+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

Re: Terra Nova

from the way I understood it Skye's parents died during some kind of illness that swept through the camp but didn't Skye and her parents come in during the 2nd pilgramage which puts them coming through with Lucas.....now were her parents cahoots with Lucas and people that sent him...I have several questions about how they got her out without Taylor knowing about it.....sad part is I think Taylor would have done everything he could to help her get the medicine and get her mother outta there.....can't wait to find out the entire story behind it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    did you miss the episode where Mira sent the little girl to Terra Nova to get the box that was for Lucas the child was between 8 and 10 and Mira had the girl's little brother and told the child that she would kill her brother if she didn't do what she was sent to Terra Nova to do
    I did (miss it). So, so much for my teenagers are adults theory!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I speculated in the beginning that Skye's being the informant would be interesting but what I find more interesting is that her mom's alive all these years and she's allowed Taylor to believe she was dead. I want to know why?? And how did Mira get her?

The most interesting part of this show is the cute soldier and the oldest daughter. I love how he asked permission to "court" her - (loved as in had a good chuckle with DH over it). Guess they really are going all 18th century on us.

I was starting to think the head doctor (ex-boyfriend of the wife) was the informant, esp. when he seemed to reprogram the dragonfly and it headed to Shannon's house. Ah well. Looking forward to seeing lots of things blow up next week - I wonder if that'll be the end of Terra Nova or if it gets picked up for next year.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Now I am a tad confused. Is it evil corporations that are trying to take over Terra Nova so they can strip mine the pass and so the rich can profit and who cares about those outside the domes? Do they want to strip mine to help the future and where is the government in all this?

How many people are in a pilgrimage any way? And shouldn't there be more than one colony established now?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There are 3 episodes left:

Within - episode 11 airs 12/12/11

The two part season finale airs 12/19/11:

Occupation - episode 12
    Resistance - episode 13

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Now I am a tad confused. Is it evil corporations that are trying to take over Terra Nova so they can strip mine the pass and so the rich can profit and who cares about those outside the domes? Do they want to strip mine to help the future and where is the government in all this?

How many people are in a pilgrimage any way? And shouldn't there be more than one colony established now?
    You'd think, but they seem to have lost quite a few people (to disease like, at least, Skye's dad, and to the wildlife, plus the 6ers are not in the main camp).

You still have to figure that they would be sending back several hundred people at a time. Initially, it would have been scouts and scientists and then construction workers, still it seems like a lot of scientists are still being included. There would have to be at least a 1,000 or so people by now.

some scoop on the finale from EW.com I'm using spoiler tags just in case.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Terra Nova‘s future remains unknown, but should there not be a second season, Allison Miller (who plays Skye on the Steven Spielberg-produced drama) wants fans to know, you will hate not knowing what comes next. “There’s going to be so much left unanswered,” she says with a laugh. “It would not be fair to anyone to not give us a second season.”
    That doesn’t, however, mean everything will go unanswered. For one, fans will learn why Lucas is trying to get the portal to go both ways, they will learn of an organization that has “something else in mind for Terra Nova,” and the source conflict between Lucas and Taylor will be revealed (“You’ll know exactly what has been driving them apart all these years,” she says). Meanwhile, Skye will busy herself trying to get Taylor’s son to spare Josh’s life and “she may be responsible for saving someone else’s life as well.”
    “It felt like we went back to the pilot as far as the scope and scale of everything,” she tells EW. “It’s just so huge, it sort of has this post-apocalyptic feel to it that’s dark and interesting.” But what of the death producers have been teasing? Sworn to secrecy, Miller would only say, “I was so disappointed. I mean, it’s heartbreaking. It’s so, so sad.”
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Ouch, Lucas really does hate his father enough to destroy an entire world. Bit obsessive you think?

Next week is the big 2 hour finale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah...his dad couldn't save his mother....meaning he couldn't bring her to TN? Or she died of some disease? Or was left behind in some war torn country and killed? I've lost track of the dates...was August 2038 before TN opened up? It's going to be pretty hard to find something the dad did that was sooo bad that Lucas is willing to kill a whole colony for revenge. Even if he is/was a teenager!

Meanwhile...the Sixer leader...she is doing this so her daughter will have a better life...but it sounds as if she means her daughter will have the better life back in the future if the Sixers know that the bad guys are going to destroy TN.

Lucas said a gun shot would destroy the portal, meaning no more help or people from the future...I wonder if they will cut themselves off from the future as a solution? It doesn't seem possible that they could ever trust the future again, as long as it is possible to strip mine the past.

+ Reply to Thread