+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

CCL

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

I'm with you then...I thought nothing definite had been said. Bothersome.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm glad Amazon made the episodes available, and that I still have the lost episode on my DVR.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Technically, ABC still hasn't officially announced whether or not the show is cancelled, but the news will probably come within the next week or two, when ABC announces their fall schedule. But everyone in the industry is assuming that it's cancelled, since they stopped production in January and some of the actors have taken other jobs.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

Apparently it is now official. (And it's replacement show, GCB, wasn't renewed either. )
    Last edited by JulieAnn; 05-11-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Adding link

CCL

Yeah, not surprising but still .
    JulieAnn likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yeah, not surprising but still .
    Yeah, count me in too on the disappointed here. Should write ABC and tell them that they should give "Pan Am" a half season more AFTER "DH" is off the air and give it a FAIR shot. They really didn't give it a fair shot IMHO.

On the plus - at least it got a fair and sweet sendoff where it could go either way and wasn't just dropped and left a bad taste in my mouth.

On the plus, at least Karine Vanesse (Collette) probably one of the few actresses I really enjoyed in the show here has a shot at another show on the network.

(Honestly "GCB" doesn't surprise me because they already have two new shows in that type of genre - "Don't trust the B in Apt. 23" and "Suburgatory." That said, "Pan Am" was a refreshing, classy and mature (mostly) series that was NOT the same rehash of stuff. Oh well).
    JulieAnn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    Apparently it is now official. (And it's replacement show, GCB, wasn't renewed either. )
    Aww, crap (for the axing of Pan Am).
    However, I'm glad that GCB got the boot. It's hard for a show to succeed when none of the characters is likeable.
    Longhornfan likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Just when you think it's over...

Will ‘Pan Am’ Take Flight With Amazon?

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday May 23, 2012 @ 11:07am PDT

EXCLUSIVE: It’s been three months since ABC aired the last episode of Pan Am and almost two weeks since the network officially canceled the freshman series. But the 1960s drama is not dead, at least not yet. As I hinted in my story from two weeks ago, Pan Am producer Sony Pictures TV has been exploring a play on cable or other platforms. I have now learned that the studio has had conversations with Amazon about potentially picking up the show. (Amazon already carries Pan Am‘s first season.) Like its fellow streaming brethren Hulu and Netflix, Amazon, along with Microsoft’s Xbox, has been looking to enter the original programming space.

DirecTV entered the original series arena by picking up canceled broadcast series — NBC’s Friday Night Lights and FX’s Damages. Netflix is doing it too with a new season of Arrested Development. Picking up Pan Am would certainly put Amazon on the map, though it seems at odds with the company’s recently announced plans to focus on comedy and children’s programming produced by its newly launched Amazon Studios. Because it ran on ABC only for a brief time and because Amazon already airs Pan Am‘s produced episodes, the streaming service can embrace the series and brand it as its own. It would also complement Amazon’s upcoming comedy slate with a high-end drama the service likely can’t produce on its own just yet.

Sony TV has an incentive to keep Pan Am going. The series, which started off great on ABC before quickly losing traction, is a big international seller for the studio. It is particularly popular in Europe, recently winning the best series category at this year’s Rose d’Or awards, considered Europe’s top television honor. Pan Am is one of several cancelled series that have been shopped around. ABC’s Cougar Town has become a success story, making a leap to TBS, Netflix looked at Fox’s Terra Nova and ABC’s The River but ultimately passed, while CBS’ Unforgettable has been pitched to TNT and Lifetime.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sony TV has an incentive to keep Pan Am going. The series, which started off great on ABC before quickly losing traction, is a big international seller for the studio. It is particularly popular in Europe, recently winning the best series category at this year’s Rose d’Or awards, considered Europe’s top television honor. Pan Am is one of several cancelled series that have been shopped around. ABC’s Cougar Town has become a success story, making a leap to TBS, Netflix looked at Fox’s Terra Nova and ABC’s The River but ultimately passed, while CBS’ Unforgettable has been pitched to TNT and Lifetime.
    This is where it will have a chance - because it is an international hit. I just hope for the actors and actresses they let them know soon because some of them have potential spots in other shows and movies that they could be in but are currently listed in holding because they have contracts for "Pan Am." Example is Karine with "Scruples" - even though her character is not vital to the series from my understanding.

On the others - "Cougar Town" would fit TBS' programing, and "Unforgettable" could do well on those two channels.

And yes, I feel "The River" and "Terra Nova" would be turned down more due to the costs of filming both.

+ Reply to Thread