+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Terra Nova

Re: Terra Nova

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    Actually, the dad broke out of prison & snuck into TN. The youngest daughter was also not allowed to go, they snuck her in in the backpack.
    Yes, I realize that, just explaining why a person that just entered into the community became such a big person. The fact that he was in prison and stuff like that doesn't explain how a newcomer on a pilgrimage, let alone a former prisoner and his family basically become VIPs in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    any guesses as to whom the spy is???? they've thrown the bartender at us too many times..he may be worker with the sixers but he is not the spy...I was wondering about Malcom maybe?????
    There is/was a lot of credible speculation/spoilers that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Skye is the spy.
    This isn't confirmed, but there is some facts/evidence for why people think this way. I just can't remember off the top of my head.

now that Shannon knows the story of Taylor's son I don't think it will be long before he tells Taylor about his daughter...she is either on the same level or even smarter than Lucas and I think if they show her the equations she could fill in the missing gaps for TN...as for Skye being the spy that would be a shame I have really come to like her
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The birth mom looked East Indian as does Shannon's wife.
    Right, or thereabouts, but where are the people of Chinese or Japanese descent? They don't have any doctors, engineers and other useful people in Chicago from those communities? Or those people don't want to go? Seems a tad unlikely. There are a lot of relatively minor roles or even standing in the background roles that these folks could fill even if they aren't leads....to make it look less like this is the white folks and their spouses escape route... It's jarring to go from say, Glee, to this show. Especially since this is meant to be the society of the future.
    Re the leadership... i agree...ok, so the doc is automatically a fairly important person, but also her kids? In any society the people who "came over on the Mayflower" have a certain cachet. The doc and the police chief arrived after the colony was well developed...there were several groups ahead of them, and even other doctors I believe, so....

I think it's Alicia....Taylor's right hand woman. How would Skye know what routes they would be taking? It's got to be someone in Taylor's army. And she's the closest to him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

well those of you that named Skye as the spy......looks like you nailed it..but to me it just seems too easy..still not 100% convinced its her....course i could be wrong

well at least now I understand why...gezzzzzzzzz Mira keeps using children to carry out her plans...is there anything she won't stoop too...I know she wants her own child but IMO a true mother wouldn't stoop to using children
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 11-28-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    JavaJo likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well those of you that named Skye as the spy......looks like you nailed it..but to me it just seems too easy..still not 100% convinced its her....course i could be wrong

well at least now I understand why...gezzzzzzzzz Mira keeps using children to carry out her plans...is there anything she won't stoop too...I know she wants her own child but IMO a true mother wouldn't stoop to using children
    To be fair, unless I've missed one she's using teenagers to carry out her plan. I'm guessing she was a teen when she had her daughter, so maybe she doesn't see teens as children. A child is prepuberty to her.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    To be fair, unless I've missed one she's using teenagers to carry out her plan. I'm guessing she was a teen when she had her daughter, so maybe she doesn't see teens as children. A child is prepuberty to her.
    did you miss the episode where Mira sent the little girl to Terra Nova to get the box that was for Lucas the child was between 8 and 10 and Mira had the girl's little brother and told the child that she would kill her brother if she didn't do what she was sent to Terra Nova to do

I'm kind of disappointed that Skye is the mole. I liked the idea floated here about Taylor's second-in-command. Skye just seems too easy. However, now I'm trying desperately to remember the first ep where she tells Josh about her and what happened to her parents. Does Taylor think the mother died?

I did like the scenes with Taylor and Mira - their discussions, fighting together to survive, the reveals and insights about both their backgrounds and motivations.

What I am not liking is the quality of the CG FX - it's very late-90s/cheesy SciFy movie quality and not what I would expect for a network show, especially one backed by Mr Jurassic Park himself. The CGI in shows like V and Falling Skies is far superior.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed that Skye is the mole. I liked the idea floated here about Taylor's second-in-command. Skye just seems too easy. However, now I'm trying desperately to remember the first ep where she tells Josh about her and what happened to her parents. Does Taylor think the mother died?
    I feel the same way as you do. To easy and not very real world to me. I can see what they are doing though. All of a sudden Skye seems to have more access to Taylor then earlier in the show. I still feel it is a huge cop-out, no military style commander would be revealing routes and things like that to someone like Skye. Yeah maybe unimportant details that can be nit together, but not directions of travel, timelines, etc. They will probably end up showing her asking Taylor questions about this and that, or having her sneak into his computer.

+ Reply to Thread