+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Pan Am (ABC)

Re: Pan Am (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    My gut feeling is that GCB is being tested as a replacement for Desperate Housewives' timeslot next fall, not for Pan Am. The latest ads reinforce this belief. They are broadly linking the 2 shows & the characters in the ads. Kind of saying the GCB gals are the perfect companion for the Desperate Housewives ones.
    Come next Fall, it may move into the DH slot.

I think if Pan Am is renewed or not is a decision that will stand on it's own & if it is renewed, it will follow GCB.
    Yuck - the two shows are NOT the same, or even similar from what I've seen. I actually feel the "DH" show is a bit classier.

And it would be dumb for ABC to allow a show with lower ratings than it's predecessor ("Pan Am") to get a prime spot like that.

Then again - this may mean we're going to see some more mature things in "Pan Am" that even "DH" didn't cover that it has to be in that spot. Who knows?
    Longhornfan likes this.

FORT Fogey

Karine Vanasse has a role in an ABC pilot for a show called "Scruples."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Karine Vanasse has a role in an ABC pilot for a show called "Scruples."
    Thought it was a Made for TV Movie? Not a series? Based on the Judith Krantz book also if i recall.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Reading online - it is a series; however, she is in the pilot as a guest star with the option to be a regular. Basically what this means is that she is a second casting, and that will allow her to return to "Pan Am" should the series continue - and would as she is contracted in the show. She'd have to stay for a time due to that contract, then if she chose to continue in "Scruples" she'd have to find a way to be written out of the show.

It's kinda like "Greatest American Hero" when they tried to bring it back in 1986 - though it was changed to a "GAHeroine" pilot because Katt was signed to do "Perry Mason" movies, Connie Sellecca was in "Hotel" at the time and because of that, she couldn't have returned because of that contract - well that and she couldn't do both an ABC and NBC show.

FORT Fogey

"GCB" fell 10% to a series low 1.9 adults 18-49 rating at 10pm. There were 5.84 million viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    "GCB" fell 10% to a series low 1.9 adults 18-49 rating at 10pm. There were 5.84 million viewers.
    Question is - is this lower than the lowest of "Pan Am?" If so, that has now opened the door for it to return.

It also doesn't help "GCB" that it faces similar ideas shared by "Suburgatory" and "Don't trust the B**** in Apt. 23" (which BTW, I am not sure it'll survive either).

Honestly out of the three, I find "Suburgatory" the best because while the heroine does have her opinion about the uppity nature of city life, she does see the good in it and not necessarily the hypocricy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Question is - is this lower than the lowest of "Pan Am?" If so, that has now opened the door for it to return.
    Pan Am dropped to 1.2 after 14 episodes. GCB dropped to 1.9 after 5 episodes. The network execs might check to see how the ratings of GCB are the next few weeks. But, maybe they've already made their decisions. Maybe they won't include either show in the new fall lineup. They have pilots for several other shows they might try out instead.

FORT Fogey

Karine Vanasse tweeted that she hopes that "Scruples" gets picked up... it seems as if she's implying that Pan Am won't have a second season. A couple of months ago, Vanasse tweeted that she got an official call that Pan Am won't be renewed. She then tweeted that it wasn't true. The network must have told her to tweet that Pan Am wasn't canceled. For some reason, the network might want to make the official announcement themselves in May. I don't think the network would want to renew a show which has a 1.2 rating... I also don't think they would renew a show, (GCB), which has a 1.9 rating.

I guess I'm the last to know.
    I just read that Pan Am was definitely cancelled. The article said it as if it was announced a long time ago.
    Rats! It got so good during the 2nd half of the season.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fanatic

You're the second to the last to know because, until I read your post, I was still holding out hope that it would be picked up for another year.

+ Reply to Thread