+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan AM

I too hope it sticks around..I like it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I found Maggie really annoying in this episode, but I felt full empathy for Colette. The actress did a wonderful job. Although my family was out of Europe well before War World II, I knew several survivors and I cheered Colette's actions at the party. I found out only recently that a good number of girls at my high school who were older, younger, or the same age as I, had been survivors of the camps. They did not reveal that to any of us because 1) they didn't want to talk about what they'd been through, and 2) they didn't want to be treated differently from the rest of us. A few of these were girls I knew well.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I didn't really get Maggie's love for JFK personally...seemed a bit much. They kept going on about him liking stewardesses -I thought it was going to get unseemly.
    I haven't even watched this episode yet...it is recorded and I'm looking forward to it as I really like the show.
    I just wanted to say that I can relate to her feelings about JFK.
    When I was in high school, Bobby Kennedy came thru our small town and did the meet and greet thing at a local restaurant. I went because I was curious and we didn't get a lot of famous people there but at my age, I really didn't have any interest in poltics or politicians.
    So I got in line to shake his hand... I don't know how to explain it but those Kennedy boys had such charisma that you were left, somewhat stunned. It's rare...never happened to me again and here in CA, I see lots of beautiful people.
    Not only was he fantastically good looking on the outside, there was something that radiated from the inside. Indescribable.
    So after I shook his hand, I got back in line and did it again!! And it was just as thrilling the second time.
    Just the oddest thing but it does happen.
    JulieAnn likes this.

CCL

Not enough Colette last night.
    Kate was out of line with her sister. First, she told her she would be right back and then left for hours but she gets mad at Laura for leaving the room? Hypocritical. And if the camera was so important she should have had it with her. It will be interesting to have Laura living in the Village with Maggie, seeing what rubs off.
    Nice to get background on Ted. I thought they were setting up something for him and Maggie but now it seems it will be him and Laura. Please no triangles.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic

I agree that there wasn't enough Colette in last night's episode.

I'm not sure why the CIA chose Kate to be a courier for them. She doesn't seem to follow the bouncing balls to see what will happen. I agree that she should have had the camera with her.

I'm also glad that the Kate-Laura tension finally came to a head. Maybe it is a big sister thing that she felt like she needed to take care of Laura. I know for me, my youngest sister is 10 years younger than me and even though she is 40 I still have to remind myself from time to time that she is capable of taking care of herself (and has been doing a darn good job of it, too, but I still feel protective of her).

I'm not so annoyed with Ted now that he has a real character. What kick in the teeth to lose your dream and to not have your own father support you!

FORT Fogey

I'm a fan of the "Pan Am" tv show. They should put this show on at 8 or 9, and put some other show on at 10. Then Pan Am's ratings will increase, and the other show's ratings will decrease.

Last night's episode might explain why it can't be on any earlier - a tryst here, a tryst there. This show lacked substance, in my opinion, but wow, that emerald green dress sure looked stunning with Kate's red hair.

CCL

I thought she looked fantastic in that white dress at the pool hall...vavoom and all that.
    Not a fan of Dean and the secretary/mistress and not enough Colette.
    Overall I thought it was an ok episode.
    Next week, with the focus on Maggie and her struggle to retain her job, looks good. I wish they'd show more of Laura living with Maggie. And more Colette!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I made it through about 15 minutes of last night's show. I found it boring.
    I watched some of the stuff I have on tape & haven't gotten around to watching yet. Much more interesting.
    I haven't given up completely, but this show needs to step it up if it wants to stick around.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Since they show the Bachelor Pad at 8, they can show Pan Am at 8. Dean needed a story, but his story on the most recent episode wasn't interesting. Ted's story on last week's episode was very interesting. I'd like to see more of Maggie's life as a beatnik. How about spending more time on the character's lives in New York, and less time on their adventures in foreign countries?
    JulieAnn likes this.

+ Reply to Thread