+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Terra Nova

Don't forget, for those you taping---two hour show 8-10 Monday.

well...here we go..hang on for the ride our 2 hour season finale
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

i realize we will probably have some deaths on tonights show can I just say I hope that one of them is Lucas

Great season finale. Sure hope it wasn't the series finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Great season finale. Sure hope it wasn't the series finale.
    I totally agree....leaves it open letting us know that the fracture opens in other places and other times..interesting...very interesting if it renews its gonna be a race between Lucas and Maddy as to who gets the equations done first and can find the fracture and control it...IDK how Lucas could survive that though

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ha, I was right that they decided to try to survive in the Cretaceous rather than leae the portal open. The ships head though implies other people (a ship full?) have come through...at least...as ButterflyFaery said, so it won't just be "Survivor in the Cretaceous" if it continues, and there won't, potentially, just be the two thousand soldiers and Lucas to compete against. (I"m guessing 2000 as there are 1000 or so who came through as settlers, and they said something about two to one odds... of course that was in reference to the earlier battle that Wash was citing, but I got the feeling that was the ball park.)
    Good finale...loved the dino in the future!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    loved the dino in the future!!!
    Yeah!! I'm thinking a little Rescue Remedy might have calmed the big boy down, LOL. Why wasn't he right behind Shannon when Shannon came back through the portal? And since Shannon could travel at least back in time, what was the extent of Malcolm's sabotage of the control panel, just affecting the other direction?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I'm guessing the sabotage was just to the "to the future" path and not the reverse. Frankly you'd think they'd want to get as many soldiers to the future as possible, so there's be fewer in the past, but I guess that might have messed up Shannon's work at the other end to have had ever more soldiers coming in.

I was also sorry to see that Lucas didn't die, but I guess you need a supervillian, and one who's a good scientist/theoretician (if not engineer) to hang around in the past. Plus of course the whole issue with his dad for drama. Speaking of that engineer issue....Lucas was a good enough engineer to get the gate to send HIM to the future, so it seems odd that he couldn't scale it up to allow trucks to go to the future and had to depend so helplessly on one of the "good guy" science guys.

Yeah - that Lucas is a wily one. And smarmy too - the whole "brother/sister" scenes made me squirm in their skeeviness. I did like the whole parallel or juxtaposition if you will, between the concept of Taylor as a failure with Lucas and yet is saved by someone who views him as a surrogate father when Skye shot Lucas to save Taylor.

Finally some dino-carnage!!! Need much much more of that next season.

I liked the finale. I thought it had good action, resolved some stuff and set things up for next season. Now we can find out all about The Badlands. My theory on the ship - Bermuda Triangle!!!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I thought it was a good finale too. They definitely set it up for a season 2 and I'd love to know if there're ways for other humans to have gone back.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing the sabotage was just to the "to the future" path and not the reverse. Frankly you'd think they'd want to get as many soldiers to the future as possible, so there's be fewer in the past, but I guess that might have messed up Shannon's work at the other end to have had ever more soldiers coming in.
    I think it was cut off from the future to the past as well. There were explosions behind Shannon and the dinosaur chasing him on the bridge through the portal. I assumed that whole gateway was destroyed...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread