+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Pan AM

The previews show Maggie in a struggle to keep her job and as a result she may resort to blackmailing Dean to keep her job. Have I missed something b/c why would Maggie's job be in jeopardy?

I also didn't care for Dean's story this week with the secretary/mistress but I guess it had to be shown if Maggie is going to use it to further her cause. I really, really hate the espionage aspect of the show with Kate working as a CIA courier, but maybe that's just me?

CCL

I don't mind the spy storyline but I've heard from others they do not like it. They do spend a lot of time on it.

I'm guessing Maggie's job is in jeopardy because she flouts the rules - talking back to the supervisor, not following the dress code, not showing up for the return flight from Berlin etc.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I like the idea actually of Maggie having to fight to keep her job - the time was really starting to change the belief that women were these paper dolls to dress up and Maggie's one of those who'd fit that mold. That said, I hope it's on and off again in regard to the attire issue. I'd like to see other rules and training a stewardess from that time would have to face.

And I agree with people who say there's not enough Colette. I think part of it might be because of the actress being French Canadian IRL and depending on her citizenship it could factor in, but I think she's also taking back seat to the undercover stuff. I don't mind the plotline too much, but stories really need to be balanced out amongst the characters. It's one reason why sappy shows such as "The Love Boat" worked well. They need to heed caution in this area though because if they focus on one character or storyline too much, this show will suffer to the point of "The Playboy Club" (which IMHO - we saw really only two storylines and there were many more possibilities out there with the rest of the cast).

That said, I have to admit my favorite line of the night was when she talked about "Indulging in a guilty pleasure" and it was the emerald green dress. I really did get fooled into thinking she was talking about something else from the promos. It also in effect made the line more endearing and was a good showing of the whole double entendre of the phrase now.

CCL

I do not think the actress' Canadian citizenship is an issue -there are a lot of Canadians in Hollywood. Plus the actress playing Laura is Australian. The writers have seemed to be most interested in the sisters thus far though Colette did get prominent story lines in the pilot episode and the Berlin one and Maggie is going to be the focus next week. I just like Colette a lot so the more of her the better.
    jadewarlock and JulieAnn like this.

FORT Fanatic

I just read that they have a new show runner so hopefully he can tighten the story line up a bit...and get us more Collette!

And...Kate has become my new "I want to look like that" role model to keep me motivated to exercise and eat right. At my age I doubt I can look that good but I loved how she's not some sexpot yet has a killer body.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I do not think the actress' Canadian citizenship is an issue -there are a lot of Canadians in Hollywood. Plus the actress playing Laura is Australian. The writers have seemed to be most interested in the sisters thus far though Colette did get prominent story lines in the pilot episode and the Berlin one and Maggie is going to be the focus next week. I just like Colette a lot so the more of her the better.
    Me too - that's probably why I'm trying to encourage ABC in my own way to remember there are four so be sure to balance out their storylines.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I read this weekend that the show is not doing all that well in the ratings and may be canceled. I hope not.

CCL

I seem to post in this thread a lot...got to live up to my avatar ...anyhow, I wanted to reply to Eastcoastmom. The ratings for the show have not been good but I have read that there is a lot of support at the network for it, so much so that they just hired a new showrunner and are promoting the show more. Hopefully the ratings will pick up. Someone up thread mentioned that it might be better in an earlier timeslot; I don't know if that is a possibility the network would consider.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I seem to post in this thread a lot...got to live up to my avatar ...anyhow, I wanted to reply to Eastcoastmom. The ratings for the show have not been good but I have read that there is a lot of support at the network for it, so much so that they just hired a new showrunner and are promoting the show more. Hopefully the ratings will pick up. Someone up thread mentioned that it might be better in an earlier timeslot; I don't know if that is a possibility the network would consider.
    I think the ratings would pick up if they'd swap "Desparate Housewives" with "Pan AM." IMHO a lot of this issue is currently because of "DH's" final season, not because it's a bad show. People watch the earlier show and then watch the 9 p.m. news because it's a school night usually. I also say this because the acting far surpasses that on "The Playboy Club." It IS entertaining.

Plus ABC isn't one that just quickly yanks a series unless they know it's going to be real bad - or at least gives it a chance. Admittedly "Charlie's Angels" is going to be ending soon (it was canceled), they're still at least showing the remaining episodes filmed. That's more than most shows that are canceled.

I absolutely love this show and will be really disappointed if it gets cancelled. Love the costumes and the feel of the 60s which sadly I missed.
    But more than that, I am begining to get into the characters and the little nuances that the writers and actors display in each episode. Ted is turning out to be my favourite character with his one-liners and comments. I'm looking forward to seeing how is interactions with Laura start turning out each week. I think the CIA handler Richard is smoking and he and Laura seem to have great on-screen chemistry. Ep 6 should be an interesting episode so looking forward to.
    Here's hoping viewership improves - I like watching a bit of fluff and this is just about as nice a piece of fluff as we'll ever get.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

+ Reply to Thread