+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

LG.

Re: Terra Nova

Mr. LG thought the ship in the Badlands was also connected to the Bermuda Triangle. Maybe we'll see Amelia Earhart if we get another season. Bummer that Shannon son didn't even get to say "hi" to his girlfriend before she got blown up, but I'm glad that Shannon older daughter's boyfriend survived the bombing. And yes, Jim Shannon rocks, and so does his wife. I hope this show gets another season.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm glad that the girlfriend saw Mr. Shannon and got a welcoming hug, so at least she died thinking her boyfriend really cared about her. Since Skye is obviously going to hook up with the Shannon kid they needed to get the ex out of the way in a way that didn't make him look like a jerk.

I love the Bermuda Triangel idea of the Badlands!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

I think it was cut off from the future to the past as well. There were explosions behind Shannon and the dinosaur chasing him on the bridge through the portal. I assumed that whole gateway was destroyed...
    The gateway was destroyed, but Shannon made it back to it in the knick of time. When the scientist detonated something to disable the portal, it was so Shannon couldn't come back through that portal. That would have given the whole thing away and they would have killed him on the spot. With it not functioning, Shannon had to re-enter at another point, away from the bad guys with guns...lol

I loved the finale. I'm praying it was just the season and not the series.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm glad that the girlfriend saw Mr. Shannon and got a welcoming hug, so at least she died thinking her boyfriend really cared about her.
    Shannon's stupidity caused her her life. I wonder if he ever admits that to his son. Shannon runs up to hug her, right in front of the portal and they just stand there, at a time when everyone was on guard because bad things were expected to pass though. Pull the girl aside and then welcome her!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Shannon's stupidity caused her her life. I wonder if he ever admits that to his son. Shannon runs up to hug her, right in front of the portal and they just stand there, at a time when everyone was on guard because bad things were expected to pass though. Pull the girl aside and then welcome her!
    Yeah, good point...they hustled the other family away....

OK, Taylor answered how many people are in a pilgrimage. He said there were a 100 colonists in the 11th pilgrimage.

Is Lucas nuts or what telling Skye not to betray him again. Her main allegiance was to her mother. The "Sixers" were blackmailing her why would she have any kind of loyalty to someone (either Mira or Lucas) who threaten to kill her mother? Yes, Lucas is wrapped.

Seriously, a career soldier stupidly sacrificing herself like Wash did? That was piss poor writing and just plain lazy.

Oh, notify your allies of your coordinates by etching the numbers on a bullet. Yeah, seriously, who would look? Better yet how did they do it and make it legible? Again lazy writing.

Over all I liked the first hour of the finale but I don't like the writers and producers treating the audience as if we are stupid and would accept crappy plot points.

Oh, at that time in our planet's history there was one continent and the Phoenix Company was planning to deforest half of it and then kill half of the continents animals. Who are these people? Can we send some raptors to their domes?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Finished with part 2 of the finale. Liked how it ended. The mystery of the Badlands was done well. Hope it makes it back. I wonder if the networks will perhaps go to a 13 episode format for some shows? Look at Primeval on BBC America. Season 5 was what only 6 episodes long but it was enough to forward the story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Oh, notify your allies of your coordinates by etching the numbers on a bullet. Yeah, seriously, who would look? Better yet how did they do it and make it legible? Again lazy writing.

Oh, at that time in our planet's history there was one continent and the Phoenix Company was planning to deforest half of it and then kill half of the continents animals. Who are these people? Can we send some raptors to their domes?
    I just got done watching the season finale (& I hope it is a SEASON finale) & I have a couple of comments.

First off, I could actually see someone like Taylor doing the bullet etching bit. He's the type who would.

Second, didn't these writers, or the characters for that matter, ever see Back to the Future? Or any other time travel movies for that matter????? It's always stressed "Change the past, & you change the future". The Terra Novans are trying to live in as much harmony as possible with both the wildlife & the habitat. Just creating a living environment for themselves in a isolated area. If those Phoenix people strip mine the planet, kill off the wildlife & plant life, there won't be anything left to ship the stuff to, or anyone there to ship it to. As they say in time travel movies: they'll "cease to exist". Like Marty McFly, they'll see themselves disappearing into thin air. LOL
    They'd be destroying the viability of all life to continue into their "future".
    Any movie watching 12 year old could have told them that. And it's not just movie logic, it makes sense too.
    Who's writing this stuff? They should have run that plot point past their children first.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Miss Scarlet, I could be wrong, but I think they addressed this. Something about Terra Nova being on a different time plane than the current time.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

A parallel universe kind of thing...I guess the warp crosses universes as well as time!

+ Reply to Thread