+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

Re: Terra Nova

Will it be on this Monday due to the World Series?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

^^^ No, the World Series takes that time slot on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    ^^^ No, the World Series takes that time slot on Monday!
    Thanks much.

blahhhhhhhhhhh on the World Series...I missed not having Terra Nova tonight can't wait til next week
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Is there a plot? Other characters? I'm too busy drooling over Jason O'Mara to notice.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I found out where they got the idea for sending people to another timeline because earth is dying scenario. I just watched an old SciFi movie called Millenium with essentially the same plot but their agents from a dying future go into the past to "save" those who were to die such as in a plane crash then move them into a new timeline world they don't show us. Their tag line at the end was "Move into the Light." Cheesy, but I made the connection with the original story for Terra Nova.

The reason they grabbed people from the past is that earthlings in their future time are all dying and unable to reproduce - thus the fresh meat.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I found out where they got the idea for sending people to another timeline because earth is dying scenario. I just watched an old SciFi movie called Millenium with essentially the same plot but their agents from a dying future go into the past to "save" those who were to die such as in a plane crash then move them into a new timeline world they don't show us. Their tag line at the end was "Move into the Light." Cheesy, but I made the connection with the original story for Terra Nova.

The reason they grabbed people from the past is that earthlings in their future time are all dying and unable to reproduce - thus the fresh meat.
    Did the writers or producers say specifically that they got the idea of Terra Nova from that particular movie? Because the concept of is not new. It's the same concept behind the TV series "The 4400" which ran on USA from 2004 through 2007.

Oct 31, 2011

Seriously, you have a patrol with only one person in the middle of the night in very hostile country and extremely nasty creatures and think nothing will happen how incredibly stupid. Extremely lazy writers who also have a low opinion of their viewers.

Josh, the son, stupidest teenager ever and he lives to pass on his DNA how sad for the human race.

Josh is such a weak point for me. His character is so insufferable and miserable. It's irritating how stupid he is!

Yeah! And he can't even do teenage angst well. Seriously, from day one I wish a raptor had eaten him that's how nonessential I feel this character is. I feel both daughters have so much more potential to grow and develop as human beings that Josh is just a waste of space.

What surprises me is that one would think there would be more than one Terra Nova base cause this one doesn't look that large. Taylor can't control them all so I don't get the power struggle between the future powers and Taylor and whoever is backing him. Really, if the powers behind the sixers are that rich and powerful they don't need to have this stupid power struggle they could just send more and more of their own people back into the pas and take over by attrition and putting their people into key positions. I am also surprised that the Powers That Be (read governments) are not dumping their criminals into the past as that is how England solved it's criminal population by deporting them to Australia.

As far as that one soldier who killed Foster. Did he really expect the same punishment as the guy who originally confessed to the crime. He committed premeditated murder because he owned money (a gambling debt) to Foster and then let another person take the blame for it.

+ Reply to Thread