+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Two and a Half Men with Ashton Kutcher

Re: 2 1/2 Men - with Ashton Kutcher

we are done with it. Don't even miss it!
    captain likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I agree with everything you've written. My only point of thought is with what I've bolded. Wouldn't you feel that way if you had to look after someone like Ashton's character?
    Also, they were together long before he was a millionaire, so it isn't like she's a trophy wife whose purpose in life is look beautiful. They were high school sweethearts, right?

After the tabloids told about Ashton having sex with that girl the night before his and Demi's wedding anniversary, I saw a post from a blogger referring to him saying that they should rename the show Two Men and a Halfwit.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe they should have just recast Charlie Sheen's role with Kutcher....he's sounding like a younger version....

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I actually think the show is improving. I laughed so hard at Monday's episode. I try not to let a celebrity's personal life skew my opinion of his work so I'm not getting caught up in the whole Ashton/Demi drama. Honestly I never saw that as a long term successful relationship so none of this surprises me. He marred a woman with kids when he was in his 20's. He was bound to want out eventually. Men cheat. Women cheat. It's just part of life. I've come to expect it so I won't compare him to Charlie Sheen or call him a halfwit. I'm glad the show is improving because Jon Cryer is great. The line of the night (and season so far) came in Monday's show:

Walden: Do I look OK?
    Alan: No. I look OK. You look like the man women fantasize about when I'm on top of them.

That's brilliant. I was off the show for a bit early on, but I will stick with it now because I think it's hitting its stride.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fan

Two and a Half Men

did anyone see the 'Series' Finale ! I have watched the show on and off since Charlie Sheen left and it did get much better in the last 2 seasons.....but the shows last show was AMAZING...little twists like the 'animation scenes with Rose'
    and when Alan's dopey son, Jake came back ! and of course the last scene with PRODUCER CHUCK LORRIE....GOOD JOB...WILL MISS ALL OF YOU!
    AmyKay likes this.

Re: Two and a Half Men

It was a very different episode! Most of the time they were making jokes with a double meaning and looking at the camera like they knew we were there! Seeing the look a like of Charlie come up to the front door only to have a piano drop on him and then on Chick Lorre was something I did not see coming! Thats one ending I'll never forget. I like how they included just about everyone who was on the show over the years.

I watched it too. I haven't watched the show much in quite a while. Just every so often when nothing else looked any good.
    I loved the show the first few years. Alan was by far my favorite character. And their mother. But then it either got old, or just too raunchy. Alan lost whatever he had the first few years & just became a bad, desperate imitator of Charlie. When Charlie Sheen left & Ashton Kutcher took his place, I watched for a while for the new blood & situations, but that got old too. It became same old/same old.

When I saw that it was the finale, I figured I didn't want to miss it. I loved it! I loved the way the whole show poked fun at itself, the actors did the same to themselves. I liked that Jake stopped back in & that it featured Rose in all her obsessive craziness. Berta hadn't changed a bit either.
    I loved the end with the pianos & that Chuck Lorre got in on the fun & poked a little fun at himself too.

All in all a satisfying finale to the series.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

I, like Miss Scarlet, was more of a fan in the beginning. I totally agree that it became too one note, and I tried watching after Charlie left but I just couldn't hang. I did make it a point to watch the finale and I loved it. Loved how they made fun of themselves, and brought so many little things back, and little "charlie sheen-isms" into it. I'm glad they "included" him in the finale as he was a big reason the show was a success.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:The FoRT's Best Little Sister And Social Media Mogul

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Two and a Half Men with Ashton Kutcher

Ditto to the above....but I had two questions... did they explain why the boy Walden adopted wasn't there? And, did anyone read the card at the end...it said something about wanting Charlie Sheen to be on the final show, but I couldn't read fast enough to make out the rest.

I loved how they included a lot of Charlie's actual rants from the time he was fired in the script.

And the asides about the changes over time...e.g., that Jake was originally smart and became dumb as that was "funnier"....

It was nice they had Jake come back (looking, I have to say, not nearly as god as Jake with a soldier's haircut! and I'm a fan of long hair!), and I have to say I respected the actor who played Jake for the things he said about the crass values of the show. That gradually changed during the Walden period, but really made me uncomfortable in the early years, especially in a show with a kid on it. I didn't watch much then.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-22-2015 at 01:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast