moment of it. She is gooooooood. Peter Quinn was most excellent in his interrogation of Brody and I gained huge respect for him... until the knifing and that's when I lost the newfound respect for him. Quinn did a phenomenal job of setting the table and then serving dinner. Carrie brought in the dessert and, again, I loved every single delicious moment of it. Conduct herself in a more professional manner? She used what she had at her disposal... she knew she could get to him on that emotional level and she was 100% dead set, right on when it came to saying the reason he didn't go thru with blowing up everyone in the bunker was because Dana called him. ONCE AGAIN, Carrie is spot on!

She didn't turn the lights out... she turned off the cameras. This was evidenced by Quinn and Saul seeing "NO SIGNAL" on the closed circuit tv monitors. If the lights were simply turned off, there would've still be a cc-tv signal.

She let him get a nap in so he'd let his guard down. He'd be more relaxed and feel safer. Again, another emotional tactic... and it worked.

I don't for one moment believe he's turned again and is now solely working for the good of the US government. I don't believe this any more than the CIA does. They're totally surveilling him. They're using him. The only way he'll get out of this is if he is dead... either by his own hand or another's. Brody is the best chance the CIA has of getting to Nazir. At least now they know Roya (journalist) is part of Nazir's network and they'll surely be watching her too.

And why would they have asked where the vest was when he kept denying he ever had a vest. As an aside, as viewers WE don't know what happened to the vest. IIRC, we saw him trying/wanting/attempting to blow up with the vest in the finale of S1.... at the start of S2 we were "6 months later" and were never shown the immediate aftermath of the assassination attempt.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 10-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Realitychick and Critical like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I'll accept your theory, but I still have issues with Carrie. She admitted she lost it when she was talking to Brody in the bar. Recall how she went a little frenzied when he asked her about the electricial stimulation treatment. That's when she says he caught on that she was on to him. Still, she ignored her supervisors direct orders to walk away. It was just bullheaded and foolish IMO. Still, it gave us something exciting to watch. lol

Oh, while Brody intially denied that he had a bomb, he eventually admitted he had one, because he told them a tailor in Gettysburg made it for him and even gave them the tailor's name.

I realize many fans adore Carrie's character, but I don't care for her. I just have to suspend reality to watch her. She's a major part of the show, so I have to get over it. lol

Oh yeah! LOL! He must've finally admitted it because I remember him telling her about the tailor in Gettysburg and the conversation about "and they're all dead now except you". Oh yeah!!! And now I wanna know what happened to that vest!!!!!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Carrie wasn't whining about her feelings for him... girlfriend played him BIG TIME... and I loved every single delicious moment of it. She is gooooooood. Peter Quinn was most excellent in his interrogation of Brody and I gained huge respect for him... until the knifing and that's when I lost the newfound respect for him. Quinn did a phenomenal job of setting the table and then serving dinner. Carrie brought in the dessert and, again, I loved every single delicious moment of it. Conduct herself in a more professional manner? She used what she had at her disposal... she knew she could get to him on that emotional level and she was 100% dead set, right on when it came to saying the reason he didn't go thru with blowing up everyone in the bunker was because Dana called him. ONCE AGAIN, Carrie is spot on!
    I want to like this TEN times! That whole "interrogation" scene was riveting. Carrie used everything she could to get him to trust her. She totally played him. Does she still have feelings for him? Probably. She still kept her eye on the ball and USED those feelings to manipulate Brody. I loved that little reveal when he learned that she was with Dana when she called him in the bunker.

I'm sure they'll be watching him like a hawk. I know I wouldn't trust him to help them and NOT try to tip off Nazir. If Brody became a good guy, the show would lose the cat and mouse element that makes it so great to watch.

I'm going to have to go back and re-watch. Did we see what he did after the aborted bombing attempt? I vaguely remember something with the vest, but maybe not....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Happy HOMELAND-day!!!!
    (I used to really dislike Sunday night because it's the end of the weekend and we have to go back to work/school/routine... but now I look forward to it!!!)

Tonight's show was awesome!

OMG, the CIA sure is having a streak of bad luck with this project. Obviously, someone is inteferring. Who is it? I'm thinking it's not Brody at this point. They really do need to step up though. Handling the search of the tailor shop so casually was a big mistake. Who in the heck were those masked men anyway? I'm thinking that Estes, Saul and the new guy are not doing such a great job at this point.

I lauged a lot at some of Carrie's comments this week. I wish she would really put on her thinking cap.

So, is Brody's wife going to keep believing in him after what Mike told her?

What a great episode! I was thinking it was "good" up until about 42 minutes in and then all of a sudden it was like HOLY &#*$!!!!! Quinn was so close to finding that cache.... so so sooooo close. I was guessing although he initially survived, he later died since Carrie spoke of 6 (7?) "casualties"... though technically it doesn't have to mean deaths, it could mean injured so maybe he's just injured???.

Roya was very smart in her meeting with "Mystery Man"... in public but in a location where the running water would mask their conversation should anyone be trying to listen/record-it. No surprise since Nazir's people are anything but stupid. I'm still not 100% on-board with Virgil's brother Max. He doesn't seem "right" to me so I wonder if there is something up with him???

I love the stuff with Finn and Dana. He's really showing is true colors now isn't he!

And Mike? Yeah, he's gonna put 2 and 2 together come up with 4. Between him and Lauder they've already figured out it was indeed Brody that killed Walker and they were co-conspirators in the events that resulted in the shooting death of Elizabeth Gaines. They just haven't been able to get anyone to confirm they are right. How frustrating! And it reminds me of how right Carrie was but couldn't get anyone to confirm it for so long.

I did not like the ending. Did not like it one bit.

I have to watch the episode again!!
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

Happy Homeland day! less than 10 minutes to go

+ Reply to Thread