+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

Re: Terra Nova

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    I just wish they would get the Josh portion of the series over with. His portion is so predictable. Josh eventually gets gf to come through the gate. She comes through. Things are great at first, but turns out she is [insert common problem here (working for sixers, can't stand being in Terra Nova, prefers being in the future, a total jerk)]. Josh eventually realizes that he likes girl already in Terra Nova better. Original gf gets killed by dinosaur while fleeing to be with the sixers.

Are you a writer for this show.....?

This is so predictable

Show was so boring tonight! I love Maddy's romance with the officer guy though. Can't stand watching the bartender or Josh.

Next week looks better with Kira and Tyler fighting together.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, finally beginning to get some idea what is going on with the Sixers and the exiled son. Frankly I can see why the people of the future might want some help from the people of the past....after all they are sending a fair amount of stuff and people to the past, not surprising that they think of it as a colony and want the colony to help the motherland in some way. Of course we know what always happens eventually with colonies.... And is already happening on Terra Nova. I think the commander is underestimating his people...they'd probably all react like he is. If the future could get stuff from the past what's to stop them from sending troops on the next pilgramage to force the colonists to do what the future wants. Of course many probably do have relatives in the future still, that they'd want to help, but I think they'd still rather it be a one way bridge.
    Of course maybe going to solar power in the future would clean up some of that smog in the future...surely they must be running out of fossil fuel if there are that many people... Unless they want to mine the dinosaur age planet not sure what they want from it...maybe drugs,etc. And don't I recall that the fossil fuel was mostly formed from the decayed remains of the period the dinosaurs lived in... so maybe there's no fuel to mine yet?
    Anyway, from the exposition we heard today I guess it isn't that I missed what was happening due to missing shows, it's that it hadn't been explained yet.
    One thing I was noticing at the end of the festival scene, being annoyed by the commander's cornpone Southern accent, is that there are not a lot of darker looking people in Terra Nova. Some South Asians, but not a lot of people of African descent, or even East Asian....certainly not reflective of the world population as we know it today. That's aside from the leader of the Sixers of course. What country is the other end of the tunnel supposed to be located in?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    any guesses as to whom the spy is???? they've thrown the bartender at us too many times..he may be worker with the sixers but he is not the spy...I was wondering about Malcom maybe?????
    My bet is that it will be a minor character that is in every episode. Just as an example, maybe the woman seems to be the 2nd in command that reports to Taylor or Jim's daughter's boy friend. I doubt its Malcolm, they seem to like the interplay between Jim and him to much. To back up the 2nd in command, statements like "They seemed to know the route we were taking..." wouldn't really work with Malcolm. I doubt he would know those type of details in real world scenarios, but of course this isn't real world.
    Last edited by marauder; 11-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    What country is the other end of the tunnel supposed to be located in?
    From the Terra Nova Wikipedia page. Assuming someone much more interested in the show then I am put it on there "At Hope Plaza, a massive ring shaped structure in Chicago, scientists discover a rift in space-time that allows people to travel 85 million years back in time to the late Cretaceous period of a prehistoric Earth."

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

More questions (sorry): How come the relatively new family is so important? Dad's the "chief of police," Mom's the head Doctor, oldest daughter got to MC the play, youngest daughter had the lead role. Guess the son is the blacksheep of the family or is he the head "bad boy" now?

How come when a bunch of people from the future (our future) go back in time they lose all desire for modern music and dance? In the last episode they had a celebration that seemed to include jigs, square dancing and mid-18th century music. No hip hop? No jazz? No rock? No metal? No dirty dancing?

Why do they eat apples on a stick?
    pfeifferdcat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    More questions (sorry): How come the relatively new family is so important? Dad's the "chief of police," Mom's the head Doctor, oldest daughter got to MC the play, youngest daughter had the lead role. Guess the son is the blacksheep of the family or is he the head "bad boy" now?

How come when a bunch of people from the future (our future) go back in time they lose all desire for modern music and dance? In the last episode they had a celebration that seemed to include jigs, square dancing and mid-18th century music. No hip hop? No jazz? No rock? No metal? No dirty dancing?

Why do they eat apples on a stick?
    It looks as if much of the society is based on agriculture, as that makes sense they want to be self sustaining. Also, that looked like a candied apple therefore the stick.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, finally beginning to get some idea what is going on with the Sixers and the exiled son. Frankly I can see why the people of the future might want some help from the people of the past....after all they are sending a fair amount of stuff and people to the past, not surprising that they think of it as a colony and want the colony to help the motherland in some way. Of course we know what always happens eventually with colonies.... And is already happening on Terra Nova. I think the commander is underestimating his people...they'd probably all react like he is. If the future could get stuff from the past what's to stop them from sending troops on the next pilgramage to force the colonists to do what the future wants. Of course many probably do have relatives in the future still, that they'd want to help, but I think they'd still rather it be a one way bridge.
    Of course maybe going to solar power in the future would clean up some of that smog in the future...surely they must be running out of fossil fuel if there are that many people... Unless they want to mine the dinosaur age planet not sure what they want from it...maybe drugs,etc. And don't I recall that the fossil fuel was mostly formed from the decayed remains of the period the dinosaurs lived in... so maybe there's no fuel to mine yet?
    Anyway, from the exposition we heard today I guess it isn't that I missed what was happening due to missing shows, it's that it hadn't been explained yet.
    One thing I was noticing at the end of the festival scene, being annoyed by the commander's cornpone Southern accent, is that there are not a lot of darker looking people in Terra Nova. Some South Asians, but not a lot of people of African descent, or even East Asian....certainly not reflective of the world population as we know it today. That's aside from the leader of the Sixers of course. What country is the other end of the tunnel supposed to be located in?
    The birth mom looked East Indian as does Shannon's wife.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    Lead role of mom and dad was explained in the first episode. Sounds like Terra Nova when they have a need puts out a request when the gate is open for specific types of personnel or even specific people. They requested a head medical doc and based on comments by Malcolm he specifically requested her. Dad, chief of police because they didn't have a police force, just an army and he saved Taylor in the first episode. [sarcasm]The rest, just because don't you realize that the newest families in any community immediately take on the most important jobs. People in those jobs always step aside to let the newbies take over.[/sarcasm] Actual reason, they have these actors being paid needing a certain amount of screen time by their contract so they have to write them in somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    Dad, chief of police because they didn't have a police force, just an army and he saved Taylor in the first episode.
    Actually, the dad broke out of prison & snuck into TN. The youngest daughter was also not allowed to go, they snuck her in in the backpack.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread