+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

Re: Terra Nova

OK folks the season finale is on Monday, December 19th, 2011 at 8pm EST. It is two episodes shown back to back.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    OK folks the season finale is on Monday, December 19th, 2011 at 8pm EST. It is two episodes shown back to back.
    The previews say "See how it all ends". Does that mean the end of the season or the end of the show? Has it been renewed?

Last I heard it hasn't been renewed yet and they filmed the finale in a way that it could be the end of the series or continued. One of the stars said that a lot of questions are answered but new ones are asked (similar to Lost's way of doing things.)

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    Last I heard it hasn't been renewed yet and they filmed the finale in a way that it could be the end of the series or continued. One of the stars said that a lot of questions are answered but new ones are asked (similar to Lost's way of doing things.)
    I read the same article..I hope we get another season but in case we don't..its been a good show and if they don't renew maybe we will get a close out movie
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So for series finale/season finale, I can see a shot being fired in to the portal, possibly destroying its abilities for travel in both directions and maybe isolating the colonists in their new era (along with a bunch of soldiers sent back to subdue them). Wonder if the girlfriend will get through...then the kid will have to choose between Skye and her... Satisfying on one level, but leaving lots of ways to go open for the future if it is renewed...e.g., by the time it reopens the surviving soldiers have "converted" to Terra Novans and stand with the colonists.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    So for series finale/season finale, I can see a shot being fired in to the portal, possibly destroying its abilities for travel in both directions and maybe isolating the colonists in their new era (along with a bunch of soldiers sent back to subdue them). Wonder if the girlfriend will get through...then the kid will have to choose between Skye and her... Satisfying on one level, but leaving lots of ways to go open for the future if it is renewed...e.g., by the time it reopens the surviving soldiers have "converted" to Terra Novans and stand with the colonists.
    well if it continues I think at some point the sheriff's math genisus daughter will be the key to fixing the problem maybe cutting the riff off all together who knows I just fell if the show continues she will play a bigger part with all of Lucas's equations

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well if it continues I think at some point the sheriff's math genisus daughter will be the key to fixing the problem maybe cutting the riff off all together who knows I just fell if the show continues she will play a bigger part with all of Lucas's equations
    I agree. But I doubt she can do the math necessary to close the portal under that time pressure. Maybe if they shoot a gun to close it she over time can do the math to reopen it in some more controlled fashion.
    Of course the rip in time/space was something from Mother Nature,not from humans. The original portal was dumping people all over the planet, and the human contribution was to nail the deposit spot to one place. So if the current portal is destroyed not clear if what happens is NO transport, or again random transport.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I agree. But I doubt she can do the math necessary to close the portal under that time pressure. Maybe if they shoot a gun to close it she over time can do the math to reopen it in some more controlled fashion.
    Of course the rip in time/space was something from Mother Nature,not from humans. The original portal was dumping people all over the planet, and the human contribution was to nail the deposit spot to one place. So if the current portal is destroyed not clear if what happens is NO transport, or again random transport.
    remember the eye...bet they are gonna find a stored copy of Lucas's equations hidden there so a lot of the work will already be done for her and I think she can figure out a way to keep it from going both ways...IF it continues I just feel it will come to a mental battle between her and Lucas to control the time rip

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    remember the eye...bet they are gonna find a stored copy of Lucas's equations hidden there so a lot of the work will already be done for her and I think she can figure out a way to keep it from going both ways...IF it continues I just feel it will come to a mental battle between her and Lucas to control the time rip
    Oh, excellent point about the Eye! Skye put all Lucas' equations in there, so hopefully they were retained. If Skye has told them that, which I assume she did, eventually someone might realize that. I'd forgotten that. Thanks!
    Lucas seemed to disappear,as if he went back to the future. I'm not sure he'll come back with the troops. On the other hand he'd probably take a lot of risks to actually see daddy dearest humiliated.

For all the brohaha the show makes about how expensive it is and how much CGI there are anyone noticed how few dinosaurs we really see? Once maybe every 3 episodes. So what makes this show so expensive? It certainly is not the special effects.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread