+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Suburgatory

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Suburgatory

New comedy on ABC. Is anybody watching?
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Surburgatory

We love this show!! Probably because, sadly, this is where we live; the plastic stay at home moms, the mani/pedis with the big coffee drinks, the country club, chauffering the kids around in the SUVs - all of it - this is what we see every day...and we make fun of it ourselves. I can't wait to see where this show goes; we thought the premiere was hilarious!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I really enjoyed it. I love Jeremy Sisto and his "daughter" on the show. I'm not a huge fan of Cheryl Hines, but I'm willing to overlook that.

I'm trying to not get too depressed over Jeremy Sisto playing someone's father!

I'm in the middle of watching right now, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Cheryl Hines is perfect casting. I never watched her on Curb Your Enthusiasm because Larry David gives me hives, but I loved her in Waitress.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My husband and I watched it tonight. I loved it and he said we could keep it on the DVR schedule...which translates to "I liked it, too".
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

After having watched the whole episode, I'll definitely keep watching. I liked the lead actors, especially the girl. She's got a little Kristen Stewart vibe....and I mean that in a good way
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    After having watched the whole episode, I'll definitely keep watching. I liked the lead actors, especially the girl. She's got a little Kristen Stewart vibe....and I mean that in a good way
    You mean if Kristen Stewart could act? I had the same thought. She resembles her, only cute and perky instead of dark and moody.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Not in love with it yet - but anything with Jeremy Sisto is automatically watchable......droool
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    We love this show!! Probably because, sadly, this is where we live; the plastic stay at home moms, the mani/pedis with the big coffee drinks, the country club, chauffering the kids around in the SUVs - all of it - this is what we see every day...and we make fun of it ourselves. I can't wait to see where this show goes; we thought the premiere was hilarious!!!
    I loved this...favorite new comedy for sure! And for exactly the same reasons you said. While I'm no stay at home country club mom, I certainly know several. I may be plastic free, but I will confess to an SUV, a love of Starbucks, and regular pedi's There were many frighteningly recognizable things to laugh at....but there was also an undertone of sweetness which was nice...like when when CH bought the daughter a pretty, feminine bra - her heart was in the right place, and it showed she does actually have one This is the second new show...along with Person Of Interest...that I am really looking forward to the next episode. I hope this one is able to keep up the laughs and sticks around for awhile!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fanatic

I only watched because it was after The Middle and before Modern Family, but it was actually pretty good. Also, it got a GREAT time slot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast