+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2 1/2 Men - with Ashton Kutcher

2 1/2 Men - with Ashton Kutcher

SWo, what did everyone think of the show sans Charlie?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Re: 2 1/2 Men - with Ashton Kutcher

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    SWo, what did everyone think of the show sans Charlie?
    I watched it but it isn't the same in the laughs department and Ashton Kutcher...well lets just say his character on here isn't that great. I will give it a few more shows of watching it but so far it isn't that funny for me without Charlie on there

I watched it and really liked it. I am a fan of everyone in the cast, but never watched before because I can't stand Charlie Sheen. I'll probably keep watching, especially with the addition of Judy Greer and Joe Mangianello.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I liked the show with Charlie, but I am liking it without him too. I think Ashton fits perfectly. Wasn't sure when they announced he was the replacement, but I have to say, the show works well with him. Loved the premiere....especially the Dharma and Greg bit. Always loved their show and still miss it. Thomas Gibson stepped right back into the Greg role as though he'd never left. For a moment it was hard to even picture him in his more serious role on Criminal Minds.

Anyway, with so few decent sitcoms on TV, Two and a Half Men is one I will definitely continue to watch.
    AmyKay likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I watched the premier... because, well you just had to, right? I was a fan of Charlie and Two and a Half Men too. Have to say I enjoyed the parts of the premier that focused on the original main characters and the creative parts having old tv characters touring Charlies house... but did not love Ashtons character and the way they tried to tie him into the stories--just lacked chemistry.

I haven't watched yet this week but will give it a shot since I realize it can take a few episodes to develop characters, chemistry and story lines. Not having alot of hope though. Ashton seems to be playing the same old-same old (Kelso) character that he does in most of his movies. This one just has alot of money!

I only watched the first segment of the premiere, once Ashton showed up, I was out for good. Charlie Sheen was 2.5 Men - love him or hate him, love the show or hate the show - he was the show. At least in my books. The show was lacking the last few seasons anyway - I give this show maybe another season before it's cancelled.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I only watched the first segment of the premiere, once Ashton showed up, I was out for good. Charlie Sheen was 2.5 Men - love him or hate him, love the show or hate the show - he was the show. At least in my books. The show was lacking the last few seasons anyway - I give this show maybe another season before it's cancelled.
    I neither love nor hate Charlie Sheen, and he was never the show for me. In fact, I always found him to be the least interesting character, and to have the least amount of acting ability. Jon Cryer, on the other hand, I just love. And the women? They have some fantastic women on that show - Conchata Farrell, Holland Taylor, Melanie Lynskie - all a thousand times more interesting than Charlie Sheen. I haven't seen the new version yet, but if all those people named (and Ryan Stiles, fingers crossed), then I will continue to watch.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

not really liking it too much. Going to give it a couple more weeks, but it has quickly gone from Must see to meh DVR it and watch it if we have time.

I watched the premiere - like everybody it seems!! - but I did feel the lack of chemistry between the characters.
    I used to really like Jon Cryer's character, but in his scenes with Ashton, he just came off as whiny and not at all endearing as he had been.

I may try it 1 more time but, for me, Charlie was the glue that brought them all together. That glue seems to be missing.
    I also think that when a main character on a show has to be sans clothes throughout the episode, that show has jumped the shark!
    JulieAnn likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I didn't like it at all - too depressing! Who needs that?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast