+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

Re: Terra Nova

Terra Nova - Proving that no matter how far into the future or past you go, teenagers are still a bunch of morons.

Otherwise - good. It will be interesting to learn about the "secret reasons" for Terra Nova, the real motivations of the Sixers, etc.
    Also, maybe Skye is the leak - how did she know the injured Sixer they found in the vehicle?
    Well, the Sixers did live at Terra Nova before splintering out. And Skye said she was from the 5th pilgrimage so she was there when they came. What I wasn't clear on was what exactly is her relationship to/with Taylor with regards to their conversation at the end.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Since her father was one of the security forces who was killed and then her mother died of illness, I got the impression that he has been looking out for her. Now whether she is playing on that kindness is another question. She sure has a "temptress" way about her. Otherwise, family dynamic follows you no matter where you are or when. It is interesting to get to know one family being integrated into the process.

They left the dying future in their time slip to bring humanity back to a time of peace and abundance - but, like, the family dynamic, the human dynamic also follows them. At the end of the first episode, Taylor speaks of a coming war with the sixers. Guess that peace thing didn't work out.

This is on my schedule, and unless it gets too soapy, I'll continue to watch.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

For me, it was somewhere between Jurrasic Park and Land of the Lost. ITA with the person who said 2 hours was a lot for the premiere. There was an awful lot of information in that time too. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I like Jason O'Mara a lot, so he might keep me watching for a while. I can watch it OnDemand, so that might make it easier for me to keep up with it.

I thought it was dangeously close to crossing the line into cheesy SyFy movie. Not that I don't enjoy those, but I don't think that's what Fox was going for.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as much as I love it...but of course I am a sci fy junkie it probably won't last shows I love never do and the last couple of years sci fy just isn't being watched
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I am another who loves sci fi. I liked this show -- didn't love it -- but it shows promise and is among the few new shows that I find entertaining of those that have aired so far. I'll definitely watch more episodes and give it some time to develop.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

After reading the comments here, I watched it on Demand today. It felt more like a movie to me and I liked that aspect of it. I enjoyed it enough to keep watching. Plus, I'm a huge O'Mara fan and love him in pretty much everything he is in.

What I don't understand is why did they go back in time so far? They couldn't go back to a time AFTER the dinosaurs? I'm not sure I'd want to live in constant fear of being eaten..
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

What I didn't get was the glyphs that they found at the waterfall, they looked really old, yet the leader of the Sixers said that they were left by the colony commanders "missing" son.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    After reading the comments here, I watched it on Demand today. It felt more like a movie to me and I liked that aspect of it. I enjoyed it enough to keep watching. Plus, I'm a huge O'Mara fan and love him in pretty much everything he is in.

What I don't understand is why did they go back in time so far? They couldn't go back to a time AFTER the dinosaurs? I'm not sure I'd want to live in constant fear of being eaten..
    I wondered that too until my daughter said gee mom its a rip in the time/space thingy and you don't get to choose where it goes too..it goes where it goes from where the rip is..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What I didn't get was the glyphs that they found at the waterfall, they looked really old, yet the leader of the Sixers said that they were left by the colony commanders "missing" son.
    the girl..can't remember her name that just got there with her family ..the math genius is gonna figure out what they are..personally I think they are a way to get back to the future and her brother will try to use them sooner or later to get his g/f

I do hope this is a new stream in time because if its not then they only have 20 million years..lol if you believe science because the earth went through many many changes and everything was destroyed 65 million years ago

Yah, when is the ice age coming...and the meteor? I think it is cool that they factored in the distance of the moon, though.

O'Mara! It just donned on me that they must have cancelled "Chance" for him to be doing this show. I really liked that show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread