+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan AM

it felt like they were trying to introduce too much too fast but I liked it.

I WANT one of those Pan-am Bags

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post

Go to Ebay. That's where I got mine a couple years ago. The ones the stews carry are larger than the ones for passengers. But they are so fun and everyone loves it when they see it.

Me too, but I don't know how to shop on ebay. Yeah, I know, the world is going to fast for me.....lol!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fanatic

Pan Am Brands owns the name now and they sell Pan Am merchandise (and the tie-ins for the TV show).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If anyone is interested, there is an encore show tonight at 9!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I really enjoyed this show, more than I thought I would. The only thing that bothers me is how Christina Ricci's eyes bug out...are they always like that or is this a new thing? Anyway, I'll definitely continue to watch.

for those so interested in the Pan Am bag ABC is giving some away you just have to go to their site and register for it...I know I know but its a chance anyway
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Just watched episodes 1 and 2 back to back. I loved the nostalgia of it all. I wasn't born until 1971, but I do remember PanAm and since my Mom is British, I was flying when I was two. Even in the 70's, although I'm sure slightly more relaxed, I vividly remember my Mom wearing a suit and pantyhose and heels whenever she flew home to see her family. She always said how uncomfortable it was to fly in those kinds of clothes, but it's what you did. I don't think it ever would have occured to her to slap on a pair of jeans and board the plane- it just wasn't done. I thought getting those fancy little meals (chicken or beef, miss?) was always so fun when I was little and the stewardesses always had some little trinket to give me.

I think the show is good, however as someone said upthread, I don't know if it's because of the nostalgia of it all or if it will stick. I tend to think it's too 'nice' of a show and will fade away before midseason. It was nice to see the actor who plays the captain again though- I had really enjoyed him on Miami Medical before they axed that too.

CCL

I'm loving the show. I think it's a bit style over substance at this point but that's ok. I hope it sticks around.
    I believe Christina Ricci's eyes have always been like that. She's an unusual beauty but a beauty nonetheless.
    Speaking of beauties, Colette was looking smashing last night. The straight bob suits her. I like the relationship she is forming with Dean.
    Suddenly Laura is vanilla-blonde rather than strawberry-blonde. That was a bit jarring. I can't believe her mom brought Greg to France.
    I'm glad we found out why Bridget disappeared. I still hope she can come back into the fold, though I don't know if that is realistic. And what was up with the husband talk from Gaspard? I think he's probably French intelligence and was trying to throw Dean off the scent.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Pan Am exists in Phoenix; it is a flight training school. My daughter in law works there and my son, a commercial pilot, trained there.

I was a flight attendant in the late 60's/early 70's for TWA. I missed this show! ARG. I will put it on my roster right this minutes. TWA was the first to change the term stewardess to flight attendant way back then.

+ Reply to Thread